British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

London Riders Championship-lakeside

Are Lakeside still going to put this on on 23rd or 30th October after the ko cup final and RH challenge have taken place?

Hope so, any extra meetings welcome as the end draws near!

Are Lakeside still going to put this on on 23rd or 30th October after the ko cup final and RH challenge have taken place?

Hope so, any extra meetings welcome as the end draws near!

Please do NOT take this as official club news at all as it's not but as I understand the situation the last speedway meeting of the 2009 season at the Arena Essex circuit will be staged on October 16. I believe I'm right in saying that the stadium owners require the last two weeks of this month for extra preparations for their season-ending "Firecracker" car meeting.

And whilst it would have been great in many people's eyes to stage the LRC on October 16 given that, it wouldn't really realistic to do so for at the moment the Lakeside Hammers have firstly to allow for the fact that A) Monday's KO Cup semi between Coventry and Belle Vue could be a victim of adverse weather and B) so could next Friday's home leg of the final! :rolleyes:

Spare a thought too for the Hammers programme editor (not me thank goodness!) who, amongst his 1001 other tasks and leading a life of his own, is having to start planning / writing next Friday's edition bearing in mind "A)" above consequently not knowing who the oppo is and even what the fixture is definitely going to be! :blink:

As far as the LRC is concerned, I believe it is hoped to most certainly run it in 2010 sometime mid-season!

Cheers

Bryn

EDIT: 7/10/09 UPDATE: The club have now officially confirmed that this Friday's (9th Oct) Cup Final first leg v Coventry is scheduled to be the last home meeting of 2009

Edited by Bryn

Please do NOT take this as official club news at all as it's not but as I understand the situation the last speedway meeting of the 2009 season at the Arena Essex circuit will be staged on October 16. I believe I'm right in saying that the stadium owners require the last two weeks of this month for extra preparations for their season-ending "Firecracker" car meeting.

And whilst it would have been great in many people's eyes to stage the LRC on October 16 given that, it wouldn't really realistic to do so for at the moment the Lakeside Hammers have firstly to allow for the fact that A) Monday's KO Cup semi between Coventry and Belle Vue could be a victim of adverse weather and B) so could next Friday's home leg of the final! :rolleyes:

Spare a thought too for the Hammers programme editor (not me thank goodness!) who, amongst his 1001 other tasks and leading a life of his own, is having to start planning / writing next Friday's edition bearing in mind "A)" above consequently not knowing who the oppo is and even what the fixture is definitely going to be! :blink:

As far as the LRC is concerned, I believe it is hoped to most certainly run it in 2010 sometime mid-season!

Cheers

Bryn

It could be that the Rye House challenge on 16th October does not take place either. Following their aggregate victory over Sheffield tonight in the Young Shield competition they move on to the next round where they have been drawn against Scunthorpe. They cannot ride the away leg next Friday as Scunthorpe are already riding against Kings Lynn in the second leg of the PLKO. Therefore, unless Scunthorpe are prepared to run a double-header (doubtful) or run on a different night (almost as doubtful) Rye house will be there on the 16th.