British Speedway Forum

i dont think so there was a poor turnout for the British Final and it should be at track centrally located to enable most fans to get to it.

My money is on swindon the home of the champions

Funny how meetings that get re-scheduled often end up at Swindon, did'nt one get re-arranged there last season?

Let's see, who is involved with Swindon?

Oh yes, a "certain person", the same "certain person" who is so frightfully chummy with Sky!

The same Sky that seem to be partly instrumental in losing us this meeting due to their ****** TV schedule.

Now, if I was of a suspicious nature..............................................!? :blink:

Funny how meetings that get re-scheduled often end up at Swindon, did'nt one get re-arranged there last season?

Oh yes, a "certain person", the same "certain person" who is so frightfully chummy with Sky!

The same Sky that seem to be partly instrumental in losing us this meeting due to their ****** TV schedule.

Now, if I was of a suspicious nature..............................................!? :blink:

Yawn.

BEES OFFICAL SUPPORTERS CLUB - STATEMENT

Thursday 09 July 2009

THE Elite League Pairs will not now be taking place at Eastbourne on Saturday August 8.

Although Bees are now there in the Elite League on that date, due to the events that took place last time at Arlington, we have decided NOT to run a coach.

Anyone who has already paid should contact us at the BOSS kiosk on Friday.

There is still a coach going to Lakeside on August 22 and when the new date and venue for the pairs is decided we will look at doing a trip there.

Taken from the bees website....

I was at this meeting and can't think of anything major happening that would provoke this sort of reaction. Surely it's not solely due to Bob Dugards rant before the meeting?

Thursday 09 July 2009

THE Elite League Pairs will not now be taking place at Eastbourne on Saturday August 8.

Although Bees are now there in the Elite League on that date, due to the events that took place last time at Arlington, we have decided NOT to run a coach.

There is still a coach going to Lakeside on August 22 and when the new date and venue for the pairs is decided we will look at doing a trip there.

I was at this meeting and can't think of anything major happening that would provoke this sort of reaction. Surely it's not solely due to Bob Dugards rant before the meeting?

Oh dear someone has thrown their rattle out of the pram :shock:

Leave Swindon out of this, it's not our decision not to run the event at Eastbourne :angry:

If the date stays the same I very much doubt we could hold it as there is dog racing at the Abbey on a Saturday night.

In a way I hope it doesn't come back to Swindon because when Leigh & Matej win it no-one can say it was down to home track advantage! ;)

Oh dear someone has thrown their rattle out of the pram ....

I just hope no-one is going to start blaming the Coventry management for this decision as it is purely down to the Speedway Supporters Club who run the coaches to away meetings. If they have decided they don't want to put any money in Bob Dugard's pocket after his rant against the Bees last time then I don't blame them.

I just hope no-one is going to start blaming the Coventry management for this decision as it is purely down to the Speedway Supporters Club who run the coaches to away meetings. If they have decided they don't want to put any money in Bob Dugard's pocket after his rant against the Bees last time then I don't blame them.

That is very Right Gem, as you know dad organises the coaches & it's his words that i quoted previously.

Bob Dugard doesn't deserve the money of Bees fans after what he treated them to on 6 June, if he's struggling for money then tough he should keep his big gob shut.

For the record, Bob isn't the only one & there is one certain individual up our way that has said far too much about certain events & it isn't Colin Pratt.

Edited by colincooke

Certainly isnt the Bees management.

What I find interesting is that they have made their decision but is it a good decision for ALL fans.

Maybe there are fans that rely on this transport and dont want to get involved with the politics but just want to go to the meeting.

Not sure of his involvement but I believe Colincooke is very much involved and obviously has a personal axe to grind. Its just a shame others have been caught up in it as well! :(

Thursday 09 July 2009

Perhaps its got something to do with what happened in the bar when it kicked off twice between two sets of fans I believe there were some from Eddies home village and eastbourne fans it got heated when Eddie was called everything under the sun including being a judas, being stolen from Eastbourne e.t.c Punches being thrown, wrestling matches and a few on the floor and over the top of the seats.

One security staff trying to stop something that resembled a rugby match mind you at least Dean Barker and Mick Norris seemed to calm the situation down.

It was a good job that there were no children or elderly people in the vicinity when they came crashing over else there could have been a few injuries.

This in my opinion was caused as a result of Bobs rants over the mike plus being induced with alcohol .It was a good job that Coventry Fans did not get dragged into this episode.

As for the coach thats their decision I will be there hopefully not witnessing a repeat.

Leighton - IMO you're way off the mark.

Apparently those involved were not speedway supporters.

I can understand some reluctance from Bees fans about another visit, but for all his faults, BD emphasized he had no argument with any Bees riders or fans. His gripe was with the management & them allegedly going against an agreement thrashed out at the start of the season (cheque-book speedway?).

Looking at the bigger picture, it seems unlikely we'll be running next year.