British Speedway Forum

You must of caught him on a good day!!!!!!!

well i must be very lucky then as i have caught him on at least 20 odd good days - GENT

I think I'm lucky too - my daughters have had photos taken with Scott and got autographs on dozens of occasions and he is always very friendly, but there again I cannot recall ever having had a bad experience with any rider.

Edited by WembleyLion

Have to say the same.ive had a picture took with him,as have my 3 kids and hes always been friendly,and cant say a bad word about him,but then again he is my favourite rider,lol,no seriously.hes always been very nice.

Edited by Tracy M

but there again I cannot recall ever having had a bad experience with any rider

Me neither - all of them i have met with my lad have been very approachable - however some do go out of their way to make kids feel special -( a word a shake of the hand etc - means the world to a 4 yr old)

and Scott is one of those

First chance I have had to comment on the incident since last Saturday....from where we sat high up on the third bend it looked like Nicholls closed the door round the last bend but left Emil room to race.

IMO the reaction of the Russian was way OTT, perhaps he is finding it hard to handle the pressure of expectation in the GP's now and loses his rag when things aren't going his way? Has loads of talent and at 19 one can excuse a lack of composure but he needs to develop some quickly if he is to remain at the top end of the GP rankings.

Looked to me like Nicholls tried hard to ride away from Emil but as he has said in the press, when someone starts clouting you round the head you are hardly going to stand there and let them do it.

Scott Nicholls is a waste of space. Plain and simple.

As Snyper says before he thinks he's better than he actually is.

This has always been the case, his arrogance is beyond belief.

In my opinion the support of British speedway fans is wasted on this rider.

Scott Nicholls is a waste of space. Plain and simple.

As Snyper says before he thinks he's better than he actually is.

This has always been the case, his arrogance is beyond belief.

In my opinion the support of British speedway fans is wasted on this rider.

You're entitled to your opinion KK but can you actually clarify why he is arrogant or give any quotes that suggests he's arrogant?

When has he said or hinted that he is better than he is?

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just confused that if he is, as you say, arrogant beyond belief, why is it not obvious to everyone?

Why is he a waste of space? A bit uncalled for I think.

You're entitled to your opinion KK but can you actually clarify why he is arrogant or give any quotes that suggests he's arrogant?

When has he said or hinted that he is better than he is?

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just confused that if he is, as you say, arrogant beyond belief, why is it not obvious to everyone?

Why is he a waste of space? A bit uncalled for I think.

The fact it is not obvious to everyone is because we are entitled to our own opinions. The fact that it is obvious to some warrants the comment and opinion. I only wonder what Chris Harris' opinion would be?!

The way I see it, and thats all it is, Scott Nicholls has always whinged and moaned when he is on end of a wrong doing yet still goes and does it himself to the next rider. Take this latest incident with Sayfutdinov, he rides the man out and out he knows where his opponent is as he's looking sideways not forwards, he may aswell of just hung him up on the fence. There have been other victims of this not neccessarily dirty but hard riding too, including his own fellow countryman and teammate Chris Harris. Now how many times has Nicki or Hans done that to Scott and he's bitched about them.

What goes around , comes around and you've got to be able to take it aswell as give.

He's not the British No.1 anymore again IMO he never really was.

The fact it is not obvious to everyone is because we are entitled to our own opinions. The fact that it is obvious to some warrants the comment and opinion. I only wonder what Chris Harris' opinion would be?!

The way I see it, and thats all it is, Scott Nicholls has always whinged and moaned when he is on end of a wrong doing yet still goes and does it himself to the next rider. Take this latest incident with Sayfutdinov, he rides the man out and out he knows where his opponent is as he's looking sideways not forwards, he may aswell of just hung him up on the fence. There have been other victims of this not neccessarily dirty but hard riding too, including his own fellow countryman and teammate Chris Harris. Now how many times has Nicki or Hans done that to Scott and he's bitched about them.

What goes around , comes around and you've got to be able to take it aswell as give.

Fair enough KK, I'm fully behind everyone having an opinion. Can't say I agree with it all mind.

Nothing wrong with the move at Cardiff in my opinion, Emil was the one that overeacted but thats been done to death now.

Nicki and Hans do their fair share of moaning too so that must mean they are arrogant.

Dont see what influence Bomber should have on anyones opinion.

No he's not Britains No.1, thats obvious, but 5 time British Champion says he must have been at one time.

I dont remember him moaning too much. I remember during one of the World cups when he got the hump with Hans but then he had a right to and I remember last season with Dryml, but then I thought that was justified too. I dont doubt that he has moaned on other occasions but then a fair preportion of the riders I've ever seen have moaned unjustifiably at some time, thats all part of speedway.

Clearly you just dont like the guy but then thats you're prerogative.

Dont make me laugh...talk about having about having a serious grudge against a rider.

How old are you?? If you're old enough, you will have seen Scott develop from a 16 year

old lad and novice, into one of the sports top riders.

Ok, so he hasnt won the World Title, neither is he likely to, but for heavens sake, get a

grip on reality.

Having followed Scott from his first pro rides, to his current position, he has never been a

deliberately dirty rider. This business with Harris is all a load of cobblers, yes they had a

few clashes, but no more than two rams butting heads to sort out who's the topdog.

Yes, they had a coming together, but its not like Scott goes out and tries to ram Harris

everytime they meet on track.

And as for your comment about "What goes around comes around".... Scott has been on

the end of some seriously dirty riding, but has not gone out of his way to seek revenge.

This incident in the British GP is being blown out of all proportion by many.

It was hard riding from Scott, but he did leave room, the Russkie just couldn't handle it,

simple as that. It could have been anyone out there, riding him hard, it just so happened

to be Scott.

I concure with many on here, Scott is one of THE nicest and most approachable riders in

World speedway. Like when my son was having some serious medical problems, Scott

was the first to do something for the lad. Photo's with him, with my boy on his bike,

giving my lad a racejacket, signed lots of goodies for him and asked after his well being

at every opportunity, Scott even had him round to his Dads house, to see the workshop

setup one day.

Along with Craig Boyce, who kindly donated his brand new racing gloves to my boy,

during the same time period, those guys will always be No1 for us.

Just out of interest KiddlyKestrel... Have you ever taken the time to speak to Scott, ask

him about his racing, what he thinks, seen him as he is off track??? I doubt very much

that you have.

Yet another that jumps on the 'Lets Bash Scott Nicholls' Bandwagon, without actually

knowing the guy.

As for being arrogant, you are so far off the mark, you're nearly on another planet.

Scott is passionate about his racing, he wants to win for his team, or his country. Do you

honestly believe he likes losing races?? If you do, then might I respectfully suggest you

go and seek another sport to watch, because you have very little knowledge of UK

speedway and Scott Nicholls in particular. And at NO point did Scott say he was going to

be World Champion, he wants to be in that top 8 to qualify on merit...oooh but thats

arrogance according to people like you.

To others its ambition, pure and simple. I have no doubt that Scott would have like the

World Title to add to his ... what is it 5 British Titles now??? But even he is realistic

enough to realise that thats not likely now.

When you can back up your wild claims about Scott with cold hard facts, please come

back and enlighten us with them, but I wont be holding my breathe as you dont have any

do you?

Apart from what you apparently see on track, which is not something that happens very

often from Scott, what do you actually personally know about him??

I will of course, expect the usual senseless response, as is the usual way on this forum

lately.

An yours is not an opinion, its an attack on a rider for the sake of it.

This site IS about different opinions, but NOT attacks on riders for the sake of it and using

the "Its just my opnion" line doesnt cut it I'm afraid.

Well, you can now show your true colours with another scathing attack, but thats to be

expected.

At the end of the day, I dont particularly like Harris, but I'll be cheering him on in both

the SWC and the GP's, as I will ALL of our Team GB boys, regardless of my opinions of

them.

Edited by tomcat

for gods sake the russkie was at fault simple as

for gods sake the russkie was at fault simple as

Exactly Bruno...But that wont stop these morons having a pop at Scott, or anyone else.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, long day ahead of me tomorrow.

How the hell can you have an opinion on something that is fact!!!!! I'm all for everyone having an opinion of him but to have an opinion on a black and white printed scorecard of the british riders championship (5 times) is plain ridiculous.

And "he may as well just hung him up on the fence" is again ridiculous. the incident was mid track.

wolfy!!!

Dont make me laugh...talk about having about having a serious grudge against a rider.

How old are you?? If you're old enough, you will have seen Scott develop from a 16 year

old lad and novice, into one of the sports top riders.

Ok, so he hasnt won the World Title, neither is he likely to, but for heavens sake, get a

grip on reality.

Having followed Scott from his first pro rides, to his current position, he has never been a

deliberately dirty rider. This business with Harris is all a load of cobblers, yes they had a

few clashes, but no more than two rams butting heads to sort out who's the topdog.

Yes, they had a coming together, but its not like Scott goes out and tries to ram Harris

everytime they meet on track.

And as for your comment about "What goes around comes around".... Scott has been on

the end of some seriously dirty riding, but has not gone out of his way to seek revenge.

This incident in the British GP is being blown out of all proportion by many.

It was hard riding from Scott, but he did leave room, the Russkie just couldn't handle it,

simple as that. It could have been anyone out there, riding him hard, it just so happened

to be Scott.

I concure with many on here, Scott is one of THE nicest and most approachable riders in

World speedway. Like when my son was having some serious medical problems, Scott

was the first to do something for the lad. Photo's with him, with my boy on his bike,

giving my lad a racejacket, signed lots of goodies for him and asked after his well being

at every opportunity, Scott even had him round to his Dads house, to see the workshop

setup one day.

Along with Craig Boyce, who kindly donated his brand new racing gloves to my boy,

during the same time period, those guys will always be No1 for us.

Just out of interest KiddlyKestrel... Have you ever taken the time to speak to Scott, ask

him about his racing, what he thinks, seen him as he is off track??? I doubt very much

that you have.

Yet another that jumps on the 'Lets Bash Scott Nicholls' Bandwagon, without actually

knowing the guy.

As for being arrogant, you are so far off the mark, you're nearly on another planet.

Scott is passionate about his racing, he wants to win for his team, or his country. Do you

honestly believe he likes losing races?? If you do, then might I respectfully suggest you

go and seek another sport to watch, because you have very little knowledge of UK

speedway and Scott Nicholls in particular. And at NO point did Scott say he was going to

be World Champion, he wants to be in that top 8 to qualify on merit...oooh but thats

arrogance according to people like you.

To others its ambition, pure and simple. I have no doubt that Scott would have like the

World Title to add to his ... what is it 5 British Titles now??? But even he is realistic

enough to realise that thats not likely now.

When you can back up your wild claims about Scott with cold hard facts, please come

back and enlighten us with them, but I wont be holding my breathe as you dont have any

do you?

Apart from what you apparently see on track, which is not something that happens very

often from Scott, what do you actually personally know about him??

I will of course, expect the usual senseless response, as is the usual way on this forum

lately.

An yours is not an opinion, its an attack on a rider for the sake of it.

This site IS about different opinions, but NOT attacks on riders for the sake of it and using

the "Its just my opnion" line doesnt cut it I'm afraid.

Well, you can now show your true colours with another scathing attack, but thats to be

expected.

At the end of the day, I dont particularly like Harris, but I'll be cheering him on in both

the SWC and the GP's, as I will ALL of our Team GB boys, regardless of my opinions of

them.

one of the best posts i have seen, enough said.

wolfy!!!!

Having followed Scott from his first pro rides, to his current position

That says it all for me. You clearly cannot give an un biased or impartial decision as you are a clear fan of Scott Nicholls so everything you say will more or less be tinted by your support if Scott.

Just as people would say my comments on Hans Andersen are biased as im a fan of his.