British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Slovenian Gp, Krsko 12.9.

Assuming you are over 21, what you do in the privacy of your own tiny room is your business :wink:

It wasn't even my tiny room Nick, it was fun though, apart from the meeting that is. :wink:

Can we have the livestream for this event please.? Cheers in advance.

People complain that speedway isn't given good tv coverage. When SKY do such a good job and gives more live hours than the sport deserves over the course of a season, some people go and flout it by watching for free on the internet.

Don't moan and groan if SKY choose to stop covering speedway, because everybody is watching it on internet and not paying, as they should do, to watch it on SKY.

I say it's as big an offence as illegal downloading.

People like me are paying so freeloaders can watch it on the Internet.

Edited by moxey63

That may be the case at Swindon but ask the fans of Berwick, Rye House, Stoke, Workington and next year it seems Leicester. The trick seems to be to run meetings that don't involve GP riders.

Of course Saturday night speedway is viable - if you remove the parasitical GP system.

Rob McCaffery.

While the powers that be keep the GP system in place - and they will, make no mistake about it - Saturday speedway will not be viable. And whilst so many tracks are owned by the GRA, or have local authorities that won't give planning permission or have ridiculous curfews/noise restrictions, it won't be an option for many clubs either. Whether or not you have GP riders in your team is neither here or there as the current system will not materially change, at least not in the very near future, and we all have to accept it. Defeatist? Maybe. Realist? Definitely. Perhaps as an EL fan I have to be, it may be different for those that support the other leagues.

......That would prevent the farce where Nicholls gets a semi spot ahead of Bjerre. What's wrong with them having run-off?

Nicholls didn't get a semi final spot ahead of just Bjerre. There were 3 riders on 7 points don't forget. The farce came about on the count back - Bjerre had more last places, and so was ruled out, but Zagar and Nicholls had identical scores. In a true count back, the rider who had the highest placing in their one race together would have got the nod. That was Zagar as he finished ahead of Nicholls in the last heat. The fact that Nicholls was only given the semi final place because of how low his race jacket number was just shows how idiotic the "rules" (if you can call them that) are. A run-off for the final place would have been much fairer - and you never know, Nicholls might have even got in the semi final on merit.

I just hope they start getting tracks prepared properly sharpish as the next batch of likely GP riders will entertain given the right conditions, ie Holder, Woffinden, Ward,

I would seriously consider putting these three in next season regardless of age. They are all racers and would be a kick in the ass for the series instead of some of the ageing riders that are taking up space at the moment.

The current top 10 of Crump, Emil, Gollob, Hancock, Jonsson, Bjerre, Lindgren, Pedersen and Andersen along with the top three from Coventry (Holder could be one) and two from Holder, Woffinden and Ward would make a much better 15 line up and start bringing in new faces who like Emil go full out for every point.

Only one point to make re last night. Surely riders who get nominations should have numbers 12-15 and the riders who qualify through the GP challenge should get 9-11. That would prevent the farce where Nicholls gets a semi spot ahead of Bjerre.

What's wrong with them having run-off?

Agree

The riders from the GP Challenge should be given the 9-11 race jackets and the next four given 12-15 relating to where they finished in the previous series (if they were in) with new riders taking the lower numbers.

Quite frankly that should be taken out and a run-off would have been much better way of deciding it.

A big well done to Rune Holta for getting second. Would have been first, but for the crappy riding of Nicky and Emil.

I'm no Nicki fan to say the least, but he was the rider that should have been excluded but when Gollob cut across them both, Nicki couldn't shut off because Emil was inside him and only lifting at that split second caused the accident.

As for crap riding from Emil ... is that the same Emil that was thanked by both Hancock and Gollob for avoiding them when falling and the same Emil that was so crap it affected his scores ... 3 3 3 3 3 3 6 ... Shockingly crap :blink:

People complain that speedway isn't given good tv coverage. When SKY do such a good job and gives more live hours than the sport deserves over the course of a season, some people go and flout it by watching for free on the internet.

Don't moan and groan if SKY choose to stop covering speedway, because everybody is watching it on internet and not paying, as they should do, to watch it on SKY.

I say it's as big an offence as illegal downloading.

People like me are paying so freeloaders can watch it on the Internet.

I say Sky are allowing people to do this when they do as they do.

If this is the only way folk can watch all of it live when they aren't Sky customers then that is how it will be.If Sky choose to serve speedway fans as second class citizens then they will lose those customers that they do have with their actions, Andy Murray playing tennis was fair enough as he's British but to give Spanish football precedence is a bloody disgrace. :angry:

For what it's worth we are Sky customers at our residence, but i chose to watch in the company of freinds where they aren't, the livestream was an absolute godsend , many thanks to R&R for the link & many thanks to justintv :approve:

Edited by colincooke

I say Sky are allowing people to do this when they do as they do.

If this is the only way folk can watch all of it live when they aren't Sky customers then that is how it will be.If Sky choose to serve speedway fans as second class citizens then they will lose those customers that they do have with their actions, Andy Murray playing tennis was fair enough as he's British but to give Spanish football precedence is a bloody disgrace. :angry:

For what it's worth we are Sky customers at our residence, but i chose to watch in the company of freinds where they aren't, the livestream was an absolute godsend , many thanks to R&R for the link & many thanks to justintv :approve:

You have your own valid reasons for pick pocketing SKY, but please don't try to shield the fact by saying it's because they treat us as second class citizens. How do you come to that - by showing live meetings throughout the British season, despite amateurism shown by clubs and lack of appreciation by fans. No, it's because you have to press a red bloody button.

Do you really blame them for placing speedway behind football and tennis? If you do, then I think you're kidding yourself.

We shouldn't forget what SKY has given us these past 10 years and perhaps show a bit more appreciation

SKY may be unable to stop live streaming on the Internet, but that doesn't mean you have to take advantage of it.

I bet you peer over the wall at your local track as well, save paying to get in.

You have your own valid reasons for pick pocketing SKY, but please don't try to shield the fact by saying it's because they treat us as second class citizens. How do you come to that - by showing live meetings throughout the British season, despite amateurism shown by clubs and lack of appreciation by fans. No, it's because you have to press a red bloody button.

Do you really blame them for placing speedway behind football and tennis? If you do, then I think you're kidding yourself.

We shouldn't forget what SKY has given us these past 10 years and perhaps show a bit more appreciation

SKY may be unable to stop live streaming on the Internet, but that doesn't mean you have to take advantage of it.

I bet you peer over the wall at your local track as well, save paying to get in.

Don't be so pathetic, if you cared to read my post,which very obviously you haven't,you would've seen that i said i'm a SKY CUSTOMER.I have no problem at home when i watch any meeting.

I chose to associate with freinds for a jolly good night in, freinds with No red button facility, that is what i take offence at. We bloody enjoyed it cos them Poles make more sense than that bloody Millard.

Thankfully none of us there allowed the situation to spoil our evening & the hosts we're very greatful for the assistance.

As someone who has been a fan for nearly 40 years, non stop i take offence at your final comment, but i'll take the bet if you like, easy money :approve:

Have a nice evening.

Well i got to watch this on the livestream on a laptop & the commentary was Polish so we didn't have to listen to Millard's waffle. :approve:In fact Cegielski & Dobrucki made more sense than Millard. :lol:

The meet itself was a bore apart from the incidents which gave us something to talk about, little Kenny Bjerre is so lucky that bike didn't smash his head to bits & top marks to Emil for avoiding Greg. Nicky could really have no argument on the Gollob incident now could he? :rolleyes:

Watching on the laptop was a different experience indeed, & 5 of us in a tiny room was........... well, interesting :wink::lol:

what you need is a docking station with a 32 inch screen, just like th tv!

and at least we get to see that hot polish presenter!

As someone who has been a fan for nearly 40 years, non stop i take offence at your final comment, but i'll take the bet if you like, easy money :approve:

Have a nice evening.

I don't mingle with free-loaders.

Have a pleasant evening. Bet you're watching tv through next door's window.

Edited by moxey63

I don't mingle with free-loaders.

Have a pleasant evening. Bet you're watching tv through next door's window.

whos the free loaders her? someone who goes to his track pays £15 or the equivalent for 40 years?

or someone who pays for a sports package at most £1 a month goes to speedway, but in the process beggar your local track.

While the powers that be keep the GP system in place - and they will, make no mistake about it - Saturday speedway will not be viable. And whilst so many tracks are owned by the GRA, or have local authorities that won't give planning permission or have ridiculous curfews/noise restrictions, it won't be an option for many clubs either. Whether or not you have GP riders in your team is neither here or there as the current system will not materially change, at least not in the very near future, and we all have to accept it. Defeatist? Maybe. Realist? Definitely. Perhaps as an EL fan I have to be, it may be different for those that support the other leagues.

Nicholls didn't get a semi final spot ahead of just Bjerre. There were 3 riders on 7 points don't forget. The farce came about on the count back - Bjerre had more last places, and so was ruled out, but Zagar and Nicholls had identical scores. In a true count back, the rider who had the highest placing in their one race together would have got the nod. That was Zagar as he finished ahead of Nicholls in the last heat. The fact that Nicholls was only given the semi final place because of how low his race jacket number was just shows how idiotic the "rules" (if you can call them that) are. A run-off for the final place would have been much fairer - and you never know, Nicholls might have even got in the semi final on merit.

The 3 riders who finished on 7 had identical scores-Bjerre did not have more last places.

Well, That was my last GP as far as watching goes. I yawned my way through a dozen heats and then switched it off. I had to record it as I dont have Sky and their beloved little red button thingy. Until BSI or whoever the heck runs the GP's now, does something about

the ultra slick gate and go tracks, I will not be bothering again.

As for being our sports top prize..ie: World Championship... dont make me laugh!!

Entry by invitation for 75%, then the rest do a couple of half baked qualifiers and their in.

If we must keep the GP circus, at least make it accessible to any professional rider that

wishes to enter, as it was in the One Off World Final days.

I could live with a 6 round (Max) series, on proper speedway tracks, prepared in

the correct way, with some dirt on them and with the opportunity for any rider to

qualify. No way will I sit and be swindled out of my hard earned cash for this totally

contrived and false rubbish we currently have.

Emil Smash'emoff isn't my favourite rider by a long way, but Thank God the kid was

on the ball last night or we may all have been better off watching the dreaded X Factor.

Seriously...FIM/BSI get your flamming fingers out and start seeing this circus for what it is.

Oh and to finish with.... Well Done Scotty Nicholls..way to go mate. Good to see you scoring some points and riding with more passion. Knew you could do it.. :approve:

Edited by tomcat

I'm lucky enough to have seen top-flight racing running with 18-19 tracks and a large proportion running to large crowds on Friday and Saturday nights.

Now I see a BEL on his last legs, struggling to keep a nine team league going, running to pathetically low crowds and having to avoid Saturday and Friday nights like the plague except for the odd weekend where there are no GPs. Now it seems even Thursdays are becoming too inconvenient. I also see huge gaps in fixture lists with too many tracks lying idle through prime weeks of the season and several tracks running out of official fixtures before September has even got going, or worse August in Peterborough's case.

All this so that the likes of Slovenia can have one big, pointless and tedious meeting like last night.

Perhgaps it is best if the BEL retreats to Monday night racing with say four to six tracks running with all-star teams for about a dozen meetings each a season, and let the rest of speedway get on with it.

You wouldn't tell a sick person that there was no point in treating them because "time has moved on" or "the past is the past". Why do we do that to an ailing Elite League?

Rob McCaffery.

whos the free loaders her? someone who goes to his track pays £15 or the equivalent for 40 years?

or someone who pays for a sports package at most £1 a month goes to speedway, but in the process beggar your local track.

Not talking about local track, this is to do with piggy backing SKY coverage online.

Edited by moxey63