British Speedway Forum

Lots of question marks there. You seemed to have raised more questions than you answered in that post. :unsure:

Just trying to show I dont have the answers - just speculating...

only ones who know is Emil and the Russian team ;)

There was a time when the SCB ruled that you could not ride in anything else other than Leathers, but they relented on that about the same time as they relented on the use of the laydown engine.

perhaps not many of you can remember those rules, it is some time ago now.

Leathers still are the better protection, road racers are not allowed to use anything other than leathers, and as regards cost, that is a ridiculous argument when it comes to protection

The money Nikki will lose from being laid off by that burn, he could have bought himself several sets of leathers

yeah its a good point

a month or so ago the BBC moto GP coverage had a piece on their race suits down the years and visited the factory that has made them from the days of Barry Sheene................ it showed how they had changed and the reasons why and covered the materials used...

in effect they were extremely padded leathers which expanded in the right places and had kevlar stitched into the right places.....and all of the tailoring is safely stored on computers so it can be reproduced easily.......... I am not sure what the price tag would be to get a one off made for speedway but once the tailoring was set for a range of sizes it would just be a case changing the colours I should imagine

following this maybe Nicki will be looking into it?

p.s. no I dont remember leathers being mandatory... but I do remember the forerunner to race suits...... the old pits boiler suit flapping in the wind over the ripped leathers ... step forward Mike Fitzpatrick :lol:

Nicki says to his website that he will undergo a surgery at July 28th at Odense University Hospital and that

he will miss the next two GPs; Latvia August 1st and Målilla, August 15th.

Hopefully Nicki can come back for the final 4gps and defend his top 8 position.

http://www.nickipedersen.com/Default.aspx?...amp;NewsID=1762

Edited by Ghostwalker

if you ask me it says that they have to have both the flag on the chest and national colours inspired kevlars.

Correct that is what the rules say.

Nicki says to his website that he will undergo a surgery at July 28th at Odense University Hospital and that

he will miss the next two GPs; Latvia August 1st and Målilla, August 15th.

Hopefully Nicki can come back for the final 4gps and defend his top 8 position.

http://www.nickipedersen.com/Default.aspx?...amp;NewsID=1762

painful stuff for Nicki and tbh although he has a living to earn I hope he takes as long as he needs...... he would guaranteed a WC for next season anyway

painful stuff for Nicki and tbh although he has a living to earn I hope he takes as long as he needs...... he would guaranteed a WC for next season anyway

Does he get his own personal one in the Pits :rolleyes:

lol after seeing the size of their motorhomes I wouldnt be suprised if he was guaranteed a bath as well :lol:

On the General Discussions Page, under the Injured Riders thread, there is a post

that says Nicki may ride in the SWC Final if Denamrk qualify.

IMHO he would be nuts to even try after those injuries.... if that is true.