British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bruno

Gary Peterson Memorial Trophy 03/08

You're one up on me, then, I've not seen him race. Certainly heard plenty, though! Wouldn't be surprised to see him post double figures if he gets the hang of the track quickly.

Really looking forward to this, always good to see the young guns having a go. Quality field, fitting tribute in a memorial meeting. Nice to see William Lawson returning to the old stamping ground and I like what I've seen of Richard, for that matter. Let's hope for a good turnout.

Edit: Good to read the touching memories of Jack Lee; thanks for taking the trouble to post.

Edited by Fourentee

Fond memories and lucky for me too of seeing Gary ride...riding for Bradford in the 70's flying around Odsal!! Very friendly character and would have gone far in the sport had his riding career not been ended so soon..too soon! Glad he is being remembered and Good Luck to whoever wins this meeting. RIP. Gary

Might come to this if the weather is okay to cheer on Sweetman, looks a good line up lets just hope the weather stays fine.

Gutted Ludvig isnt riding, he should IMO. :(

Edited by Brummie Kev

Might come to this if the weather is okay to cheer on Sweetman, looks a good line up lets just hope the weather stays fine.

Gutted Ludvig isnt riding, he should IMO. :(

I was looking forward to seeing Ludde back at Monmore :( Oh well...

After watching Sweetman's maximum win at Brum a few weeks ago, will be interesting to see how he goes Monday.

Will post updates on weather on this thread Monday.

Fourentee, Darcy was very impressive.

Not much of a match for Tai (at Rye house) who only lost first place when he had a puncture in his last heat whilst leading.

But finished on the podium, and always looked fast.

Definetly will be good to see how he goes around the 'difficult' Monmore Green.

Edited by NicWolves

Chris Louis mentioned in last nights GP that Daniel King has been ruled out for 2-3 weeks after crashing with Andreas Jonsson in Sweden on Tuesday night.

Hopefully Ludvig Lindgren will take his place, if not maybe Josh Grajczonek, Robert Mear, Josh Auty, Simon Gustafsson or Andrew Tully could be suitable replacements.

Think it may be too soon for Joe Haines to take part sadly, it would have been good to see him against Darcy, Tai and the rest of the field, but its no good rushing back.

Yes, Joe should take another week or 3 before he races again, It's not that we don't want to see him race - we just don't want him to get hurt again. The lad has done well to get back on a bike so soon.

Looking forward to seeing what Kenni Larsen can do, as I think he should be our 2nd double upper if the averages allow.

Keep your hands off Kenni B)

Sounds like a cracker, great line up at an excellent price. Think I'll probably be there.

I was looking forward to seeing Ludde back at Monmore :( Oh well...

After watching Sweetman's maximum win at Brum a few weeks ago, will be interesting to see how he goes Monday.

Will post updates on weather on this thread Monday.

[b

Yeah it should be interesting to see how Richard goes but I reckon he will struggle. I may be wrong but I dont think Sweetman has rode at Monmore and its quite a strong line-up.

Yeah it should be interesting to see how Richard goes but I reckon he will struggle. I may be wrong but I dont think Sweetman has rode at Monmore and its quite a strong line-up.

He has rode it once when he first came over last season, in Junior test match

I was there the night that Gary died. And as a male I do not mind admitting that when I got home I cried and cried.................................................My mom asked me what is matter and I found it so hard to tell her, I could hardly speak. As I type this I am welling up, that was my worst night at speedway ever. Gary RIP, your's is greatest sacrifice and you will never ever be forgotten.

I was there the night that Gary died. And as a male I do not mind admitting that when I got home I cried and cried.................................................My mom asked me what is matter and I found it so hard to tell her, I could hardly speak. As I type this I am welling up, that was my worst night at speedway ever. Gary RIP, your's is greatest sacrifice and you will never ever be forgotten.

I think that the majority of supporters who were at the track did the same, I know I did

R.I.P Gary

Edited by the.pits

Would be good to see a NZ connection to this meeting.

Jason Bunyan 5 times NZ Champion.

Would be good to see a NZ connection to this meeting.

Jason Bunyan 5 times NZ Champion.

The meeting is for riders under 23 years of age.

I wasn't there, not even born.

But reading about it on the internet, I too cried.

It is a very sad story and brings home just how dangerous the sport is.

Being a follower of the sport, it's upsetting just to know this can happen to any rider.

Looking forward to this meeting tonight, interested to see who will replace Danny King as it's doubtful he will ride. Ole Olsen will be writing a tribute in the meeting programme and may make an appearance.

I wasn't there, not even born.

But reading about it on the internet, I too cried.

It is a very sad story and brings home just how dangerous the sport is.

Being a follower of the sport, it's upsetting just to know this can happen to any rider.

Looking forward to this meeting tonight, interested to see who will replace Danny King as it's doubtful he will ride. Ole Olsen will be writing a tribute in the meeting programme and may make an appearance.

Nick one thing that has stayed in my mind besides the crash is around 3'000 fans leaving the stadium in vertual silence

Joe Haines is racing for Rye's next match

maybe Joe will ride tonight