British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
trainer

Northsde Round

Directions.

Post code for Northside Track is CA14 1NG

The name of the road is Delta Drive (But there is no sign up saying so) It is down as unamed road

Instructions

Follow A66 to its end in Workington you will come to a set of trafic lights take right hand lane and turn right, follow this road for abour 1/2 a mile down a hill past the police station on left over the river.

At the roundabout take 1st exit for about 1/2 mile the river is on your left.

At Next roundabout take 1st exit signposted The Port of Workington follow road over hump backed bridge (railway) past oil depo on left 50 yards turn right hight restriction barrier this will be open.

Follow road over 4 speed humps track is on right sign says Alledale Motor Project.

I believe track will be signposted from the end of the A66 in Workington

From Scotland and North East Head to Carlisle Then take A595 and head to Cockermouth then follow signs for Workington(A66) then as above.

If you end up on A596 dont wory just follow it to Workington when you pass Dunmail park on left 1/4 mile you come to a roundabout take 3rd exit for The Port Of Workington then as above.

I will find out what time it starts and addmission prices.

Directions.

Post code for Northside Track is CA14 1NG

The name of the road is Delta Drive (But there is no sign up saying so) It is down as unamed road

Instructions

Follow A66 to its end in Workington you will come to a set of trafic lights take right hand lane and turn right, follow this road for abour 1/2 a mile down a hill past the police station on left over the river.

At the roundabout take 1st exit for about 1/2 mile the river is on your left.

At Next roundabout take 1st exit signposted The Port of Workington follow road over hump backed bridge (railway) past oil depo on left 50 yards turn right hight restriction barrier this will be open.

Follow road over 4 speed humps track is on right sign says Alledale Motor Project.

I believe track will be signposted from the end of the A66 in Workington

From Scotland and North East Head to Carlisle Then take A595 and head to Cockermouth then follow signs for Workington(A66) then as above.

If you end up on A596 dont wory just follow it to Workington when you pass Dunmail park on left 1/4 mile you come to a roundabout take 3rd exit for The Port Of Workington then as above.

I will find out what time it starts and addmission prices.

Great, thanks for the driving directions very much appreciated

Meeting starts at 3p.m

Addmission - Adults £5

Children free with adult

Programe £1

You coming up from Poole for this one, Shaleshifter? :blink: Or are you holidaying?

Fourentee, i live near Southampton but i will be on holiday that weekend and intend on taking in Workington Vs Kings Lynn and Newcastle vs Kings Lynn.

Shaleshifter, hope you have a great time and that the matches provide plenty of entertainment. Probably won't be at the Lynn match, but will be at the U15s.

Shaleshifter, hope you have a great time and that the matches provide plenty of entertainment. Probably won't be at the Lynn match, but will be at the U15s.

Fourentee, I'm coming up with Shaleshifter so I'll see you there.

All the best

Rob

OK Rob, look forward to it. Interesting mugshot in the Swindon programme last night...don't be offended if you tap me on the shoulder and I break the record for the standing high jump. :wink:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching my first racing at Northside. It was good to meet up with friends and see the youngsters in action.

Taken from www.scunthorpespeedway.com (photos on the website)

Jotun Paints Scunthorpe Saints rider Ashley Morris was crowned British Under-15 Champion yesterday after the final round at Workington yesterday whilst team-mate Kyle Howarth won the round and finished just four points back in second place overall. The destiny of the title went to the last race of the seventh round with both Saints riders capable of claiming the title along with Plymouth’s Josh Dingle. Morris only needed second place to claim the title and after two re-starts he achieved just that to follow in the footsteps of former Scorpions Josh Auty and Joe Haines as national champion.

In the 250cc class Scunthorpe Scorpions’ mascot Reece Downes, who was the youngest rider in the competition, looked well set for a podium place but fell whilst leading the semi-final. Brandon Freemantle went on to claim the national title in after a race-off with round winner Robert Lambert whilst there was consolation for the disappointed Downes, who turns 11 today, as he climbed two places in the championship to finish fourth overall in his first season.

After the meeting Saints Team Manager Malcolm Vasey, who was at Workington, praised his riders “Ashley and Kyle are two outstanding young riders. They are very talented and it has been an absolute pleasure watching them progress whilst riding for the Saints this season. They have a bright future in the sport and there were others here today who also have great potential. Young Reece is undoubtedly one of those but the disappointing aspect of junior speedway is the number of young riders involved. Quite simply we need to attract a lot more youngsters into the sport. At Scunthorpe we have our mini-track and I understand numbers are really increasing on that this year so hopefully that trend will continue and eventually we can see something akin to the 80cc scene that is so successful in Denmark and Sweden develop.”

Ashley Morris and Kyle Howarth are next in action on Friday night, 25th September, at the Eddie Wright Raceway in the British Under-18 Final. They are joined by Saints’ team-mates Richard Franklin, James Sarjeant and Adam Wrathall along with Scunthorpe Scorpions’ Premier League rider Jerran Hart. Racing starts at 7.30pm.

Results

500cc:

Final: Morris, Howarth, Dingle, Sibson, Kirby

Semi-final: Dingle, Kirby, Hoskins

Final Championship Standings (unofficial): Ashley Morris 100, Kyle Howarth 96, Josh Dingle 94, Daniel I’Anson 68, Darryl Ritchings 62, Adam Kirby 61, Cameron Hoskins 56, Tom Stokes 49, Jack Butler 44, Lloyd Barrett 16, Adam Portwood 13.

250cc:

Final: Lambert, Stoneman, Sibson, Freemantle

Semi-final: Stoneman, Sibson, Archer, Downes (fell)

Final Championship Standings (unofficial): Brandon Freemantle 98, Robert Lambert 98 (after title race-off), Nathan Stoneman 90, Reece Downes 73, Jack Cornes 67, Adam Portwood 65, Daniel Sibson 60, Steven Archer 52, Tyler Govier 45, Jack Jones 45.

Edited by Scunny Stag

well done to Ashley and Brandon, can`t believe the coffers at the bspa or scb are that empty that they have to share the trophy instead of getting one each.

Sums up all thats wrong with the sport really, can`t see it being done like that anywhere else.

In fairness the competition was originally 500cc class alone. Only recently has the 250cc section been introduced. Two trophies would be good, but I note that all the riders were given a small trophy, there were glass ones for the 1-2-3 in each section and everyone got flowers for mum too!

Sorry to miss Rob and Shaleshifter, I was in the pits all through the meeting. Saw the jackets and did wave but not spotted through the Cumbrian drizzle!

Congratulations to ALL the lads who have ridden in the 2009 series with a big well done to Ash + Brandon on their wins in each section.

Sorry I could not be there for the final round but was at Newport for our final PL match of the season --just wished I could have been in two places at the same time!!

Roll on the 2010 series.

Laurence Rogers

Sorry to miss Rob and Shaleshifter, I was in the pits all through the meeting. Saw the jackets and did wave but not spotted through the Cumbrian drizzle!

Fourentee, I did have a look for you - but not in the pits. :wink:

The youngsters put on a great show at Northside. In fact, we had a good weekend of speedway - and the Red Arrows especially travelled to Newcastle yesterday to greet us. :shock::lol:

All the best

Rob