British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lake Bodom Comet

Workington Meeting 05.09.2009

Will it be the Cumberland Open on Saturday @ Derwent Park? Heard on Sky TV tonight that Simon Stead as taken a booking for an open meeting up here on Saturday.... :unsure:

Will it be the Cumberland Open on Saturday @ Derwent Park? Heard on Sky TV tonight that Simon Stead as taken a booking for an open meeting up here on Saturday.... :unsure:

i thought some riders would have been confirmed by now would like to see ulrich,nermark,kake,stead,whippet,ward,topinka and ov course the legend STONEY

Cumberland Classic according to Speedway Star fixture page.

I heard over the weekend that Simon Stead, James Wright and Tomasz Piszcz are among those invited and it is the 16 rider and 20 heat format.

Should be good. Will Steady break Kevin Doolan's new track record?

i thought some riders would have been confirmed by now would like to see ulrich,nermark,kake,stead,whippet,ward,topinka and ov course the legend STONEY

Ulrich is injured and King's Lynn are riding at Berwick so that rules out Topinka and Ward.

We were told tonight at Newcastle that Derek Sneddon had agreed to ride on Saturday and that Jason King had also been invited - but he wasn't 100% sure that he could do the meeting.

Glasgow at Stoke , Edinburgh and Berwick riding at home . Makes it a shame that some of the northern based riders wont be there , but i suppose filling the 16 spots for these type of meetings must a swine at times .

It will be nice to see Simon Stead riding Derwent park again he seems to be going well in the Elite league and looked very good last night against Poole but im sure Doolan,Compton and Rymel will prove tough competition for him around DP! Hope there is a good crowd and the weather is alot nicer then is has been.

It will be nice to see Simon Stead riding Derwent park again he seems to be going well in the Elite league and looked very good last night against Poole but im sure Doolan,Compton and Rymel will prove tough competition for him around DP! Hope there is a good crowd and the weather is alot nicer then is has been.

You may be disappointed to learn that Adrian Rymel is scheduled to ride in the Czech Republic on Saturday.

From getnoticedonline.co.uk website:

The line-up, with one more rider to add, is: Derek Sneddon (Newcastle), Chris Kerr (Newport), Ty Proctor (Redcar), Jason Lyons (Birmingham), Tomasz Piszcz (Birmingham), Rusty Harrison (Birmingham), Ricky Ashworth (Sheffield), David Howe (Scunthorpe), Joe Screen (Poole), James Wright (Belle Vue), Simon Stead (Swindon), Kevin Doolan, Andre Compton, John Branney and Craig Cook (all Workington).

Edited by Wild Man Vic

Simon Lambert in for Craig Cook with Joe Haines also taking his place in the line-up.

I think the riders this year are a great bunch im looking forward to this!

how much for a programme and is it still £1 for kids with an adult ?

It said in last nights News and Star; Adults £15, with no changes to any other admission prices as far as I can remember.

NOT a hundred per cent sure but i think they will be same price £2.50

It said in last nights News and Star; Adults £15, with no changes to any other admission prices as far as I can remember.

thanks.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Still need a texter for this meeting, if you can help, could you please send a private message including a mobile phone number as I have to go out and get the last bits of school uniform!

Thanks