British Speedway Forum
Neil H

Round 4 - Buxton - 25th July

Good afternoon's racing with just one bad crash for Daniel Sibson. The young Cumbrian was taken off to hospital for precautionary x-rays on his neck , back and leg. Had txt off him that he is ok. No breaks and he has been told to rest for 2 weeks --he wishes to pass on his thanks for everyone's concern.

Ashley Morris won all four rides in the 500's to take his 2nd win in the competition so far with Kyle Howarth 2nd on 10 and aftera three 'man' run-off Daryl Ritchings took 3rd spot with Tom Stokes 4th whilst series leader Josh Dingle had to pull up with engine problems --all three having finished on 7.

In the 250's Reece Downes made up for his disappointment at his exclusion at Cardiff with a win with 11 points and featured in the race of the day when he pipped Nathan Stoneman on the line in their heat. Nathan and Brandon Freemantle had a run-off for 2nd with Brandon taking the honours after both had finished on 9 .

Well done to all the lads today.

Next round at Isle of Wight on Thursday August 13th.

Edited by Main Man

I'd have travelled miles to see this meeting.......and did!!

After witnessing a superb meeting between Scunthorpe and King's Lynn on Friday night, I motored across to the Peak District this morning, not really knowing what to expect from such young riders. I need not have worried, as they rode with a maturity way beyond there years, and were a joy to watch.

Once again, Buxton put on a slick presentation, completing the meeting in a sensible time, something that not many tracks manage to do these days. The riders were a credit to all concerned, and were out for their races without any need of a two minute warning, apart from a couple of times.

What really impressed me, and something I think referees should make the professional riders in the National, Premier & Elite leagues adhere to, was the fact that if there was a starting offence, or a rider falling early in the race and suffering a disqualification, the remaining three riders returned straight to the tapes immdeiately instead of the pits, thus wasting more time.

Although it's probably not practical, I'd like to see every club in the country have to stage one of these type of meetings (Junior GP if you like), and it should be compulsory for ALL speedway fans to attend the said meetings, failure to do so would mean either life imprisonment or the death penalty, dependant on who you support :lol:

Thanks to everyone, for making my afternoon such an enjoyable one.

Just one question now if Main Man should read this. The programme today says the next round is at King's Lynn on the 22nd August, do you know what time it is scheduled to start, as the Barracudas are racing against Bournemouth that day.......unless that fixture has been altered?

Mike

Good afternoon's racing with just one bad crash for Daniel Sibson. The young Cumbrian was taken off to hospital for precautionary x-rays on his neck , back and leg. Had txt off him that he is ok. No breaks and he has been told to rest for 2 weeks --he wishes to pass on his thanks for everyone's concern.

Ashley Morris won all four rides in the 500's to take his 2nd win in the competition so far with Kyle Howarth 2nd on 10 and aftera three 'man' run-off Daryl Ritchings took 3rd spot with Tom Stokes 4th whilst series leader Josh Dingle had to pull up with engine problems --all three having finished on 7.

In the 250's Reece Downes made up for his disappointment at his exclusion at Cardiff with a win with 11 points and featured in the race of the day when he pipped Nathan Stoneman on the line in their heat. Nathan and Brendan Freemantle had a run-off for 2nd with Brendan taking the honours after both had finished on 9 .

Well done to all the lads today.

Next round at Isle of Wight on Thursday August 13th.

I turn up for a quiet afternoon watching young Mr Kirby and having a couple of beers and you get me dragged off to join the track staff :angry::D

Some very impressive riding from some very young lads indeed. :approve:

Good to see you as enthusiastic as ever mate, and see you on the Island in 3 weeks.

Great to see old friends Mike Moseley and Halifax Tiger there --even if I had press him into service as a flag marshall (thanks mate).

The lads were superb at being ready one race before they were due out (been well marshalled by someone !! :wink: ) and as Mimmo says 2 minutes was rarely used and actually when it was it was only after requesting extra time (Adam Portwood had 4 on trot and Cameron Hoskins chain problems). We lost a bit of time with Daniel Sibson's crash but finished 21 races in not a bad time.

Just realised tonight that I will miss the next round at the IOW as I am at Sheffield that night in a re-arranged fixture after our rain off at Owlerton recently. :mad:

Impressive demos on 125's from Max Clegg and Mike Neale too with the lads having four 'match races' (so 25 races in total run). Watching these two it is a pity we couldn't have more lads on 125's as a stepping stone to the 250's and 500's --perhaps it is something that should be looked at ??

Next rounds are IOW Aug 13th and Kings Lynn Aug 22nd.

Edited by Main Man

I turn up for a quiet afternoon watching young Mr Kirby and having a couple of beers and you get me dragged off to join the track staff :angry::D

At least you had the best view of Reece's pass on Nathan in Heat 8 from where you were standing or were you too close?

At least you had the best view of Reece's pass on Nathan in Heat 8 from where you were standing or were you too close?

About 6 feet away, I think :o

For anyone that would be a pretty good move. For a lad of just 10 years old, it was quite incredible :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Is that one 'doubling-up' with the Buccs' visit to KL then or has the latter changed..?? :unsure:

A question I've asked too, but as of yet got bo reply :unsure:

Excellent pictures as usual. The sequence of Josh Dingle's 'crash' is just like being there :) Can't help but think that in one of the last one's, he looks like a matador with a bull charging at him. Another close-up for Halifaxtiger on the 4th bend (you'll want that spot every week :))

I've just realised that no live updates were done on this meeting, so here are the results.

250cc

Daniel Sibson 0-3-1-FD = 4

Jack Cornes 2-1-3-2 = 8

Brandon Freemantle FD-3-3-3 = 9

Steven Archer 1-1-2-1 = 5

Nathan Stoneman 3-2-2-2 = 9

Reece Downes 3-3-2-3 = 11

Adam Portwood 2-R-R-NS = 2

Jack Jones 2-0-0-0 = 2

Tyler Govier FD-1-1-1 = 3

Heat Details

Downes, Cornes, Archer, Sibson 62.0