British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
trainer

Northsde Round

What impressed me on Saturday was not only the way these young lads handled their bikes around a tight track, but also the sportsmanship on display.

Every time there was an incident, the lads got up and shook hands. In one race, two of the lads piled up on the first bend, and the lad who got up first anxiously moved his bike to help the other get to his feet.

The riders all behaved impeccably, and showed certain supposedly more "mature" riders how to behave.

All the best

Rob

What impressed me on Saturday was not only the way these young lads handled their bikes around a tight track, but also the sportsmanship on display.

Every time there was an incident, the lads got up and shook hands. In one race, two of the lads piled up on the first bend, and the lad who got up first anxiously moved his bike to help the other get to his feet.

The riders all behaved impeccably, and showed certain supposedly more "mature" riders how to behave.

All the best

Rob

That is something Crouch, Reevo, Jonah and I have tried to develop with them. Also from a point of view of a slick presentation and running of a meeting they are superb as one thing I do is to make sure they are ready one race before, have the correct helmet colour on, know what gate they are due to come off and they are lined up as the previous race finishes, ready to be pushed off.

They have been a joy to work with and hopefully these little but important points will go with them throughout their speedway careers.

Roll on the 2010 series!!

Following on from that, I was impressed not only by Jonah's advice (both mechanical and on riding technique) but the manner in which it was delivered. It's clear that he has a really good rapport with these youngsters and that the words of wisdom stick.

This was the first U15 meeting I've attended and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just hope that the economic situation eases to sufficient degree that there are bigger fields next year. I was told that one of the riders at Northside (Josh Dingle?) had come from Plymouth! :blink:

There should be more meetings at places like Northside and Iwade over the winter for these lads (including team events) especially now that there is little 'official' winter action, not including Scunthorpe where Richard Hollingsworth & Co do a great job.

These kids need to be kept racing to 'fast-track' their training and skill base so that eventually we get on the pace with other countries like Denmark, Sweden and Poland.

Maybe Forum members could do something and there could be BSF sponsored events (for stuff like oil, fuel and travel expenses) at maybe Northside and Iwade in November or December to persuade the relevant Promoters to run events like this for the Under 15's like Linlithgow and Iwade used to do in past.

Maybe 3TT type weekend events involving Scunthorpe, Iwade, and Northside across November, December, January and February???

Then people would see the improvements that these kids would undoubtedly make when they take second half outings (if given the time) at our more regular tracks come March & April 2010.

Quite simply these lads need more than just the competitive U15 Championship, great though it is.

I'd certainly be willing to contribute.

Following on from that, I was impressed not only by Jonah's advice (both mechanical and on riding technique) but the manner in which it was delivered. It's clear that he has a really good rapport with these youngsters and that the words of wisdom stick.

This was the first U15 meeting I've attended and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just hope that the economic situation eases to sufficient degree that there are bigger fields next year. I was told that one of the riders at Northside (Josh Dingle?) had come from Plymouth! :blink:

just like to confirm that josh dingle is from cornwall. and took him 11 hours to get there. as know them well as we are two and half hours infront of him. nathan stoneman.

Thanks for that, Nathan. Sounds like you had a long enough journey yourself. I thought it was a long haul coming from Wolverhampton (-ish) and I wasn't even driving!

KetteringPanther, I honestly can't think of a better idea or concept with which the forum could be associated. Organising it would be the problem, of course, but what a great way of furthering the lifeblood of the sport.