British Speedway Forum

I feel sorry for the Aussies that they never enjoy home advantage........... looking at the quality of their squad now and the potential of their youngsters it is easy to see how they could rule things for a sustained period of time

Good point Spook, when you look at it that way it makes the success of Aussie riders stand out even more.

But....ermm....If a rider gets injured in his first race, surely all his races should be able to be covered?

Why not have a 5 man team and then a 6th "wild" rider?

The 5 team members all have five programmed rides each and then the 6th rider can take up to five rides at any point in the meeting in place of his team-mates. Effectively you'd put your best rider at #6 and then they can take rides either tactically or to cover injuries.

I feel sorry for the Aussies that they never enjoy home advantage...........

Pfft...They had the World Pairs in '82 and couldn't even get in the top 3 :P

I feel sorry for the Aussies that they never enjoy home advantage........... looking at the quality of their squad now and the potential of their youngsters it is easy to see how they could rule things for a sustained period of time

And with Rob Lyon to help them find team places in the Pl the future is looking bright :lol:

Pfft...They had the World Pairs in '82 and couldn't even get in the top 3 :P

LOL and you havent forgotten for 27 years have you? :P:lol:

im trying to think who their riders would have been...... Phil Crump and Billy Sanders?

And with Rob Lyon to help them find team places in the Pl the future is looking bright :lol:

Uh-oh! Round two, I'm staying well out of this! :wink:

And with Jonathon Chapman to help them find team places in the Pl the future is looking bright :lol:

indeed that JC has done very well in profiting from those assessed averages :rolleyes:

Uh-oh! Round two, I'm staying well out of this! :wink:

lol I shouldnt worry Pearcey ..... once was enough

LOL and you havent forgotten for 27 years have you? :P:lol:

im trying to think who their riders would have been...... Phil Crump and Billy Sanders?

To be honest, I didn't really remember that well...I just had this vague memory of seeing a World Pairs from Australia where there was no fence around the outside.

Wikipedia told me it was 1982, but it only had top 3 and the Aussies weren't there. USA - England - Denmark in that order, in case you were interested :D

Your guess of who would be riding seems pretty good to me, though!

lol I shouldnt worry Pearcey being proved wrong once was enough

:wink:

To be honest, I didn't really remember that well...I just had this vague memory of seeing a World Pairs from Australia where there was no fence around the outside.

Wikipedia told me it was 1982, but it only had top 3 and the Aussies weren't there. USA - England - Denmark in that order, in case you were interested :D

Your guess of who would be riding seems pretty good to me, though!

golden days :D .... and slightly disappointing looking back that we didnt make the sheer class we had back then count for more with titles

hmmmm 1982 ..... surely King Kenny and Peter Collins wouldnt have ridden together?

hmmmm 1982 ..... surely King Kenny and Peter Collins wouldnt have ridden together?

2 things to say.....

1. There is only ONE King Kenny, and that is McKinna.

2. Did Carter and Collins not fall out out in about 84 or something like that?

Edit - Suspect we are drifting a bit off topic here :D

Edited by HenryW

I can't stand Nicki.

The Russian lifted and took him out and had to go.

Edited by SCB

Yes i think so :rolleyes:

Just want to add my congrats to the Russian team.Great performance......and well Emil has taken a bit of stick in various forums...but just want to say what a great guy he is off track.Was easily the most popular in the pits after the meeting....everyone and i mean almost everyone wanted to have their foto taken with him and he happily obliged.I am now the proud owner of a foto with the future World Champ :approve:

I can't stand Nicki.

I did laugh when he was taken out.

The Russian lifted and took him out and had to go.

I don't regret laughing.

Are you drunk SCB?

That seems slightly out of character from you!