British Speedway Forum

Colin, the BSPA have ordered Eastbourne to compete this fixture as Cov are likely to be in the run in for a play off spot - before a september deadline. If they don't, They'll be fined I presume.

Having looked at his options, he's decided to play the BSPA at their own game and schedule the meeting in place of the pairs, a BSPA meeting. Fair play to guy I say.

Eastbourne are always going to struggle to get their home fixtures in before the play offs, if they decide to not run against the GP's.

Edited by superguest

Colin, the BSPA have ordered Eastbourne to compete this fixture as Cov are likely to be in the run in for a play off spot - before a september deadline. If they don't, They'll be fined I presume.

Having looked at his options, he's decided to play the BSPA at their own game and schedule the meeting in place of the pairs, a BSPA meeting. Fair play to guy I say.

Eastbourne are always going to struggle to get their home fixtures in before the play offs, if they decide to not run against the GP's.

I appreciate that Jenn, funny thing is if this had been the pairs the trip would've been a certainty, so, who is it that's really to blame for "Big Bob" missing out on a good crowd.

Truth his Bob hasn't done himself any favours with Bees fans veiws, but then neither have the men in their Ivory Towers.

I appreciate that Jenn, funny thing is if this had been the pairs the trip would've been a certainty, so, who is it that's really to blame for "Big Bob" missing out on a good crowd.

Truth his Bob hasn't done himself any favours with Bees fans veiws, but then neither have the men in their Ivory Towers.

It has nothing to do with Coventry fans, just the BSPA. The meeting between the two sides has to happen at some point, whereas the pairs doesn't. :):wink:

It has nothing to do with Coventry fans, just the BSPA. The meeting between the two sides has to happen at some point, whereas the pairs doesn't. :):wink:

It is strange though that it's been quoted like that yet 5 days after the original Bees fixture we are at Lakeside, am i missing something here.

I think you will find that both Eastbourne & Coventry had it listed as Monday 17th August as a provisional fixture. In Eastbourne's programme on Saturday it was listed as Saturday 19th September and then announced at the Peterborough Meeting that as the 19th was after the cut off date it had been moved to Saturday 8th August.

so does any one actually know when and where this is being held as i have already booked the time off for the 8th from work and i want to be going but need to change holiday if needed!!!!

so does any one actually know when and where this is being held as i have already booked the time off for the 8th from work and i want to be going but need to change holiday if needed!!!!

Wish we knew. Ask the BSPA ?

STAGE IT AT THE IOW, GOOD FAST TRACK AND BIG HOLIDAY CROWD.!

Somerset :unsure::approve:

Edited by Wolfsbane

Guest sjl
STAGE IT AT THE IOW, GOOD FAST TRACK AND BIG HOLIDAY CROWD.!

I was there last night --- great track --- shame about the weather though! :cry:

So who has actually cancelled it?

The club or Sky/the BSPA?

If it is the latter, then it is just another example of Sky interfering in our league because it may interfere with their precious TV schedule; this meeting has been scheduled since the start of the season, the BSPA were well aware of that; just another example of their total lack of regard for the fans.

One obvious place it could go, Poole!!.

i dont think so there was a poor turnout for the British Final and it should be at track centrally located to enable most fans to get to it.

My money is on swindon the home of the champions

I can't tell you how bloody angry I am about us loosing this meeting, if's it's been taken from us or if we let it go for financial reasons (Bob promised season ticket holders 'free' entry to this shared event as a bonus!) we will probably not find out due to the usual wall of silence from the ivory towers! With all thats gone on this year I'm really starting to wonder why I bother going any more?