British Speedway Forum

Well you know me - not that I really need to consume any more than I already do :blink: But you don't need to comment on that thanks :lol:

:rolleyes::lol:

Was thinking of going to this but then to fork out £50 to hear that totally un biased commentator cheering on Bomber Harris all night is deffinitely not my idea of entertainment. If somebody could guarantee that the idiot wasn't going to be there I might be persauded to change my mind!!!!

With Holder and Hampel qualifying, that would give you 11 starters for next season and then give the Wild Cards to Hans Andersen, Tai Woffinden, Darcy Ward and if he wishes to stay in, Leigh Adams, if not then Lindback or Zagar.

That would be ridiculous. One good season in the PL over here doesn't make him GP quality. Perhaps Topinka is in with a shout as well? He's had several seasons back-to-back to prove himself at PL level. :unsure:

----------------------------

I guess many will say this is easy to say, hard to prove but my Dad wanted to come to this and bring my Mom along (speedway fans of old when Cradley ruled the roost). Mom's response - We aren't paying that much!! I'll go anyway as it's rare to see this kind of meeting within sensible travelling distance so I see it as a one-off chance and therefore a one-off expenditure. But 3 of us at £18/£20 would have earned the organisers more money than me alone at £25. I suspect a very poor crowd will turn out.

Anyhow i`ll be coming to this meeting as i think there will be some great racing and some controversay thrown in for good measure where will some of you be watching from ???

Cant see it being a great meeting,too many races with top riders against also rans,i probably would have gone if it was 20 quid but 25 just seems too much.

Its knowing that, that bloke is going to be on the mike that is putting me off.

You just have to stand with people that you can chat to and ignore that insane ramblings from the centre concrete/tarmac stuff Muppet!

That is what I intend to do!

I am going to support the riders that I want to support and not the ones that are rammed down my throat to support!

Anyhow i`ll be coming to this meeting as i think there will be some great racing and some controversay thrown in for good measure where will some of you be watching from ???

Coventry forum members are scattered around the stadium usually but the majority (all the important ones) :lol: are on the 1st bend.

I'm on the 4th with a group of friends and my dog so should be easy to spot if you fancy a walk round sometime during the evening. Bring your earplugs though as the P.A. is deafening on that bend. :neutral:

I'm going to brave this out with my two kids - 7 and 4! Must be mad. Is the grandstand a free for all to get in or is it reserved etc?? Never seem to be available when we go to Cov recently. :(

Cheers

Alk

Coventry forum members are scattered around the stadium usually but the majority (all the important ones) :lol: are on the 1st bend.

I'm on the 4th with a group of friends and my dog so should be easy to spot if you fancy a walk round sometime during the evening. Bring your earplugs though as the P.A. is deafening on that bend. :neutral:

Think you mean the controversial ones!!

But not sure how many will be there, as the two main protagonists - SCB & SB will be at Somerset.

We wont be at Somerset now but still undecided about Friday and will probably only decide Thursday night / Friday morning!

So PirateAndi - it looks like Gemini will need to keep you company on bend 4!!

I'm going to brave this out with my two kids - 7 and 4! Must be mad. Is the grandstand a free for all to get in or is it reserved etc?? Never seem to be available when we go to Cov recently. :(

Cheers

Alk

It's a free for all Alk - first come first served... :wink:

Thanks - was wondering the same. Am coming to this too....looking forward to it ! my second time at Brandon - first was the SWC last year.

Might get to get say "hi" this time Jacques...? :unsure:

Edited by zonkers

Thanks Jacques - will have to be an early start then - cant hold my 4 yr old up for all 20 races!

darcy ward in the gps? :lol: do me a favour

yet again tnt showing his complete lack of knowledge and proving to be a twit.

darcy ward in the gps? :lol: do me a favour

yet again tnt showing his complete lack of knowledge and proving to be a twit.

If he wins the u21 title at Gorican 0n oct 3rd then it could be a possibility,i certainly wouldn`t rule it out.