British Speedway Forum
OldBulldog

Scandinavian Gp - Saturdays Sky Coverage

Whole GP season has been CRAP to be honest and this shambles from SKY sucks bigtime....no point in ringing up and complaining though as you end up talking to some bloke called Nasreet from sodding India who hasnt got a bloody cloo what your on about and the call will probably cost you a tenner for the privelige...have been on SKY for years now and ive come to the conclusion that i hate there sodding guts!!! Tennis?...TENNIS?! and Andy moaning Murray to boot..COME ON!

Going to Cardiff next year for my sins but as far as the other GP,s shove em not going to bother anymore .

Just to end cant blame the likes of Leigh Adams for not risking his arse anymore as i think the GP series is waning , Crumpie go get yer 3rd title and the red start girl please marry me think your sex on legs thankyou for watching.

& the winner was...Gate 1 ........

My thoughts exactly.Why oh why cant at least the starting gates and a 30yd run up to the first bends be covered up by tarpaulin or similar so the gates arent so biased as in this case.The cost would surely be quite minimal, and prevent the gating monopolies we see so often.

Very much a shame that it rained tonight as Malllila, as Kelvin said is an excellent race track.

Happened a couple of times at Maillia and if anything it's enhanced the racetrack.

TBH, I've completely lost interest the GPs. Watched 8 heats of Daugavpils and left it. Didn't even bother yesterday evening.

Both times I've not missed out.

Guest Ashie Smashy
A typically crass and insensitive posting.

Condescending as ever Rob! glad to see it's not just my posts.

Great to see the "one track pony" proving his detractors wrong again.

Congrats to Tomasz, looks bang in form at the moment and has some speed back in his motors.

What an empty place the GPs will be when TG retires.

& the winner was...Gate 1 ........

Yep, 16 out of 23 heat winners from Gate 1 tells it's own story.

A packed out stadium. A great atmosphere. It looks impressive for any casual or new viewer dropping in.

At Peterborough this Monday, there will be more people in the pits than the stands, and there will be no atmosphere whatsoever. That doesn't look good on television, even if the racing is good.

Why do the miseries on this forum who complain about the GP's still keep watching them?

And we all know that the people who say they won't watch another GP actually, secretly, will.

A packed out stadium. A great atmosphere. It looks impressive for any casual or new viewer dropping in.

At Peterborough this Monday, there will be more people in the pits than the stands, and there will be no atmosphere whatsoever. That doesn't look good on television, even if the racing is good.

Why do the miseries on this forum who complain about the GP's still keep watching them?

And we all know that the people who say they won't watch another GP actually, secretly, will.

Why is it when people post perfectly good critisisms about any facet of speedway , you get classed as a moaning misery ? Was last night's GP any good ? - no it wasn't . Ok the weather didn't help , but any big meeting where one starting gate is so dominant over the other can't be good .

Was it a major irritance that Sky replaced the last hour or so with Tennis ? Well yes it was irritating , wouldn't happen to cricket or football - so why speedway .

Hope you get a decent crowd for your meeting on Monday , but having genuine opinions of something you don't agree with doesn't necessarily make anyone a moaning mysery .

A typically crass and insensitive posting. Try to consider the many cases where people aren't allowed to have dishes and have to rely on cable instead. Of course you'd have them move house, or more likely flat. It's not necessarily about price.

See my response to Blazeaway. It's more complex than you'd like to think and people have a right to voice concerns without being accused of bleating.

Rob McCaffery.

My particular comments were made to those who stated they made their choice because Virgin provided a better service. I merely pointed out that last night was one of those times when they couldn't do that. If technology can't provide others with the necessary equipment to receive Sky, then thats not my fault.

I want the best service possible, and for that, you go to the organ grinder, not the monkey. It may be top dollar, but you get what you want.

Edited by srbramble

Well Done Andy Murray thought he played well ..don't like the bloke but i think he should win the final .

All I can say about last night's GP is, thank God for the Twenty20 Cup Final.

Why is it when people post perfectly good critisisms about any facet of speedway , you get classed as a moaning misery ? Was last night's GP any good ? - no it wasn't . Ok the weather didn't help , but any big meeting where one starting gate is so dominant over the other can't be good .

Was it a major irritance that Sky replaced the last hour or so with Tennis ? Well yes it was irritating , wouldn't happen to cricket or football - so why speedway .

Hope you get a decent crowd for your meeting on Monday , but having genuine opinions of something you don't agree with doesn't necessarily make anyone a moaning mysery .

The best bit about the GP is you and this thread, despite the fact you've resorted to your usual shallow comments ;)

We fell fowl of the red button malarky cos we recorded without realising. Sat down at about midnight well oiled to wath it and WTF!! :angry: we had to record it again this morning and have just watched it.

But it WAS a mediocre GP, not moaning either :rolleyes: Slightly concerned that the evil Dane is down in 9th. A GP series without him is unthinkable, he provides the entertainment..

Edited by Jacques

In a nutshell....Gate 1 (Red) 23 rides 16 x 1sts, 4 x 2nds 2 x 3rds and 1 x 4th

Bloody awful advert for Speedway... and certainly bemused my non Speedway friend who said....."Gate 1 the red helmet...is that where the favourite rides from??" :blink:

Edited by Mauger_Magic

So why not just Skybox the 10.30 showing?, simples. :unsure:

Because I wanted to watch it on delay when I returned from the meal at around 8:30.......

In the end I watched it and +'d it 10:30, saw all the qualifing rounds before falling asleep (given the first dozen heats I think I done well!) and watched the semi's and final at 5am before work this morning - an ideal situation? Far from it!

If Tennis is on the red button no problem but if its the speedway I am stuffed as I am at a wedding until 10 pm and like to watch it on the fast forward over an hour when I get home.

Who gives a toss over some dour Scot with a personailty of a sweaty sock anyway? :unsure:Edit. Yep its on the rd button from 8PM. Disaster. How many people actually care about some obscure Canadian tennis tournament? Sky have acalled this wrong. there are more speedway fans than tennis, and whilst Wimbledon is big news, this tennis isn't.

If you are not on Sky Plus you have had it.

Is he British now that he actually won the tournament Steve?