British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DarrenCook

Gb World Cup Team

Why? I have never ever thought Richardson was good enough at the top level. I would rather blood the kids and lets see how they do, the experience could well benefit them and TEAM GB long term.

You people are so short sighted.

If this backfires and we crash out then you can all come back and call him clueless, but until then get behind them. FFS

King a kid? We are waiving the white flag already with this choice.

I said when Lyon was appointed it was madness and so it is proving. He has no experience outside the PL and it's showing through like a beacon..

I'm with Ashie, these riders have been put in continuously over the last few years... where has it got us?

In the end lets get the kids out there - It's the only way they're going to get experience at this level.

Richardson and Nicholls can't hold their own in the gp's, and harris is hardly up there with the best. They were included last year and done nothing, so why should they keep getting chances??!!

We need to build for the future and give the younger guys some experience, or we're going to carry on doing nothing in years to come.

Why? I have never ever thought Richardson was good enough at the top level. I would rather blood the kids and lets see how they do, the experience could well benefit them and TEAM GB long term.

You people are so short sighted.

If this backfires and we crash out then you can all come back and call him clueless, but until then get behind them. FFS

Everybody has their own opinion, and my VERY strong opinion is that leaving Lee out is mindless.

Of course we will get behind the riders when the time comes.

Rubbish,(to Gemmilou) riders need to earn their places in the team and just because they are young doesn't mean they should be given a chance. I am all for bringing in the youngsters, but surely you put your best team out for the WTC.

If Lyon wants to blood youngsters, get some internationals organised.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

lmao he cant win can he?

are you seriously saying that keeping the core of the team that has failed so abysmally for the last few years and so obviously has little chance of winning the competition overall is more important than drawing a line in the sand and making attempts to change the usual pattern of things?........... heres a reminder that the GB team has been in dire straights for something like 2 decades now lol..... we have not have the strength in depth and we havent had a giant to lead the team............. the only way to change that is to build for the future ....................

Rob Lyon is most certainly my new hero and this is one very canny decision....... it 1) makes sure that all of our youngsters gain much needed experience and 2) almost certainly forces us to the race off which is the only way that our guys have a chance of being set up correctly for the final and not suffering in the same way that they did 2 years ago

my only reservation is that by replacing Rico as well there is a stronger chance of us not making the race off if things go pear shaped on the night .....but this line up should be able to manage it comfortably

top marks to those behind the decision and I hope they are willing to continue the momentum at league level and tighten the rules to encourage our guys to flourish rather than youngsters from other nations getting more benefit

and was the highest scoring rider in the British Final.

agreed, but sadly, as is so often the case he bottled it when it really mattered.

riders need to earn their places in the team and just because they are young doesn't mean they should be given a chance.

Scott Nicholls etc shouldnt assume they have their place either though... They need to earn it also.

King a kid? We are waiving the white flag already with this choice.

I said when Lyon was appointed it was madness and so it is proving. He has no experience outside the PL and it's showing through like a beacon..

Spot on. 100% agree. I think he has been swayed by what he has seen over recent years in the PL. I would have had both Nicholls and Richardson IN! I wanted to give Rob Lyon a chance, but he has shot himself, not just in the foot, but the head.

I was at Peterborough earlier this season, Olly Allen was the best British Coventry rider, Kennett only got a couple of points. Harris wasn't much better. Oh dear.

Scott Nicholls etc shouldnt assume they have their place either though... They need to earn it also.

True, and Nicholls doesn't deserve a berth. But Ricko is having a blinding season. Far better than King.

Odds on we will come 3rd anyway at Peterboro and from what Bridger hinted, Richardson will be at the race-off probably in place of King.

Odds on we will come 3rd anyway at Peterboro and from what Bridger hinted, Richardson will be at the race-off probably in place of King.

Sounds like another mistake of Jim Lynch proportions then.

Sounds like another mistake of Jim Lynch proportions then.

whats that?

say that it will be about the youngsters but then just field the team that picked itself anyway?

I think some of you wouldnt be happy no matter what he had done...... either that or you would have been only too ready to rip it out of the team after our supposed best 5 riders had inevitably had their weaknesses shown and exploited................ can you still remember that sinking feeling from 2 years ago? (edit: and thats when we made it to the final!)

Edited by spook

Ok,so he might have made a mistake or 2 in picking the team,but apparently he is a very nice bloke B)

Let's face it it just shows the state of British(well english,coz we can't rely on the welsh or scots for any riders :lol: )speedway at the moment.All those foreigners coming over.I mean look at Newport National League side......full of blooming Aussies in what is supposed to be a British league for our youngsters!!!!!!Asset system and Ashley Holloway are also partly to blame......

Edited by iris123

Well done, Rob Lyon!

OK, it's not a team to win - this year.

What would have been achieved by including disappointment-at-the-back-for-Lee-Richardson and Saturday's Handbag Hero?

Even with a head start GB (or will it be Eng-ger-land :lol: ) woould finish third.

Get some experience into the younger riders - by the way without Chris Louis patronising "Lion Cub" comment :blink:

Now if they can only get some new blood into the GP.............