British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

And we got stuffed yongsters or no youngsters the idea is to try and win ....The only numpty is someone who won't put his best team out

It shows the mind set of UK speedawy fans when people are happy that we got beat by 20 pts at home and are happy that a rider scored 9 from 6 rides .

Conveniently forget to mention the ef , and the fact he rode his nuts off.What did Rico do last year ? Naff all . King was given his chance , and took it , and did himself credit. If you cant see that , you might as well give up watching speedway

Awesome meeting, some really fantastic racing tonight. I thought GB did well they fought hard throughout the meeting, the aussies and poles were always going to finish in the top 2 .

Our best rider I thought was Danny King, terrific ride against Gollob so unlucky to miss out on the line but messed up slightly on the last bend. Good Tactical win by Bomber who I thought did very good, Bridger did well early on but not so later on. It looked like Kennet and Woffinden lacked speed, Kennett seemed to ride too wide in his early rides which cost him dearly.

A I say some brilliant racing, I suppose Heat 20 has to be the best I hope someone puts it on Youtube. The battle between Crump/Zager and Miedzinski(for a time) was sensational. Too many other good heats but how the bloody hell did Protasiewicz stay on his bike when he rode the back staight fence, amazing stuff.

So its to the race off for GB, I think we will be outclassed there but I just hope the boys show the same fighting spirit as they showed tonight. Against 3 tough opponents thats all we can ask of them.

well done Danny, i said you you would be the best and others didnt even think you should have been in the team, shame on them, hope you are in for Lezno.

Great racing tonight in the WTC, superb racing from Danny King. :)

Thought it was the SWC :rolleyes:

And we got stuffed yongsters or no youngsters the idea is to try and win ....The only numpty is someone who won't put his best team out

It shows the mind set of UK speedawy fans when people are happy that we got beat by 20 pts at home and are happy that a rider scored 9 from 6 rides .

Completely agree.

GB won't get double figures come Thursday.

We are not going to win the SWC in the near future if it's trophies you want for the time being support another National Team either that or put up and shut up and get behind the Team :angry:

Grow up no one is happy with losing all the time but if you don't give the youngsters a go they'll come through the ranks and always settle for what they have got now. They've had the taster they know they have to step up a gear now :approve:

I would just like to come on here and say that I've just eaten the biggest slice of humble pie and enjoyed every minute of it!!

I was one of those who thought Danny King should not have been riding tonight. Danny, I apologise and thanks for the pie!

I was expecting Bomber to be our most consistant rider, with Tai and Eddie being the next best two. I thought Danny and Lewis would be the strugglers, I couldn't have been more wrong. Hats off to the lads, they were always going to be looking to secure 3rd but they got in there and mixed it.

Big decisions to be made for the race off now. I automatically assumed Danny would be making way for Rico but I reckon the lad has won himself a place in the team for thursday; Eddie may be a bit worried though.

What a fantastic meeting it was tonight, some brilliant, brave, hard core racing on a proper racing track. Lets hope for the same in Poland, it would be criminal to serve up a crappy slick track after tonights spectacle, we can only hope.

Well done and credit to Rob Lyon, I doubted his selection thinking that our youngsters were going to be well beaten. I hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

Completely agree.

GB won't get double figures come Thursday.

Oh shall we stay at home then rather than go and give it the best shot ...... can see it now people will be calling for Rob Lyons resignation by Saturday :rolleyes:

What 9 from six rides wow .....Rico would have scored 13 or 14 ....King only can do one thing thats go round the outside full throttle a one trick pony with little talent

Great meeting but hard to bear getting crushed by 20+ points at home but being the only team not putting our best side out it was to be expected complete madness from lyon .

So , why are you still slagging off who was by most peoples accounts our best rider tonight ? i cannot for the life of me see your argument

We are not going to win the SWC in the near future if it's trophies you want for the time being support another National Team either that or put up and shut up and get behind the Team :angry:

Grow up no one is happy with losing all the time but if you don't give the youngsters a go they'll come through the ranks and always settle for what they have got now. They've had the taster they know they have to step up a gear now :approve:

Well said that bird :approve:

What people think we would have achieved with Scotty and Lee in tonight i really dont know. We may have had a couple more points, but would still have finished 3rd

Excellent meeting and have always said that the showground provides brilliant racing if prepared well so hats off to Buster tonight. Great to see Danny ride so well. Lewis and Chris also put in plenty of effort. Very rarely have I see Ed ride Peterborough very well and so I expect him to be replaced by Lee on Thursday. Some great racing tonight particularly Crump v Zagar. I have to say I was disappointed with Gollob in the last race as I was looking forward to him and Crump in the final heat. Well done to all at Peterborough for putting on such a great meeting.

I've been watching Speedway since 1964 and I have a job recalling a better race I have seen, to better Ht20

Great to see Jason and Matej congratulating each other in the Pits after the race. True sportsmanship.

Edited by Exiled Cuda

Must say i sat glued to the tv all night, wot a fantastic advert for the sport. Give the riders a decent track 2 race on & look what happens, ya get thrill a minute racing from the top guys who never gave an inch all nite.

Makes me totally sick to the stomach when i think of what the imbecile Olsen is doing to our sport cos i'm sorry but the GP's this season have been an utter disgrace when we should be watching 11 GP meetings this year like the one we saw 2nite if the riders are given the opportunity to race.

Should be the same on thurs but hmmm lets think about this. Denmark are in the meeting so no doubt it'll be like the M25 as usual & a great spectacle will be ruined as all the GP's have been for the last few seasons.

Somebody high up has to have the balls to say sorry Ole, this was entertainment 2nite & we dont u within 20 miles of a GP track ever again but will it happen...absolutely not a chance in hell.

Thought GB boys battled hard & Danny King was a revelation. Personally i'd bring Rico & Scotty in on thurs alongside Bomber, King & then 1 of Bridger and Tai. Think Tai looked a bit out of his depth 2nite but think he goes better in Poland than Bridger so would favour him.