Protoz..... (forgot the spelling)

NK Iversen

Lindback

Holder

Think that you missed out T Gollob.

Surely not deliberately?

On the contrary it is highly deliberate

and i cant see how you can question my picks or

is your opinion worth more the anyone else's?

IT won't be long before we will know the names of the 15 permanent Grand Prix riders for the 2010 campaign.

But, if you had to CHOOSE the 15 best riders in the world to take part, who would they be?

PHILIP RISING

Right now after watching that rubbish tonight provided on a motorway, would it matter who the top 15 were, they aren't being allowed to show off their skills. Never thought after 40 yrs of watching speedway I would be saying couldn't give a toss if I never see another GP. SKY subscribtion is in danger of being binned for next yr, Depending upon track prep (Overall) possibly No Cardiff, a saving of over 1k alone just on those two. What has all the makings of a great sporting event is being spoilt by track prep. I feel sorry for you and your staff at Speeway Star who continually try to lift the sport only to be frustrated by the lack of racing tracks provided by the GP organisers. These events are supposed to show off our great sport, not make it look mickey mouse. Why in the context of your magazine do you not ask Olsen why he thinks it was for the betterment of the sport that he provioded slick tracks??

Lets hope with Tony Olson coming in we will get nice grippy tracks with various lines and watch these guys at their best.

Then we can see Hans finally take his place at the top of the pile :D

Lets hope with Tony Olson coming in we will get nice grippy tracks with various lines and watch these guys at their best.

Then we can see Hans finally take his place at the top of the pile :D

You mean the pile-up in the first corner featuring Andersen, Gollob and Sayfutdinov as Crumpy outgates the lot and picks up another win? :D

P1ss poor track and terrible bikes lost Hans a top 8 finish. Ah well new director new tracks new World Champion for 2010 Mr Hans Andersen :P

P1ss poor track and terrible bikes lost Hans a top 8 finish. Ah well new director new tracks new World Champion for 2010 Mr Hans Andersen :P

What happened to Hans, when he was in as a wild card he was flying wherever he

raced, now he has gone backwards. Perhaps ditching this tribute to Erik Gundersen

may be a good way to start, plus go back to whatever setup he was using back then,

on and off track.

I'm not having a pop at Hans, as I seriously thought he would be a contender this year,

but he needs to get his head straight. Whilst I applaud his attempts to recognise

Erik as his idol etc etc, it is a distraction and a weight to carry, with people seeing

what he is doing and expecting him to perform to Eriks level.

Get the set up right and then pay a tribute to Erik, preferably at the final GP of

the year of he has the title sewn up.

I hope Hans does get a W/C pick for 2010 as he is an exciting rider to watch and

also a real character too.

As for the rest.... not too sure, but something like:

Jason Crump.

Nicki Pedersen

Emil Sayfutdinov

Tomasz Gollob

Chris Holder

Jarek Hampel

Darcy Ward

Greg Hancock

Freddie Lindgren

Matej Zagar

Hans Andersen

Andreas Jonsson

Antonio Lindback

Rune Holta

Tai Woffinden (If there has to be a Brit)

Get some decent track surfaces and that would probably produce some exciting races

between that little lot.

I really have no idea what happened to Hans season wether it was not starting the season in the UK or not i dont know. I doubt it has even his return didnt improve his scores consistantly. I dont think the organisers will overlook Hans for a W/C they know what he is capable of and know he is one of the best in the world. Just a bad year and i hope the winter break helps him sort what ever he feels went wrong.

I really have no idea what happened to Hans season wether it was not starting the season in the UK or not i dont know. I doubt it has even his return didnt improve his scores consistantly. I dont think the organisers will overlook Hans for a W/C they know what he is capable of and know he is one of the best in the world. Just a bad year and i hope the winter break helps him sort what ever he feels went wrong.

Don't think it was missing the Uk at the start of the season.

Its not affected other GP riders, like Crumpy, Nicki P, Gollob, Holta,

and Greg H. Something has been amiss, you don't suddenly become

a mediocre rider overnight.

Sometimes a step back helps, as I said, look at what he was doing setups wise

when he was flying and try and work out where the drop in performances started,

analyse that and he might work out what went wrong.

Some people reckon he doesn't deserve the title, you know, those that think Hans

is too cocky, loud mouthed etc etc, but what a great World Champ he would be, has that

character about him.

Just hope he gets that W/C and sorts things out for a serious crack at the Title for 2010.

Don't think it was missing the Uk at the start of the season.

Its not affected other GP riders, like Crumpy, Nicki P, Gollob, Holta,

and Greg H. Something has been amiss, you don't suddenly become

a mediocre rider overnight.

Sometimes a step back helps, as I said, look at what he was doing setups wise

when he was flying and try and work out where the drop in performances started,

analyse that and he might work out what went wrong.

Some people reckon he doesn't deserve the title, you know, those that think Hans

is too cocky, loud mouthed etc etc, but what a great World Champ he would be, has that

character about him.

Just hope he gets that W/C and sorts things out for a serious crack at the Title for 2010.

It hasnt been a complete failure of a season, he has made podiums and scored well. He was just missing that consistency. I have to totally agree that Hans would be a superb Wolrd Champion. There is nothing too cocky about him. He has the character and charisma and deserves a GP place ahead of many of names i have seen thrown about several threads.

Darcy Ward?....Janowski?...pepe?...sullivan?...some of you are on cloud cuckoo land!

Top 8 as quali'd crump gollob emil jonsson hancock holta nikki bjerre

the 3 from gp challenge Zorro Hampel Noddy

plus the 4 noms who will be

Hans

Camp Freddie

Wuffy

Antonionionioni or Zagar (Lindback may suffer as already having 2 swedes in)

Fairest way to go is to invite all riders who have won at least 1 GP this year for a start. I feel that to win a GP should be enough to earn a place next time. I would then fill up to 10 places from the current GP Series' finishing order with the remaining 5 places coming from the GP Challenge Final. For 2010 we would then have the following:-

Crump

Gollob

Sayfutdinov

Hancock

Pedersen N

Jonsson

Bjerre

Holta

Lindgren

Andersen

Zetterstrom

Holder

Hampel

Protasiewicz

Harris

All of them being in on merit

Edited by barrow boy

Harris in on merit? Where did he merit this inclusion? One good GP doesnt make a GP rider. Look at Harris at Cardiff, one good night and hasnt done much since.

I've resisted posting until the final GP is done and dusted, because otherwise any answer becomes a bit of a nonsense once the top eight changes - as it did last night.

OK, we all know the 11 qualifiers for next year's series - and I believe in the majority of riders qualifying instead of being chosen. So I go with those 11. But how about the other four?

I will give two answers - firstly who personally I would put in, and then who I think will be in.

My seeded riders would be:

1. Fredrik Lindgren. Improving all the time and only just missed out on the top 8. Only a matter of time before he wins a Grand Prix and climbs the rankings further.

2. Hans Andersen. Something of an enigma in 2009, but far too good not to be in the Grand Prix series.

3. Antonio Lindback. Somewhat inconsistent, but has excelled in his two wildcard appearances during this season. Another enigma, but he's exciting to watch and adds a little colour to the GP series.

4. Ummmm... tricky. However, I am going to plump for World Under-21 Champion Darcy Ward. I know people will stay he's too young, but wasn't exactly the same said about Sayfutdinov 12 months ago? If you're good enough, you're old enough. And Ward is a truly exceptional talent.

However, I don't think those will be the 4 riders. I think it probably will be:

1. Fredrik Lindgren

2. Hans Andersen

3. Chris Harris

4. Tai Woffinden

There aren't any British riders good enough to be in the GP series, but it appears the GP selection committee, rightly or wrongly, always plump for two Brits. Harris, whilst a also-ran in the GP series in 2009, is our best rider. And Woffinden is our best young rider. So I think they'll be the two Brits seeded into the series.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam