British Speedway Forum

Best Grand Prix for ages. If only there was more speedway like that instead of the usual rev-and-go stuff.

Anyone who disagrees should ask their carer what I'm on about.

:wink::lol: still laughing now. great speedway

Loved the Sky commentary -

Lap 2, turn 4 = "Hans Andersen is looking brilliant here & what a fine victory this would be for the Dane - Yes its nice to see Hans out front.....

Here comes Gollob - Wow - how much speed is he carrying there"..........

Mr Pearson & Mr Louis jnr, never forget a speedway heat is never over until the chequered flag - especially when TG is one of the riders

I thought Gollob was majestic tonight, it would be a just reward if he actually got to win the title once before he hangs up his leathers. Best GP I've seen for ages and even Franchetti will have a few bragging rights having passed Crump, Adams, Hancock and a couple of others (OK, I know most of them passed him again but the lad tried hard) shame he hasn't been on the pace like that for Berwick though.

Lets hope the final round is as entertaining

I thuoght it was an excellent GP tonight. Good racing on the blue groove with plenty of close exciting action.

Hans Andersen gave himself every chance of staying in the 2010 series, and Gollob has given himself a chance of pipping Crump ( please!)

prat!!

Loved the Sky commentary -

Lap 2, turn 4 = "Hans Andersen is looking brilliant here & what a fine victory this would be for the Dane - Yes its nice to see Hans out front.....

Here comes Gollob - Wow - how much speed is he carrying there"..........

Mr Pearson & Mr Louis jnr, never forget a speedway heat is never over until the chequered flag - especially when TG is one of the riders

Be fair they usually commentate on British speedway where noone overtakes

Guest Ashie Smashy

Pearson calls the heat after the first bend every single time. Tonight the entire show should have been renamed the Sky Crump Show based off Pearson's continued references to him every single heat, even when he was not in the race.

Well done to Bomber, a good performance, another one like that in Poland and lets hope he is given a final reprieve for next season.

How many Poles would be lying on the road's in Bydgoscz should Gollob steal the show!! What an awesome night that would be! No chance of a ticket now :blink:

I thought Gollob was majestic tonight, it would be a just reward if he actually got to win the title once before he hangs up his leathers. Best GP I've seen for ages and even Franchetti will have a few bragging rights having passed Crump, Adams, Hancock and a couple of others (OK, I know most of them passed him again but the lad tried hard) shame he hasn't been on the pace like that for Berwick though.

Lets hope the final round is as entertaining

Agreed jrs. It was good to hear both Gary Havelock and Hans Andersen make a similar reference to Tomasz as "being the best not to be / should be on this form".

Miracles sometimes happen, but as TG said "7pts maybe - 17 no way".

I don't know what changes Tomasz has made recently, but his bikes have looked so much faster in the last two SGPs.

Edited by macca56

Anyone seen Omar Sharif? All we needed was camels! The only thing missing from tonite was the sand castles. How come we got a blue line on the track? No grading, no water, no nothing. Nicki P screaming at Ole Olsen puts to bed the conspiracy theories that he prepares the tracks for the danes.

Roll on Poland

How many Poles would be lying on the road's in Bydgoscz should Gollob steal the show!! What an awesome night that would be! No chance of a ticket now :blink:

Wouldn't it just.

Peole forget Crump is where he is because Nicki P got a bad injury which ended his chances of keeping the title. Crump benefitted there and now Gollob and Emil are doing the same to Crump as he did to Nicki P. And before anyone jumps on my I am not a nicki fan, just stating the facts of the situation.

Crump doesn't have some god given right to win the title this year and injuries are part and parcel of the sport. I for one would certainly be celebrating a Gollob title in a few weeks time if by some chance it came off.

Wouldn't it just.

Peole forget Crump is where he is because Nicki P got a bad injury which ended his chances of keeping the title. Crump benefitted there and now Gollob and Emil are doing the same to Crump as he did to Nicki P. And before anyone jumps on my I am not a nicki fan, just stating the facts of the situation.

Crump doesn't have some god given right to win the title this year and injuries are part and parcel of the sport. I for one would certainly be celebrating a Gollob title in a few weeks time if by some chance it came off.

As Eric Morecombe would say "rubbish" :lol:

Anyone seen Omar Sharif? All we needed was camels! The only thing missing from tonite was the sand castles. How come we got a blue line on the track? No grading, no water, no nothing. Nicki P screaming at Ole Olsen puts to bed the conspiracy theories that he prepares the tracks for the danes.

Roll on Poland

the whole Ole and Nicki dislike each other thing is an old story and certainly one fit for WWE ......... in fact everything Nicki does in the pits seems to be fit for WWE ...... he seems to spend more time worrying about performing in front of the cameras than sorting out the real problem which is his slow machinery

dont believe the hype

edit: and water? is Ole ever seen in the same place as a water bowser? :unsure:

Edited by spook

the whole Ole and Nicki dislike each other thing is an old story and certainly one fit for WWE ......... in fact everything Nicki does in the pits seems to be fit for WWE ...... he seems to spend more time worrying about performing in front of the cameras than sorting out the real problem which is his slow machinery

dont believe the hype

edit: and water? is Ole ever seen in the same place as a water bowser? :unsure:

We aren't talking wigs and make up here, let's be honest Fox and Mulder are not on the case of this this non profit making 'farce' that you assume, I can agree that speedway does need 'sexing up' bit let's be honest a dry track is not the way to go, Pammy A in Leathers or Brad Pitt certainly becoming a fan would pull in the punters more. This conspiracy theory is a bit 'dry'...er hum ....

Wouldn't it just.

Peole forget Crump is where he is because Nicki P got a bad injury which ended his chances of keeping the title.

LOL

is that so? :rolleyes: