British Speedway Forum

Why not host the Play-Off & Grand Final at Cardiff in the near future for the Speedway World Cup? or host one of the Group events there?

If the WC is just about two weeks after Cardiff GP why not host it there, sure the racing is mediocre and 'too safe' some say, but if a grand prix is held there, why not a world cup event, considering all the world cup tracks are just as bad as Cardiff (down to one person i shall not name for the way they set the tracks up :rolleyes:)

--

I'm sure i'll take a battering in criticsm (sp) but it was just a thought... :unsure:

possible a semi final but i doubt that the track will hold together for two meetings within 3 days?

I think this could come in the same discussion as why dont GB have 2 GP's in any given season

I suspect IMG try their best to protect their flagship cashcow at all costs and by holding 2 GP's or two events at Cardiff it puts the usual Cardiff attendance at risk through the money being spread too thinly

possible a semi final but i doubt that the track will hold together for two meetings within 3 days?

No point in hosting a semi when the grand final won't be there... the whole point is too have them both at the same track.

Trainning & Racing takes place in just 2 days for Cardiff - held together well, so gives the track a meeting, time to recover then another meeting so don't see why it shouldn't hold up, seemed to hold up like a normal speedway track - if not better, only downside was boring racing. :blink:

The Poles would go mad. Do you really think they would ever win a SWC if the final was held at Cardiff ? Not their type of track methinks .

It costs too much to lay the track at Cardiff and the venue is used quite a lot for many things apart from Speedway, so dates may also be a problem.

As for the GP's, we seem to forget we are ENGLAND and I cant see any reason why they cant hold the British GP at Cardiff and hold an English GP at somwehere like Coventry.

The Poles and Danes have 2 GP's, so why cant England have one and a British one ?

I think it should be called the commonwealth GP not the English GP. Then you could give the wild card to the best commonwealth rider. Make sense when vojens is know as the Nordic GP and we have the Scandinavian GP.