British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

New Ideas

Personally I feel it would bring out ability rather than the one with the richest parents from the off. Those who's parents are on a lower income could compete on the same level. Above all it could bring down riders wages and make speedway cheaper, with no net loss to either promoter or rider. Plenty of other sports have standard out of the box classes with limited tuning rules, speedway has some but prefers to line the pockets of expensive aftermarket parts and expensive tuners.

Not sure it would improve the racing, would definitely slow them down I guess.

V interesting.

You write that other sports have standard out the box equipment, which ones are you thinking of?

How would we control the 'sealed' element of the proposal?

I think that would lead to Cheque book speedway if there was no regulation at all

And I guess you think this would be bad.

Why?

V interesting.

You write that other sports have standard out the box equipment, which ones are you thinking of?

How would we control the 'sealed' element of the proposal?

The four wheeled kind, some types of car competitions for example race box standard 1.0L VW Polo's. It's very close stuff, the only way they can pass is by forcing their way through. Couldn't do that in speedway obviously. :lol:

The sealed bit is tough, but other sports use some kind of item that would break when the engine is broken apart (like a unique coloured wax seal). Also the engine and security type bolts could be sprayed a colour to reveal scratch marks if tools have attacked it. They'd have to work with the manufacturer of course, but there are ways to stop it and in all purposes, if a rider was two seconds per race quicker than everyone else....... the machine examiner would pay a visit. :lol:

Edited by Deano

And I guess you think this would be bad.

Why?

I would not say it would be a bad idea , but knowing speedway promoters they would not GO and promote to get the money ,they would say to their regulars "well its going to cost you £25 to get in so we can compete"

The four wheeled kind, some types of car competitions for example race box standard 1.0L VW Polo's. It's very close stuff, the only way they can pass is by forcing their way through. Couldn't do that in speedway obviously. :lol:

The sealed bit is tough, but other sports use some kind of item that would break when the engine is broken apart (like a unique coloured wax seal). Also the engine and security type bolts could be sprayed a colour to reveal scratch marks if tools have attacked it. They'd have to work with the manufacturer of course, but there are ways to stop it and in all purposes, if a rider was two seconds per race quicker than everyone else....... the machine examiner would pay a visit. :lol:

The idea has its merits, perhaps cheaper up keep for riders.

That said I've watched the A1GP stuff which is based on standard cars (with limited team tuning etc) and the racing is dull.

I also think it would be very difficult to police.

What happens when the engine goes for its first maintenance?

I would not say it would be a bad idea , but knowing speedway promoters they would not GO and promote to get the money ,they would say to their regulars "well its going to cost you £25 to get in so we can compete"

Yup never really thought of that. Although I think it (no averages) may actually attract more promoters into the sport. The ex Coventry promoter (apologies can't remember his name) was effectively chased away from speedway and perhaps a little bit more money.

IMO the fact that he'd to break up a winning team, plus he couldn't easily improve a losing team helped in his decision to walk away.

I think the big fear that one or two teams will suddenly track 7 Nicki Pedersen's or 7 Tomek Gollob's I just don't think is a realistic fear.

Most promotions aren't making a fortune just now so I fail to see where all this money would appear from to dominate the sport.

What happens when the engine goes for its first maintenance?

Ideally like normal box standard engines, they are 20x more reliable so apart from changing external components internals remain OEM untouched.

Ideally like normal box standard engines, they are 20x more reliable so apart from changing external components internals remain OEM untouched.

Ahh I didn't know that... what does OEM mean?

Could be a good experiment for the National League (initially). Like you say it wouldn't make joining the sport as financially prohibitive.

Would the league own the engines?

Ahh I didn't know that... what does OEM mean?

Could be a good experiment for the National League (initially). Like you say it wouldn't make joining the sport as financially prohibitive.

Would the league own the engines?

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacture or Manufacturer.

No the riders own as many as they want... hopefully they would only ever need one and maybe one as a back up per season.

Edited by Deano

Scotland, do you ever stop asking bloody questions???? :wink:

Next season in MotoGP, the 250cc class is being replaced by the Moto2 class, which will be identical 600cc engines, all supplied by Honda and all sealed so the teams cannot touch then internally, in whatever frames teams choose to use. There is a rule that anyone who is winning all the races must sell that engine to anyone who stumps up (I think) $20000. This rule is designed to prevent teams buggering about with their allocated engine.

Don't know how this rule could be applied to speedway, so don't ask me, ok? :lol:

Next season in MotoGP, the 250cc class is being replaced by the Moto2 class, which will be identical 600cc engines, all supplied by Honda and all sealed so the teams cannot touch then internally, in whatever frames teams choose to use. There is a rule that anyone who is winning all the races must sell that engine to anyone who stumps up (I think) $20000. This rule is designed to prevent teams buggering about with their allocated engine.

Don't know how this rule could be applied to speedway, so don't ask me, ok? :lol:

Apologies - I blame my job.

Interesting re MotoGP, I wonder if it could be applied to SpeedwayGP rhetorical question... :wink:

That's another thing (that nearly happened with Team Exide Hancock and Hamill) I can see SGP going down a mini team route

E.g. Team Rickardsson with Emil and Linback etc

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacture or Manufacturer.

No the riders own as many as they want... hopefully they would only ever need one and maybe one as a back up per season.

Sounds like it could work.

Although unless the engine manufacturers could sell as many engines, they'd be against it. As would tuners I guess.

Could be an option to say to a new/old manufacturer Godden, Weslake you can have exclusive rights to building engines for the NL.

Could prove a double benefit for the sport another manufacturer and cheaper equipment costs.

its been said before

Tracks should have a number of engines - riders turn up with their chassis and pick a number

that engine is then theirs for the match and give back at the end. simple

Engines are then serviced as standard all the same.

Once they have become tired or need replacing they can then be sold to the NL clubs, Training tracks or Junior Riders

The only things that can be altered would be Carb jetting, gearing and tyre pressures to suit the track.

• Like 2

Scrap the new silencers before they kill this sport

To be honest if we dont have these silencers then clubs will close, (not just mine) the future of the sport is at stake if they arnt implented.

In a perfect world I love not to have them but as we know this world aint perfect especially with the PC brigade about.