British Speedway Forum

I see that Davey Watt has stepped in for Schlein. Still leaves the Aussies looking strong throughout, could go all the way this time. Blimey they will be hard to live with then wouldn't they!? The Ashes and the World Cup, BFD will be in his element! :wink:

As i said in my last message, is a rider who's leading supposed to have eyes in the back of his head ?

I'm sure he didn't need eyes in the back of his head to know Nicki was there...Those bikes are a bit noisy ;)

To be honest, I think Greg WAS intending leaving room for Nicki until he lifted....I was actually getting mad, shouting at the TV telling Greg to move out and close the door before he lifted....

I also think the lift was the reason for the exclusion...It was a really tough decision. I think the fact that Jan and Hans both said that it was difficult one to decide on suggests that they probably think Nicki was the one that would normally go.

That's why the reserves rides need to be limited to 3 max.

But....ermm....If a rider gets injured in his first race, surely all his races should be able to be covered?

again his lack of trackcraft

You don't become multi world champion by having a lack of trackcraft. Surely even a Swindon supporter can see that. :rolleyes:

No, the throttle goes two ways, but it's no help when someone turns right on you at 75mph. :rolleyes:

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. IMO the russian rider held his line and Pedersen made the wrong decision in the split second it takes to make that decision. You think that the russian moved out off his line and gave Nicki Pedersen no alternative but to hit the back of him. I can accept this opinion, but do not necessarily agree with it. :wink:

But....ermm....If a rider gets injured in his first race, surely all his races should be able to be covered?

Been proven to be open to abuse.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. IMO the russian rider held his line and Pedersen made the wrong decision in the split second it takes to make that decision. You think that the russian moved out off his line and gave Nicki Pedersen no alternative but to hit the back of him. I can accept this opinion, but do not necessarily agree with it. :wink:

So you didn't notice the Russians front wheel in the air then? It's racing, things don't always work out as the competitors intend.

I see that Davey Watt has stepped in for Schlein. Still leaves the Aussies looking strong throughout, could go all the way this time. Blimey they will be hard to live with then wouldn't they!? The Ashes and the World Cup, BFD will be in his element! :wink:

He'll have a hard job - he broke his ankle last night.

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree then. I'm not saying the Russian did anything on purpose, & they rode brilliantly tonight, but give Nikki a break, he was completely innocent in what was a purely racing incident. :wink:

Been there on the first bend, just where NP were fenced.

Had a great evening seen through KB glasses, but not so good through the DK-glasses.

I was around that part as well.Talked to Ivan and Lasse before the meeting.Hope to see Lasse and Kenneth together in the DSL soon :lol:

Talked to Nicolai as well before the meeting and he was hoping for 8 points,so should be pretty happy....but Niels and Bjarne??????

Heard Nicki said he won't be fit for thursday....but the decision will be made on monday.Then again i heard he has a couple of burns on his leg....but not in really bad places.......

IMO the russian rider held his line and Pedersen made the wrong decision in the split second it takes to make that decision.

As I said earlier, Greg lifted and moved out slightly just before the contact....

It looked like he was planning to leave room between him and the fence until that happened.

He'll have a hard job - he broke his ankle last night.

I thought that it was Darcey Ward who broke his ankle last night.

Has it happened to Watt aswell?

I feel sorry for the Aussies that they never enjoy home advantage........... looking at the quality of their squad now and the potential of their youngsters it is easy to see how they could rule things for a sustained period of time

I thought that it was Darcey Ward who broke his ankle last night.

Has it happened to Watt aswell?

Ignore me. Too many ciders have fuddled my eyesight! :lol: :lol: