British Speedway Forum

Was looking forward to the Pairs at Arlington but last night it was announced that the date (8th August) would now be taken by the fixture against Coventry, as the current scheduling of this is past the cut off date in September - have the "rules" changed again or was the fixture always at the "wrong" time ?

Anyway, what now of the Elite League pairs, anyone herad where this could go to ? Shame, as I was looking forward to Adams / Zagar, Karlson / Lindgren and Andersen / Holder. Would have been a cracker at Arlo. Presumably the Coventry match is financially beneficial, I wouldn't have thought Bob D would be turning away good money from the Pairs event if he didn't have to.

Was looking forward to the Pairs at Arlington but last night it was announced that the date (8th August) would now be taken by the fixture against Coventry, as the current scheduling of this is past the cut off date in September - have the "rules" changed again or was the fixture always at the "wrong" time ?

Anyway, what now of the Elite League pairs, anyone herad where this could go to ? Shame, as I was looking forward to Adams / Zagar, Karlson / Lindgren and Andersen / Holder. Would have been a cracker at Arlo. Presumably the Coventry match is financially beneficial, I wouldn't have thought Bob D would be turning away good money from the Pairs event if he didn't have to.

Ipswich could stage it, no chance of home team advantage and no doubt they will be looking for fixture fillers!

I must have misunderstood last nights announcement. I thought it was still going to take place at Arlington but at a later date ?. :unsure:

One obvious place it could go, Poole!!.

Just a thought but does the el pairs have to be held at an el track, could it not be held at a pl or even nl track where there would be no home advantage.

That is of course if it is not just being moved to a later date at arlington

Wasn't it supposed to be at Kings Lynn last season but was rained off then moved to Swindon?

One obvious place it could go, Poole!!.

why....so your bleak season might end with some silverware ;)

Just a thought but does the el pairs have to be held at an el track, could it not be held at a pl or even nl track where there would be no home advantage.

That is of course if it is not just being moved to a later date at arlington

OK just to keep everyone happy here, let us hold it at an NL Track!

Bournemouth

:lol:

At Scunthorpe

Too far North for 8 of the pairings.

Kasprzak and Gjedde would be ok though :wink:

Too far North for 8 of the pairings.

Kasprzak and Gjedde would be ok though :wink:

Crap excuse,get it on a decent track sod the distance,riders fly all over europe to ride but a few hours in the van and "NO WAY",

Crap excuse,get it on a decent track sod the distance,riders fly all over europe to ride but a few hours in the van and "NO WAY",

I think the point is it would be a long way for 'most' of the fans.

You would of been dissapointed,

Instead u would of seen -

Belle Vue - Gjedde, Risager

Coventry - Kennett , Allen

Eastbourne - Bridger , Woodward

Ipswich - Batchelor , King

Lakeside - Shields , Davidsson

Peterborough - Iversen, Bager

Poole - Screen, Davidsson

Swindon - Adams, McGowan

Wolves - Lindgren , Klindt

As most of the 'bigger' riders deide to give it a miss!!

If the reason for this is that Dugard would like a bumper crowd for the Coventry meeting like he did last time then trust me, the way he treated the Bees fans with contempt with his ramblings last time out he'll be disappointed, this time there will be no coach trip.You reap what you sow old man

Edited by colincooke