British Speedway Forum

So then forum friends, who else is going to Poland for the World Cup race off and final next week??

I'm going. Love Leszno. Really looking forward to it. Also going to Peterborough.

Im going:) This is the best competition in Speedway for all season. Specially in Poland:)

Anyone going with TP tours from East Midlands?

Yes 14 of us are going to Lezsno we fly out week tomorrow were staying in Wroclaw . Lets hope for some good weather and some good racing .

Anyone going with TP tours from East Midlands?

Going with TP tours from Stansted.

Edited by Joanne

Going with TP tours from Stansted.

No doubt parties will meet up at the hotel. Doesn't your flight get in fairly late?

Have you received your boarding card yet?

No doubt parties will meet up at the hotel. Doesn't your flight get in fairly late?

Have you received your boarding card yet?

Yes, it would be nice to meet up. The flight gets there at 3pm, hopefully there will be no delays.

Not sure if we have our boarding cards yet as they will be posted to my mates house.

Yes, it would be nice to meet up. The flight gets there at 3pm, hopefully there will be no delays.

Not sure if we have our boarding cards yet as they will be posted to my mates house.

Boarding cards came in the post today

where's the nearest airport to Leszno? best way to get there?

Must be Posznan or Wroclaw........both around 1 hour there from!!

3 of us going from Edinburgh on Thursday morning.

Does anyone know if there is a similar website to the one created for the 2007 SWC at http://swc.leszno.pl/

I was interested in finding out if there was any Cycle Speedway planned on either the Friday or the Saturday afternoon. Don't suppose anyone knows?

I was interested in finding out if there was any Cycle Speedway planned on either the Friday or the Saturday afternoon. Don't suppose anyone knows?

There's a programme of the whole SWC weekend in "Tygodnik Zuzlowy" ("Speedway Weekly") but I don't see there any cycle speedway meetings, unfortunately... which actually doesn't have to mean there won't be such :rolleyes:

As for the other 'attractions'... On Friday evening, a march of Polish riders, hussars (a new symbol of the Polish team :wink:), chicks and other objects is to go from the Leszno Old Sqr to the stadium. This is to start at 18.30 and the parade is supposed to arrive at the stadium about 19.15... Then the official presentation of the Polish team is to take place. May be funny, am gonna hang around it.

Where are you gonna sit? Are you brining your Gollob Poland-Scotland-Poland flag with u? :)

Edited by Mateusz

I'm representing the Northern Territory while the Kirbys from the Gold Coast will be waving their inflatable Kangaroo again I'm sure.