British Speedway Forum

Looking forward to Friday September 18th I see this years Grand Prix Challenge is due to be held at Coventry.

Does anyone know if Sky has any intention of covering this meeting?

Looking forward to Friday September 18th I see this years Grand Prix Challenge is due to be held at Coventry.

They don't normally!!

I reckon this meeting will suffer a disappointing turnout from supporters!

With "Lemo's Big One" being on the same night and Jason Crump amongst the names riding there, it could be a crowd stealer. It comes to something when folk from Cov will be travelling to Somerset rather than going to Brandon!!

25 quid to stand where I normally stand at a league match for what isn't a stunning line-up isn't appealing.

I doubt it will be on Sky but I will be there with my Finland flag cheering on Nemo!

It's possible. The GP challenge is normally covered by a local broadbcaster.

I'm almost certainly going to Someset that night, Crump, Zagar and PK at Somerset vs Zorro, Smoli and Nieminen at Brandon. Not a hard decision!

What IS the line-up then..? :unsure:

Funny that people say the GPs are so great but there's little interest in the only meeting which actually allows people to qualify (rather than be selected by someone at a desk!) for it!! :blink:

Contrast with the huge interest in the past and huge excitement of penultimate rounds of the World Championship: the '76 & '77 Intercontinental Finals at Wembley & White City respectively spring to mind.... :approve:

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

25 quid to stand where I normally stand at a league match for what isn't a stunning line-up isn't appealing.
Not a stunning line up, but not a bad one either ..... Some people have paid £65 for next years Cardiff GP tickets, without the guarantee that the racing will be any good. :blink:

What IS the line-up then..? :unsure:

GP Challenge Line Up

Edited by Shadders

Many thanx. And I think that's a VERY good line-up. :approve:

A 'proper' 16 rider, 20 heat meeting with just the top three berths to chase... :approve: Should make it mega competitive..

I might go up for this one... Certainly appeals far more to me than a pointless GP' round'...!!! :rolleyes:

A decent line up, better than I expected. I think Jarek and Pepe are sufficient incentive for me to go. :lol: Got the day booked off already.

Edited by London Witch

It may be local but I think we will be heading south to Lemo's testimonial as the GP line up doesnt appeal that much.

Funny that people say the GPs are so great but there's little interest in the only meeting which actually allows people to qualify (rather than be selected by someone at a desk!) for it!! :blink:

Contrast with the huge interest in the past and huge excitement of penultimate rounds of the World Championship: the '76 & '77 Intercontinental Finals at Wembley & White City respectively spring to mind.... :approve:

Because it is a usually a couple of duffers who qualify...... :unsure:

The reason its the "only meeting which actually allows people to qualify" is because there have been 6 other meeting to get to this point, thats excluding any National rounds held by each country. Every half decent rider in the UK had the chance to qualify.