British Speedway Forum

This Sky speedway pits woman is terrible..... can't talk properly, has zero knowledge od Speedway, forgets which track she's at and/or who's racing.

She asks THE most stupid, pointless and silly questions, a real joke!

An absolute amateur.

Anyone have the opposite point of view?

I like her, she's brings glamour and enthusiasm to the pits and her improvement is noticeble. I'd certainly prefer Webster than some fat bint in Hi-Tech trainers and a loyalty card at Primark.

I don’t think she is bad at all.

Although it do look like had just been crying after we lost!!

So tell me – how many female sports presenters are there out there with a substantial knowledge of speedway.

There are very few I suspect. Give her a break

To be fair, i thought she was great tonight. I'd rather have her presenting than Pearson or Heuwen any time. She's enthusiastic and gets on with all the riders in a kind of sweet, innocent cheeky way.

She was really good tonight and is learning more and more aboout Speedway, I note she also presents / interviews on the red bull air race, I wonder how much she knows about flying a plane :rolleyes:

So tell me – how many female sports presenters are there out there with a substantial knowledge of speedway.

Any knowledge would be a starting point.I can think of 2 presenters worth a watch, Our Sophie being one. Fair enough if SKY want a pretty face for us to look at but P L E A S E make sure they can at least speak?

I like her, she's brings glamour and enthusiasm to the pits and her improvement is noticeble. I'd certainly prefer Webster than some fat bint in Hi-Tech trainers and a loyalty card at Primark.

Ok so we males turn the volume down watch the speedway and admire her...potential :rolleyes: wonder if Sophie watches Scotty's eyes while he is being interviewed by said young lady :wink:

Guest Ashie Smashy
This Sky speedway pits woman is terrible..... can't talk properly, has zero knowledge od Speedway, forgets which track she's at and/or who's racing.

She asks THE most stupid, pointless and silly questions, a real joke!

An absolute amateur.

Anyone have the opposite point of view?

She is the best we have had for some time, and most importantly she has been learning every week. How people can praise Pearson, but be critical of her is beyond me. Charlie and Chris Louis work really well.

I just don't understand a lot of the people who post here....moan,moan,moan.....I thought she has done a good job.Tonight and previous meetings.If she reads the forum.....keep up the good work

Guest Ashie Smashy
Any knowledge would be a starting point.I can think of 2 presenters worth a watch, Our Sophie being one. Fair enough if SKY want a pretty face for us to look at but P L E A S E make sure they can at least speak?

So by that token, you agree with me that Nigel Pearson needs to go too? he does not spwak, he shouts most of the time.

I am pretty sure I heard her speak.... you are being pathetic

I can think of a number but she isnt one just yet! She clearly came into her role as someone who knew little about the sport but is obviously doing her homework and she is improving. She will get better and personally i have nothing against her, infact i have seen and heard much worse. People like her who are new in their roles need time so yes get off her back, but she still needs a lot of time in the job!

To be fair, i thought she was great tonight. I'd rather have her presenting than Pearson or Heuwen any time. She's enthusiastic and gets on with all the riders in a kind of sweet, innocent cheeky way.

Mmm i wouldnt say all the riders in fact most of the senior guys like Leigh Adams and Crumpy look really uncomfortable when being interviewed by her as they know that some of the questions she asks arent particularly good. But again she is improving, she just needs time!

Edited by torpointfanatic22

Stop criticsing Charlie. She is obviously enthusiastic and is starting to love her speedway (hence the tears at the end). I think for someone who has only been involved in the sport for a few months and then to be hosting a large event like the World Cup is great. At least she shows some passion. With regard to her questions, I am quite sure that she has standard questions that she has to ask the riders, that are not made up by her, but by Sky. Imagine going into a sport with no knowledge and having to pick it up this quick. Hats off to her!! And give her a break for goodness sake.

Well, at least she doesn't think Schlein rides for Sweden, or was it just me that heard that? :blink: