British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sonny jim

Mildenhall Shareholders Trophy 11/10

I have just arrived home from a very good meeting at Mildenhall.

Taylor Poole is an outstanding rider, and was so close to the track record, winning a race by nearly half a lap. Credit must also go to the rest of the team for making it such a comfortable result. I wonder where Taylor will be riding next, year does anyone know who owns him?

While we were there we heard about the extra meeting in October called the 'Shareholders Trophy'. I can remember being told by the new promotion at the beginning of the year that the previous promotion and its followers i.e. Simon Barton and the Barmy Army would not be part of 2009, and understood there were no Shareholders this year. I saw today one of their banners above the pits so are they trying to regain their status at the club.

Can anyone answer the questions below?

Are there any Shareholders in the present promotion, and are they the same Shareholders of the previous promotion whose company is no longer trading?

Are they the same Shareholders that agreed along with Simon Barton to sell the club to the Chapman's?

Are they the same Shareholders that agreed to let all the club assets go to Kings Lynn?

Are they the same Shareholders that virtually destroyed the club and made the job Ray Mascall was trying to do almost impossible?

Are they the same Shareholders who left Mildenhall Speedway with not one single asset towards a team, which meant team building had to be started from scratch?

Is the Proprietor of Renaissance Property Management who are sponsoring the extra meeting a member of the Barmy Army?

If this is so why have the promotion allowed the people who have done the most damage to the Fen Tigers become involved, after all that was said at the beginning of the year.

Does anyone know what has happened to Halifax Tiger, I haven't seen him around for two or three weeks.?

also can anyone tell sonny jim the lottery numbers for next week ?

i for one am grateful for another meeting and chance to see mildenhall riders once again.

Edited by tigers forever

Is the Proprietor of Renaissance Property Management who are sponsoring the extra meeting a member of the Barmy Army?

Absolutely not! As a former Club Chairman at Mildenhall in Mick Horton's time I retain a fondness for the Club and I am always keen to support 3rd tier racing as the way forward for our sport in this country. By the way I am Managing Director not proprietor of Renaissance Property Management Ltd

Edited for typos

Edited by NeilWatson

The Shareholders from 2008 of Fen Tigers Ltd have kindly offered us financial help to put this meeting on but have nothing to do with this years promotional team.

We are very greatfull for their imput to this meeting as we look to end the season in fine style as a speedway club and they certainly did not destroy the club last season.

Neil Watson is a personal friend of both myself and Blayne and was asked if he was interested in sponsoring this meeting with his company Renaissance Property Management Ltd and as ever was so keen to help out as he said in a previous post he still holds Mildenhall Speedway with some affection.

The meeting should be a cracker, we will also be having reserve races and the "Men In Black" racing their vintage machines in a series of races.

Many Thanks

Steve

Edited by Dub

I have just arrived home from a very good meeting at Mildenhall.

Taylor Poole is an outstanding rider, and was so close to the track record, winning a race by nearly half a lap. Credit must also go to the rest of the team for making it such a comfortable result. I wonder where Taylor will be riding next, year does anyone know who owns him?

While we were there we heard about the extra meeting in October called the 'Shareholders Trophy'. I can remember being told by the new promotion at the beginning of the year that the previous promotion and its followers i.e. Simon Barton and the Barmy Army would not be part of 2009, and understood there were no Shareholders this year. I saw today one of their banners above the pits so are they trying to regain their status at the club.

Can anyone answer the questions below?

Are there any Shareholders in the present promotion, and are they the same Shareholders of the previous promotion whose company is no longer trading?

Are they the same Shareholders that agreed along with Simon Barton to sell the club to the Chapman's?

Are they the same Shareholders that agreed to let all the club assets go to Kings Lynn?

Are they the same Shareholders that virtually destroyed the club and made the job Ray Mascall was trying to do almost impossible?

Are they the same Shareholders who left Mildenhall Speedway with not one single asset towards a team, which meant team building had to be started from scratch?

If this is so why have the promotion allowed the people who have done the most damage to the Fen Tigers become involved, after all that was said at the beginning of the year.

Does anyone know what has happened to Halifax Tiger, I haven't seen him around for two or three weeks.?

Some posts really make you wonder why anyone would become involved with speedway and put in time and effort to try and help a club only to get posts like this :mad:

Oh well here are your answers:

[/color]Ray is the Chairman of the club and is therefore the only official member of the current promotion Fen Speed 09. He was a shareholder of Fen Tigers Ltd which was the company set up under the previous promotion, as were a number of other loyal fans who, along with Simon Barton kept the Fen Tigers in existence. The banner you are refering to is I would imagine the one put up by 2 loyal Fen Tigers fans who come from Birmingham. There is no attempt by the Fen Tigers Ltd shareholders to regain any interest in the Fen Tigers.

To clarify, hopefully once and for all this extra meeting was called the "Shareholders Trophy" as one is in place that is all. You are reading far more into this than there is. Its just a name of a meeting.

See above its just a name.

This does not even warrant a reply, but all I will say is that without Simon and the Fen Tigers Ltd shareholders there would not have been a club for Ray to buy in the first place so please get your facts right. Alot of the those same people who you class as having destroyed the club have helped financially this year, wonder if they will next year if they receive this sort of flack from a so called "supporter" :mad:

See above post.

Neil Watson has already answered this in his usual professional manner. Fortunately he didnt take offence at your inference and pull his sponsorship. Again maybe a little thought before you posted would have been better.

If you call keeping the club alive "the most damage" you really are living in a dream world.There are a number of core people who have pumped £10,000s into the Fen Tigers to keep them alive over the last couple of years. You may not like them but they derserve respect. Without those few people you wouldnt have the chance to see Taylor Poole at West Row :mad:

For the final time, without Simon Barton and the Fen Tigers Shareholders - all of which were long term fans of the club - there would be no Fen Tigers now.

With hindsight selling to the Chapmans was a mistake but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Instead of going over old ground everyone should support Ray and move the Fen Tigers forward.

Personally I hope the pheonix can rise from the ashes

Line Up

Barrie Evans

Ollie Rayson

Luke Priest

Joe Jacobs

James Birkinshaw

Nick Laurence

Taylor Poole

Jerran Hart

Matt Wright

Simon Lambert

Jay Herne

Nick Simmons

Terry Day

Ben Hopwood

Sorry to nitpick, but isn't Oct 11th the date for this? If so, its also the date for the Buxton v Bournemouth leg of the KOC Final. I can't imagine either Jay or Jerran will be available for this, that being the case?

Edited by rhidassa

Sorry to nitpick, but isn't Oct 11th the date for this? If so, its also the date for the Buxton v Bournemouth leg of the KOC Final. I can't imagine either Jay or Jerran will be available for this, that being the case?

Yeah replacements are being booked as we speak :lol:

Yeah replacements are being booked as we speak :lol:

Bet you're wishing I'd waited just that little bit longer so you could have edited the post before I pointed it out... :lol:

I'd say its a shame that Bournemouth are racing, but in a sense it also makes me able to attend the meeting, so I shouldn't complain. Look forward to seeing the revised line-up.

Kings Lynn's Adam Allott and Darren Mallett have confirmed that they will be riding in the meeting.

Cheers

Steve

Kings Lynn's Adam Allott and Darren Mallett have confirmed that they will be riding in the meeting.

Cheers

Steve

That's a tasty line-up, looking forward to this already!

14 riders is it an individual? a special format or isnt that the full line-up just some confirmed?

It will be a 16 rider 20 heat individual 'Superstar1', old fashioned format with no semi final or final, just the top scorer wins with run offs for places if necessary.

Hopefully four reserve races between Heats 4/8/12 & 16, some U15 races and the 'men in black'

Its hard to get better value than that for a tenner! :wink:

Lets hope the rain stays away on the 11th October, as it should be a great afternoons entertainment and a fine way to end the season at Mildenhall :approve:

Edited by PhilK

Pleased to confirm the addition of Dan Halsey to the line up.

Cheers

Steve

Full line up in riding order:

1. Terry Day

2. Olli Rayson

3. Barrie Evans

4. Taylor Poole

5. Simon Lambert

6. Nick Laurence

7. Lee Strudwick

8. James Sarjeant

9. Luke Priest

10. Jari Makinen

11. Scott Campos

12. Darren Mallett

13. Matt Wright

14. James Cockle

15. Dan Halsey

16. Arlo Bugeja

Cheers

Steve

Meeting Reserves.

17. Nial Strudwick.

18. Tom Stokes.

19. Chris Widman

20. Liam Rumsey

Many Thanks

Steve

Edited by Dub

I am pleased to report the admission will be the same as league matches and Mildenhall Season Tickets are valid for this meeting, should be a cracker!

Cheers

Steve