British Speedway Forum

Take a step back !

There is a Norweigan in the Polish Squad

The Aussies have their top rider born in England (against England)

The Russians have a Polish mechanic running them (against Poland)

The Russians have a British Engine Tuner with them

The Russians have Tony Rickardsson backing them (against Sweden)

The Russians had a Latvian in their squad

But Wait !!!

One English lad (raised in Australia) wears a T Shirt to help out friends as his team are no longer in the competition ..... Shameless :unsure:

Take a step back !

There is a Norweigan in the Polish Squad

The Aussies have their top rider born in England (against England)

The Russians have a Polish mechanic running them (against Poland)

The Russians have a British Engine Tuner with them

But Wait !!!

One English lad (raised in Australia) wears a T Shirt to help out friends as his team are no longer in the competition ..... Shameless :unsure:

But thats because we are British TNT and newspapers have been teacing us for years we must pull down anythig british that could be positive. And its worked.

If anybody could have been bothered to read the RULES before jumping on their soap box. They would have known ANYONE working in the pits with a team MUST wear team shirts.

I did wonder if this was the case - and did hint at such earlier in the thread but that's not good enough for those who still resent the fact that Tai wasn't 100% sure who to ride for when he first came over to the UK. A bit like Grachan said it's the fact that he 'mght' prefer another country to Britian that winds some people up....how dare anyone not be overjoyed at the mere suggestion of being British!

I'm not a Scott Nicholls fan and this too is an offense likened to treason in some people's eyes. But hey lets slag off a kid at the beginning of his career so he regrets his choice - which he was perfectly entitled to make, some of us don't get to choose here we were born mores the pity at times! - to ride as a Brit. Way to support your country folks.....Tai wears a shirt to WORK as a mechanic and he's a traitor but it's perfectly okay to slag him off for the 'crime' of being brought up in another country.....twisted logic on the BSF as ever! :rolleyes:

Edited by lupus

This really annoys me. I have kids who I'm proud to say have two nationalities. The only negative side I can see is they might have to put up with this same kind of crap from a few small minded British people if they dare to have any pride in any other country than dear old bloody blighty.

Tai has two countries. He chose to represent this one as a rider. Not good enough for some people though. They want him to totally disown everything else.

He's showing no qualms about his heritage and good for him. I hope my kids would do the same.

Never read such brainless rubbish in my life.

I haven't since I stopped reading "news" papers

Edited by newbieoldboy

But thats because we are British TNT and newspapers have been teacing us for years we must pull down anythig british that could be positive. And its worked.

I'm not British ... I'M ENGLISH

Wont wear a Union Jack, wont support Team GB .... Make it England again and fine but sadly this Country is losing its pride and vanishing into a European hell hole of political correctness

I'm not British ... I'M ENGLISH

Wont wear a Union Jack, wont support Team GB .... Make it England again and fine but sadly this Country is losing its pride and vanishing into a European hell hole of political correctness

Glad to see the press have worked on you as well.

Dude

Grigorij Laguta is Russian - he was actually trying to become Latvian!!!!

Your British get over it - if your from England, Scotland or Wales you are British - you can't change that.

Another example of riders changing countries -

Matej Ferjan - Hungary

Marvyn Cox - Germany

I can understand it - you have to do what best for your career.

So the mechanics are wrong too for working for a certain nation -

I worked for Team USA against Team GB - does that make me a traitor too???? Tai was in our pits that night helping out.

I know Leigh Adams has a Polish mechanic - so does Grumpy

This whole thread is ridiculous - so what if he was in their camp wearing a team shirt - he couldve got a lot out of it from the experience.

nope Trick is still a bit involved with Antonio but is no longer backing Emil S.

Dude

Grigorij Laguta is Russian - he was actually trying to become Latvian!!!!

Your British get over it - if your from England, Scotland or Wales you are British - you can't change that.

Another example of riders changing countries -

Matej Ferjan - Hungary

Marvyn Cox - Germany

I can understand it - you have to do what best for your career.

So the mechanics are wrong too for working for a certain nation -

I worked for Team USA against Team GB - does that make me a traitor too???? Tai was in our pits that night helping out.

I know Leigh Adams has a Polish mechanic - so does Grumpy

This whole thread is ridiculous - so what if he was in their camp wearing a team shirt - he couldve got a lot out of it from the experience.

Snapper I dared to work for an American, A Czech, A Czech touring team and a couple of Germans. Have no idea what naionality I'm supposed to be now lol.

If anybody could have been bothered to read the RULES before jumping on their soap box. They would have known ANYONE working in the pits with a team MUST wear team shirts.

If that's the case we would of been totally buggered for breaking the rules as Graham Jones was in the pits with the boys both Monday and Thursday and neither night had a "Team Shirt" on :wink:

Snapper I dared to work for an American, A Czech, A Czech touring team and a couple of Germans. Have no idea what naionality I'm supposed to be now lol.

Ah... The classic breed known as the..... Bitza.

Ya know, Bitza this and Bitza that... :lol:

No they don't. Laguta is Russian but was going to be Latvian but decided against it. Sayfutdinov has a Polish passport though.

Tai may have not mad the best decision to help the Aussies, on the other hand, working in the pits of a SWC final may be a great move and give him some good experience.

No they don't. Laguta is Russian but was going to be Latvian but decided against it. Sayfutdinov has a Polish passport though.

Tai may have not mad the best decision to help the Aussies, on the other hand, working in the pits of a SWC final may be a great move and give him some good experience.

Agreed, probably helped him with the experience side of things.

Cant knock the kid for getting involved in a World Final, even as a mechanic.

If that's the case we would of been totally buggered for breaking the rules as Graham Jones was in the pits with the boys both Monday and Thursday and neither night had a "Team Shirt" on :wink:

With respect to my mate Jonah....and he and I have been mates for years....they probably didn't make one big enough to fit! :shock::wink::lol:

Edited by lupus

Tai has shown his true colours.

Next years TeamGB should not include him in it

Judas :mad::mad::mad:

Totally agree.

He is only riding for GB to further his own interests as he wouldn't get in the Australian side.

Disgraceful.