British Speedway Forum
zonkers

Millenium Stadium Or Wembley Stadium ?

Why does Wembley have to be mentioned? The GP is perfectly fine where it is.

Now Iris according to the flags and program etc the 3 homes riders are "british" meaning Wales is in "britain" meaning its no more of a speedway backwater than London in "britain"

Cardiff does a fantastic job of hosting the GP. Plus the Pairs in Somerset the night before then the Welsh Open.

What would we do for a weekend of speedway in London? Rye House, ha no thanks.

Cardiff 100%

Cardiff anyday. Although I live in Ipswich I found the Millennium easier to get to than Wembley the one time I attempted it. Also nothing to do around Wembley whereas you can make a day of it in Cardiff.

Yep ! I only live 40 miles from London, but could have got home from Cardiff quicker last night...... :rolleyes:

Tonedeaf said it ..... There is absolutely nothing to do around Wembley ..... Cardiff is the ideal location ..... Countless restaurants, bars and nightclubs within walking distance of the stadium and hotels ..... Cardiff for me every time.

Edited by Shadders

who doesnt want to go to wembley??

Plenty of people I should think..... :unsure:

And anyway - who doesn't want to go to the Millenium Stadium? Yes, the floors are sticky from years worth of beer (and worse) on them - but Wembley will be the same in a few years time..... :P

There is just something special about the Millenium stadium too - makes you feel "wow" when you look at it. I didn't get that at Wembley. And I stated earlier the whole getting there/seat views/atmosphere/safety/spaciousness/relaxing environment etc makes Cardiff a clear winner. I don't like football or rugby, but if someone invited me to go to Cardiff to watch a match I think I could be persuaded. But Wembley.... no way ! :P

Edited by zonkers

Tonedeaf said it ..... There is absolutley nothing to do around Wembley ..... Cardiff is the ideal location ..... Countless restaurants, bars and nightclubs within walking distance of the stadium and hotels ..... Cardiff for me every time.

Another good point ! :approve:

After we came out we actually went to Cardiff Bay and ate in a lovely Italian restaurant overlooking the bay. :approve:

Edited by zonkers

Cardiff every time! :approve:

Cardiff every time! :approve:

:lol::lol:

I see the Four Mooseketears have made their way into your signature :lol:

Would have to be Wembley for me ...the trainers would be better and the higher cost would get rid of some of guffs that go to Cardiff ..

Cardiff everytime for me as well!. But 2 gripes, 1 the Hotel costs, they seem to take the wotnot, and 2 the ruddy M4. and the carparking situation. But then you could always do what we did, come off the M4 take the A48 into Cardiff, ok its S L O W going back up the M4, but then its slow everywhere nowadays!!. try the M25 on a Friday afternoon, or the M3 during week days after 7,30 in the morning, thats S L O W!. So for 1 day a year that can be put up with!. The view at Cardiff is superb, oh, only one more gripe, the Ham Burgers we brought in the place over the road from the Stadium tasted like, and i could have done with a chainsaw to break my way through them!. :angry:

On the plus side, £2 for a bottle of Coke in the Stadium was quite reasonable, given what you would pay for a glass of coke in a night club, and if you held it up to the light you can see straight through it!!. :blink:

I don't know who the bloke is that sings the Welsh National anthem, but he does it superbly every year, this year he even sung a couple of songs!. You wouldn't get that at Wembley!!.

Even the police are very ameanable and poilte!. :approve:

Nope, all in all Cardiff everytime for me.

Edited by Starman2006

After being to both Wembley and the Millenium stadiums,the Millenium wins each and every time.

I agree totally! I hope the GP never goes to Wembley.

Well it is good that you can fall out of the Millenium Satdium & straight into a bar. But with the Jublee Line you can get into the centre of London pretty quickly so its not so bad.

I love Cardiff, been every year & will continue to do so. It needs to sort the sound system out & the big screen too but on the whole its still fantstic. Can't say I'd be overly disappointed if there was a GP at Wembley though...

I'm all in favour of Millenium; everything's so handy and its pretty hard getting lost around Cardiff. I'll hafta wait 'til a lottery win for me next visit alas if the Hotels keep jacking the prices up!

If it was a choice between the two I would choose Cardiff but I would like to see what a GP would be like at Wembley but I have heard that BSI are looking at using a football stadium for a future event in the UK and have done noise tests at a couple of venues. I think the most likely places would be Coventry Ricoh or Manchester city ground

All this talk about Wembley - don't forget it's NOT the Empire Stadium with all its history and memories from Lionel van Pragg through to Ole Olsen, calling at Freddie Williams, Peter Craven and Ove Fundin on the way

It's a brand new 21st century concrete monstrosity

There's no magic to the "new" Wembley" like there was about Sir Arthur Elvin's old place

The location of the Millenium Stadium (or Anfield South, as Liverpool fans would have you call it), so close to the centre of the city and with Cardiff Bay nearby, seems from the other posts to be far more favoured than the Industrial Park which is Wembley, Middlesex

well to be honest i think you should make sure that you fill the Millennium Stadium before you start talking about having a GP at Wembley.

Otherwise Wembley will be like Ullevi/Gothenburg a large stadium only filled to about 1/3.