British Speedway Forum

Get off Tai's back for gord's sake, he's helping out his mates thas all??

Maybe, but that aint no union jack tattood on his back.

His tatoo is a sign of recognition for what Australia have done for him (as far as his progression in this sport is concerned), and recognition for a country that was a huge part of his life.

It means little when he puts his team GB kevlars on.

He is riding for team GB.

He is scoring points for team GB.

Of course he still loves Australia, he's lived there for half his life.

But he's chosen to ride for team GB, that's all that matters.

He worked his a*se off for team GB the other night, why should he be dis-included because he's helping out the Australian team?

He's lived in Australia for a large part of his life, team GB aren't in the final maybe he feels he wants to give something back to the country he grew up in.

Maybe he wants to give something back to the Australian system he has progressed through.

If you notice every mechanic, assitant and outside riders are wearing team shirts, Tai is no exception.

Maybe he shouldn't have worn the shirt, to me it makes little difference as he gave his all for team GB.

Seems a 'mountain has been made out of a mole hill' to me.

Well said!!!!! Scotty was there who was he supporting? didn't see him at Peterborough

Get off Tai's back for gord's sake, he's helping out his mates thas all??

Couldn't have put it better myself!!!!! he;s a great lad with good team spirit you don't see Australia giving Jason a hard

time for his support towards the GB team in his interviews so let the lad go!!!!

So right Filly, bloody british people, just get off their backs at any opportunity!!!! Be positive!!

Yes, didnt want him in Team GB beforehand and this is just a slap in the face.

Well that pretty much explains the reasons behind it - you obviously don't like the fact that a British born, aussie raised lad wants to ride for the country of his birth. He does - and did so pretty well over the last week - but this is still not good enough for you! Thankfully most of us aren't that petty and biased!

Tai has always said he's proud to be the product of BOTH countries....he's honest about that and thankfully made his choice to be British. A true British supporter would be pleased about that! :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid anyone should say anything negative about Tai but its ok for every thread to turn into a slag of scott nicholls thread, unbeleivable - People have short memories Scott has been Gbs best rider for the last five years and say what you want if he had been in the race off on thursday we would have been watching team Gb in the final today.

Heaven forbid anyone should say anything negative about Tai but its ok for every thread to turn into a slag of scott nicholls thread, unbeleivable - People have short memories Scott has been Gbs best rider for the last five years and say what you want if he had been in the race off on thursday we would have been watching team Gb in the final today.

Spot on Rami, i shake your hand. :approve:

Pleased to say that I haven't slagged him off ................. what's the point, he'll get back to his best soon enough, Suffolker or not ;)

Better than seeing Woffinden in a Team Australia shirt !

Gaining lots of experience of the atmosphere of a SWC final :approve:

Dearie me...don't some people get wound up by silly things. As others have said, he's grown up with these guys and was probably just helping out his mates. I just knew as soon as I saw him that some people were going to get all indignant.

As long as he gives 100% (or is it 110%) when he's riding for our national team, he can be in the Aussie pits wearing a bleedin' kangaroo suit and singing Waltzing Matilda for all I care!

Edited by rabbit

This really annoys me. I have kids who I'm proud to say have two nationalities. The only negative side I can see is they might have to put up with this same kind of crap from a few small minded British people if they dare to have any pride in any other country than dear old bloody blighty.

Tai has two countries. He chose to represent this one as a rider. Not good enough for some people though. They want him to totally disown everything else.

He's showing no qualms about his heritage and good for him. I hope my kids would do the same.

Never read such brainless rubbish in my life.

Tai's background rightly gives him the option to decide whether he rides for GB or for Australia, (and may or may not have involved pecunary consideration.) Once decided, however, when he reaches a position of international representation, which he now has, and in a scenario where "team spirit" is rightly considered significant and important, - as we've heard spoken so much of, and seen for ourselves (via TV in the pits,) much of in the last 6 days - , then there has to be no duplicity as to whom his commitment and loyalty is given, - for the sake of the other team-mates with whom he rides. (What will we think, - and his GB team-mates be thinking - , as and when GB meet Australia next time ?)

I'm sure Rob Lyons will be having a quite word with him in the wake of this theme on this forum and elsewhere, as well as, unofficially maybe, members of the BSPA/SCB. (But then again, - What equivalent body governs Australia, e.g. decides or not to participate in FIM events, appoints Team Mgt, decides colours, (blue/red or green/yellow,) commits to the FIM, etc. etc. ?)

If anybody could have been bothered to read the RULES before jumping on their soap box. They would have known ANYONE working in the pits with a team MUST wear team shirts.