British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bellers101

Ole Olsen Track Prep

Surely the most effective thing the fans can do is not go to GP or SWC events?

But because fans have passion for their sport and/or their national team, can't see it happening, so BSI and Ole will continue to take the p**s, as long as our money comes with it!

Surely the most effective thing the fans can do is not go to GP or SWC events?

But because fans have passion for their sport and/or their national team, can't see it happening, so BSI and Ole will continue to take the p**s, as long as our money comes with it!

How will that happen? Fans are simply not organised at present. High time we were!

Definitely time for a fan rebellion. What's the best way to set up a poll or a petition?

Think the Polish fans have already started judging by the No there on thursday!!!

Its obvious that Olsen or BSI do not really give a toss as to what the fans want. However why can't the riders get together and state if track prep doesn't change then they wont race.

Ironically I think this could be one of the issues ....... it seems to me that some of them are only too happy for the tracks to be like this because their gating abilities, machinery and general skill ensures them their top 8 GP position even with follow my leader racing......... and slick tracks with no dirt end up with less incident to gain injury from...........tbh its just the same as the race director's agenda with the track prep...... it ends up changing the very nature of the sport..... speedway is dangerous and does involve spills and injury

this for me is why Emil is so important as he indicates a changing of the guard that has been so secure and stagnant for so long and is what is fast becoming an old school style rider where he seems to be happy to give it a go on any surface...........

Hate to say it. But he got it right in poland for the restaging, although the rain at the end was beyond anyone's control

Hate to say it. But he got it right in poland for the restaging, although the rain at the end was beyond anyone's control

Well i was there today and i never saw Olsen directing the track grading as far as i am concerned it seemed to be the local track guys organising everything as it should be at all the events i know its a little different with the temporary tracks we all saw how well it went at Peterborough on monday night and if this is how it can be without him poking his nose i suggest its time someone has the BALLS to give him the sack him

Think the Polish fans have already started judging by the No there on thursday!!!

Think you'll find that was simply because Poland were straight through to the final.

What about a hot summers day with the sun beating down on the track from the early hours of the morning with a gentle breeze blowing across the track

Simple, you water the track constantly

your comment lacks respect to all the track curators up and down the country

Not all, some are very good, some are very poor

do you actually know what you are talking about?

Whilst I am not a track curator I have spoken to some so I do have some idea what is involved

When it comes to track preperation, I don't, that's why I reserve judgement when a track is dusty (despite hating it as much as you)..........I agree that dust isn't great but to say "there is no excuse for dust at any meeting" and "dust is simply due to poor preperation" is out of order.

I disagree.

its difficult to know what to say about the track on Sunday tbh........ thankfully Ole does have more than a bit of experience in such matters and the decision he made to not touch the track overnight seemingly paid off............... I also think that despite the Aussies best efforts to turn their highly motivated and confident attitudes into negative ones that the track was absolutely fine after the restart

the interesting thing for me is that out of 4 SWC final matches the two where imo the track has been prepared well have involved a huge dose of natural water along the way ..... which takes us full circle back to the subject of watering before and during the other meetings

its difficult to know what to say about the track on Sunday tbh........ thankfully Ole does have more than a bit of experience in such matters and the decision he made to not touch the track overnight seemingly paid off............... I also think that despite the Aussies best efforts to turn their highly motivated and confident attitudes into negative ones that the track was absolutely fine after the restart

the interesting thing for me is that out of 4 SWC final matches the two where imo the track has been prepared well have involved a huge dose of natural water along the way ..... which takes us full circle back to the subject of watering before and during the other meetings

But it did rain at Vojens during the meeting......so maybe the watering before and during the meeting was affected by the knowledge that rain was on its way? :unsure: I thought all 4 meetings were great entertainment(although i didn't see an awful lot of the Final......