British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Final Sat 25th July Line-up

Strange crash and I am not sure what to make of it. Zabik always seems to end up in the rough end of things when he races Balinski. Unfortunately I have always seen Balinski being a very dangerous rider. Have watched a lot of meetings with this guy involved over the years and while always being a nice guy in Sweden he seems to loose it in Poland. His speciality is to turn left on the straights causing VERY dangerous situations at times.

This incident could have been avoided if Balinski had cut back instead of continue to try on the outside. He could see Zabik coming a mile away and even though there were room Balinski tried to lean on Zabik which in my view caused the crash.

BUT Zabik was ruthless as well he didn`t have to close that hole so fiercly.....

As I said strange one.......

But speedy recovery to both riders!

Strange crash and I am not sure what to make of it. Zabik always seems to end up in the rough end of things when he races Balinski. Unfortunately I have always seen Balinski being a very dangerous rider. Have watched a lot of meetings with this guy involved over the years and while always being a nice guy in Sweden he seems to loose it in Poland. His speciality is to turn left on the straights causing VERY dangerous situations at times.

This incident could have been avoided if Balinski had cut back instead of continue to try on the outside. He could see Zabik coming a mile away and even though there were room Balinski tried to lean on Zabik which in my view caused the crash.

BUT Zabik was ruthless as well he didn`t have to close that hole so fiercly.....

As I said strange one.......

But speedy recovery to both riders!

BTW: This youtube link has much better quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YM4QDCl0g0

Here is the other serious crash between Balinski and Zabik, that one also causing Zabik a head-injury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdmUcM6Pdz0

I've just remembered..doesn't Tomek come home to Bydgoszcz tomorrow with Gorzow ?

F**k that must be a hard meeting to watch

Normally I'd wish a long celebration for the winner but Gollob doesn't drink alcohol so would not work in this case.

Gollob may do the maximum but I hope the rest of Gorzow team will be more or less rubbish :)

Really enjoyed last nights meeting great stadium how long till a GP is there ? makes Bydgoszcz stadium look very dated only problem i see is it only holds 15,000 .

What I read in the last issue of "Tygodnik Zuzlowy" is that BSI's plan is to make 3 GPs in Poland next year - Bydgoszcz, Leszno and Torun. And FIM are about to accept it :rolleyes:

What I read in the last issue of "Tygodnik Zuzlowy" is that BSI's plan is to make 3 GPs in Poland next year - Bydgoszcz, Leszno and Torun. And FIM are about to accept it :rolleyes:

:lol:

And there still won't be a Polish World Champ at the end of the series B)

:lol:

And there still won't be a Polish World Champ at the end of the series B)

Whatever. I'm gonna have 3 great weekends of a speedway fest in my country. Other nations can only dream about it.

Edited by Mateusz

Whatever. I'm gonna have 3 great weekends of a speedway fest in my country. Other nations can only dream about it.

Absolutely.But i was just thinking of all those people on this forum that will be foaming at the mouth when that is announced.Come on down Trees,Humph et al :wink:

Absolutely.But i was just thinking of all those people on this forum that will be foaming at the mouth when that is announced.Come on down Trees,Humph et al :wink:

Fantastic idea IMO, in fact let all three tracks stage two each. We can then get rid of dross like Latvia, Italy and sadly the last few years Prague. And there still wouldn't be a Polish World Champ!

Really enjoyed last nights meeting great stadium how long till a GP is there ? makes Bydgoszcz stadium look very dated only problem i see is it only holds 15,000 .

In terms of stadia, bydgoszcz doesn't deserve a gp. The stadium needs a massive overhaul, the vile smelling portable toilets are a disgrace, all they've done is put plastic seats on allready dodgy benches around the first bend, and improved the ticket office and entry. But it's still the best track in the world as last night proved. The stadium at torun is certainly the best purpose built speedway stadium in europe, just a shame they didn't make it a bit bigger. Mama informed me that plans are afoot for major changes at bydgoszcz, they cant come soon enough.