British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bee

Tme To Stop Bitchin....

I'm sure I'm not the only person living overseas now and who's enjoyment of speedway is restricted to that information and boards like this I can find, and now Internet TV....It was hard work listen to speedway on the Internet to listen to the Bees and Swindon is 2007.

The fact that I have only this year been able to get enough broadband to take in speedway streams this year to watch the Elite League, Grand Prix and World Cut from Sky sports and their crew, of Nigel Pearson, Kelvin Tatum, Chris Louis and Keith Millard and bimbo Charlie Webster. From Justin tv showing Polish league and Swedish league meetings

From here in the Philipinnes where we pray to the gods that we won't get hit with a typhoon and FACE BLACKOUTS Especially when there is speedway is on.

Saturday swc was washed out, and they were delays.

The meeting was re-stsged on the Sunday morning. OLE OLSEN was there as FIM Track CURATOR. He announced that he and track staff took the decision to leave the surface alone and see how it sits at 11pm. He was right on this occasion to let it naturally dry.

Where as the was wet stuff on top this soon cleared in the first five heats and the racing got better with outsidelnes coiming and even some dust risng!

We got some terriffic races up until the stoppage at heat 19.

Clearly the Aussies were playing for time and wanted it off. No problem with that. The others wanted it on. AFter further delays and grading they finally it going, and the Poles won by a point. The Aussuies were unlucky but that is the way speedway is. The meeting was completed against the odds in fromt of a large crowd.

Everyone should have bee happy.....I was.

WE SAW A GOOD MEETING.

TO READ COMPLAINTS ON THESE BOARDS IS SOMEWHAT CHILDISH IMHO.

Guys moaning about SKY PORTS + CUTTING OUT AND RUINNING THE RECORDING OF THE LAST FEW HEATS.

WE CAN NOT CONTROL THE WEATHER OR THE TME IT TAKES TO CLEAR WATER DAMAGE TO THE TRACK. The Race Drector and the local track staff did an brilliant job. It would have been so much easier to just call it of period.

i'm not an OLSEN FAN AND HATE THE SLICK TRACKS he produces on far too many occasons. But it all went right here.

I hate also reading thread after thread the SKY need to out Tony Milliard and Nigel Pearson, along with Tatum and Louis. I DO WISH AS WELL that CHARLIE WEBSTER WAS A LITTLE ORE UP ON THE SPORT and did try to stop barging in to get riders interviews when they clearly are having bike problems or team talk...We don't need every hear winner interviewed imho. - WE NEED TO GET OFF THEIR BACKS.....TO HAVE THIS COVERAGE IS GREAT AND LET THEM RAMBLE ON A BIT IF NEED BE ABOUT MOLE!

You'd all MISS IT if they pulled out!!

I wish too they get off Lyons lack, leave Scott Nicholls alone, forget any difference he and Harris may have had....its over and passed history now. Youngsters were blooded and they will benefit long run.

I wish some fans would grow up and stop the silly allegations going on about Poole and Joe Screen, and varuios promoters lowering themselves to this standard of protest about rules manipulation....

Just get on with it and enjo t, as I do my speedway again ftom 8000 miles away at god forbiding times in the early morning....

Thanks

Edited by Bee

What a perfectly composed and eloquent post :rolleyes:

What is Bitchin....?

Somewhere in Yorkshire?

Good call Sir Jasper, I was thinking that too :lol:

I'm sure I'm not the only person living overseas now and who's enjoyment of speedway is restricted to that information and boards like this I can find, and now Internet TV....It was hard work listen to speedway on the Internet to listen to the Bees and Swindon is 2007.

The fact that I have only this year been able to get enough broadband to take in speedway streams this year to watch the Elite League, Grand Prix and World Cut from Sky sports and their crew, of Nigel Pearson, Kelvin Tatum, Chris Louis and Keith Millard and bimbo Charlie Webster. From Justin tv showing Polish league and Swedish league meetings

From here in the Philipinnes where we pray to the gods that we won't get hit with a typhoon and FACE BLACKOUTS Especially when there is speedway is on.

Saturday swc was washed out, and they were delays.

The meeting was re-stsged on the Sunday morning. OLE OLSEN was there as FIM Track CURATOR. He announced that he and track staff took the decision to leave the surface alone and see how it sits at 11pm. He was right on this occasion to let it naturally dry.

Where as the was wet stuff on top this soon cleared in the first five heats and the racing got better with outsidelnes coiming and even some dust risng!

We got some terriffic races up until the stoppage at heat 19.

Clearly the Aussies were playing for time and wanted it off. No problem with that. The others wanted it on. AFter further delays and grading they finally it going, and the Poles won by a point. The Aussuies were unlucky but that is the way speedway is. The meeting was completed against the odds in fromt of a large crowd.

Everyone should have bee happy.....I was.

WE SAW A GOOD MEETING.

TO READ COMPLAINTS ON THESE BOARDS IS SOMEWHAT CHILDISH IMHO.

Guys moaning about SKY PORTS + CUTTING OUT AND RUINNING THE RECORDING OF THE LAST FEW HEATS.

WE CAN NOT CONTROL THE WEATHER OR THE TME IT TAKES TO CLEAR WATER DAMAGE TO THE TRACK. The Race Drector and the local track staff did an brilliant job. It would have been so much easier to just call it of period.

i'm not an OLSEN FAN AND HATE THE SLICK TRACKS he produces on far too many occasons. But it all went right here.

I hate also reading thread after thread the SKY need to out Tony Milliard and Nigel Pearson, along with Tatum and Louis. I DO WISH AS WELL that CHARLIE WEBSTER WAS A LITTLE ORE UP ON THE SPORT and did try to stop barging in to get riders interviews when they clearly are having bike problems or team talk...We don't need every hear winner interviewed imho. - WE NEED TO GET OFF THEIR BACKS.....TO HAVE THIS COVERAGE IS GREAT AND LET THEM RAMBLE ON A BIT IF NEED BE ABOUT MOLE!

You'd all MISS IT if they pulled out!!

I wish too they get off Lyons lack, leave Scott Nicholls alone, forget any difference he and Harris may have had....its over and passed history now. Youngsters were blooded and they will benefit long run.

I wish some fans would grow up and stop the silly allegations going on about Poole and Joe Screen, and varuios promoters lowering themselves to this standard of protest about rules manipulation....

Just get on with it and enjo t, as I do my speedway again ftom 8000 miles away at god forbiding times in the early morning....

Thanks

And what I love about this forum is that we have the right to say (within reason, and the forum rules) what ever the hell we like and voice our opinions. And if I want to moan about Moley, or the track, or Sky, or Nicholls or anything else speedway related - and sometimes non-speedway related - then I will do so. You continue enjoying your speedway from the Phillipines. And if you don't like what some of us say - block us. You'll soon find you're talking to your self all the time.

Sounds like the best place for you.

Made me chuckle :lol:

What a perfectly composed and eloquent post :rolleyes:

Seconded

Everyone of the four World Cup rounds was truly compelling, drama filled and full of exciting races. The best week of speedway since 1973 (remember the Daily Mirror International Tournament). Yet still the majority of active threads are largely moans about trivial things. Bee's original posting is making a general point yet some of the responses are remarkably rude particularly Midland Robin

Seconded

Everyone of the four World Cup rounds was truly compelling, drama filled and full of exciting races. The best week of speedway since 1973 (remember the Daily Mirror International Tournament). Yet still the majority of active threads are largely moans about trivial things. Bee's original posting is making a general point yet some of the responses are remarkably rude particularly Midland Robin

Good post arnie.Unfortunately i think it won't make a lot of difference.A fair few will still be sat in front of the tv,logged into this forum just waiting for one of the commentators to make a mistake so they can post within milli-seconds "Did you hear what xxxxxxx just said?...blah,blah,blah....." I imagine some even record meetings and go back through the recording concentrating on the commentating team rather than the racing

What is Bitchin....?

Somewhere in Yorkshire?

Bitchin? ..... It's a town around five miles north west of Stevenage, Herts

Edited by Shadders

What is Bitchin....?

Somewhere in Yorkshire?

Bitchin is a term used on the west coast of the US to describe something good. Like, the waves were bitchin today, or "sandmans boat was pretty bitchin about ten years ago". Emil has a bitchin style.. sandmans dogs are bitchin. ice racing is bitchin. kauai is bitchen. some polynesian women are really bitchin lookin. the dalmation coast is obviously bitchin. croation women are bitchin. the salty dog saloon in port a is bitchin. catamarans are primo bitchen. middlo is kind of bitchin. laydown bikes on deep tracks are bitchin. well, there it is in a nutshell.

Good post arnie.Unfortunately i think it won't make a lot of difference.A fair few will still be sat in front of the tv,logged into this forum just waiting for one of the commentators to make a mistake so they can post within milli-seconds "Did you hear what xxxxxxx just said?...blah,blah,blah....." I imagine some even record meetings and go back through the recording concentrating on the commentating team rather than the racing

Thanks Iris and sorry guys typo error....it should have read MORE not ORE - LOL....

I just think that Speedway on TV is a good thing and a must. I'm thankful of it anyway.

Of course everyone has the right to express an opinion so those that want to have a dig at me, that is fine...:)

ok

OFF TO WATCH THE SPEEDWAY

I agree, we are actually very lucky to have the speedway coverage we have. Its always the same though in most things in life, we always find fault and think we could do a better job! I had the pleasure of meeting a number of Aussies in the last few weeks, who are absolutely bowled over by the speedway over here, Most of them would give their right arm for what we have, Personally, sometimes I think we have become too complacent about our sport and our expectations of it. The Aussies take what they can get and they are so grateful for it, it is actually a pleasure to see people so bowled over by what they are seeing. It must make their blood boil hearing us 'whinging poms' moaning about our own GB riders, our TV coverage etc etc. It must seem really strange to them and all the other nationalities who take part who are hugely patriotic, to see some of us Brits wearing Danish, Polish, Swedish gear, when our own GB riders are riding in the same event. Each to their own of course, but a lot of the time in Poland Tomasz Gollob gets booed when he is riding for the opposing team in league racing, however, when he is riding for Poland or representing Poland in the Grand Prix, different kettle of fish altogether. Look at Leigh Adams yesterday, Mr Leszno for the last 15 years, hugely popular there, yet who were the Poles cheering for, Gollob of course cos hes Polish, whether they like him or not, its the nationality that counts. Just for the record, I am not saying all of this to cause trouble, just my perception of what I have been told by people from other nationalities.