British Speedway Forum
Guest Ashie Smashy

Gollob - 2010 Race Suspension?

Yes he is. At least put your personal grudge against him aside to admit that, cos I'm afraid Gollob will be back in 2010 to bug you further. :rolleyes:

I have no personal grudge with Gollob just hate his attitude. The way he behaved in the SWC springs to mind

Err it wasnt much of a pressure move, minimal contact if that, TG tried top play for the call and didnt get it. Agree that ref's should not think you have to fall to get an exclusion.

If he was TG would have been WC many times now, if the tracks don't suit his style/engine then he doesn't do much simple as, kinda belies your quote don't you think.

No, I don't. Having been involved in speedway and other motorbike sports since the mid 1960's, it is my opinion that Tomasz Gollob is one of the most naturally gifted motorbike riders I have seen and would have been World Champion at least once if the SGP series hadn't of been introduced and one off World Finals had continued. But that is the beauty of sport, everyone can have a different opinion and this forum gives - the sensible ones, the chance of discussing their differences without resorting to personal insults to the competitors or contributors.

In my opinion, Nicki should not have been in the 3rd re-start, and maybe not even the 2nd one, but he was and as a result Gollob parked his bike on the track and we are all having this discussion. Great, isn't it?

Yes he is. At least put your personal grudge against him aside to admit that, cos I'm afraid Gollob will be back in 2010 to bug you further. :rolleyes:

He will be back ok. The man is class, but like all of us has strengths & windows of opportunities. We saw both last night :

Strengths - that amazing 1st & 2nd bend move to go from last to 1st in one of his heats was for me breathtaking to say the least

Windows - parking his bike on track after suffering a huge disappointment & behaving a bit petulantly

I am sure if we all look at ourselves we have great strengths & windows of opportunity. I am sure that Tomasz will learn from this and come back even bigger & better that before. Both Jason & Nicky have done it and achieved that highly sought after goal- to be World Champion.

If I examine my own conscience I am sure I have did a lot worse than park my bike at the start gate :lol:

QUOTE (iris123 @ Oct 18 2009, 02:02 PM)

What planet are you on?

Even if Nicki was excluded i still don't think it was the right decision.And Gollobs behaviour is unexcusable.Terrible attitude from such a seasoned campaigner.Realised all was lost and spat out his dummy........

In other words, if Gollob had thrown himself and the bike down on purpose, cheating I think thats called, then he would have got the decision. It wasn't that bad a contact, as he was able to stay on the bike. 2 ex world champions condoning cheating then. Say no more.

Well, I'm not sure they were condoning cheating, just pointing out what would have happened if Gollob had - which of course he didn't.

Iris, I think you missed the point of my comment, but if you are on a different planet to me, then that probably explains why :-) If Nicki had been excluded for jumping the original start, for riding the rider outside him (twice) rather than the track, then the Gollob incident wouldn't have happened as Nicki would not have been in the 3rd attempt to stage the semi-final.

As I said in another post, isn't sport great that it can encourage so many emotions and different view points?

And, me being on a different planet, can somebody tell me what happened to the Super GP Heat thingy that they had last year? Did it happen again this year, or did I just miss it whilst circling planet zog?

Edited by macca56

I didn't see it live....but watching it this morning do you really think Nicki jumped the start?I watched it a few times and think he made a fantastic start.I am open to other opinions on this,but it to me looked like he didn't move until the tapes were almost all the way up :unsure: He was for sure a split second out before the others,but i couldn't see any movement before the tapes went up

No, I don't. Having been involved in speedway and other motorbike sports since the mid 1960's, it is my opinion that Tomasz Gollob is one of the most naturally gifted motorbike riders I have seen and would have been World Champion at least once if the SGP series hadn't of been introduced and one off World Finals had continued. But that is the beauty of sport, everyone can have a different opinion and this forum gives - the sensible ones, the chance of discussing their differences without resorting to personal insults to the competitors or contributors.

In my opinion, Nicki should not have been in the 3rd re-start, and maybe not even the 2nd one, but he was and as a result Gollob parked his bike on the track and we are all having this discussion. Great, isn't it?

As has been said weather who is wrong or right you go by what the ref thinks .......So Gollob should respect that rather than trying to cause danger by parking his bike where he did ....and that is the bottom line .

I didn't see it live....but watching it this morning do you really think Nicki jumped the start?I watched it a few times and think he made a fantastic start.I am open to other opinions on this,but it to me looked like he didn't move until the tapes were almost all the way up :unsure: He was for sure a split second out before the others,but i couldn't see any movement before the tapes went up

I disagree, Iris, but it all about opinions. He didn't touch the tapes, so he wasn't excluded, that is fact. Then again, Rune appeared to me to jump on one of the re-runs more than Nicki did in the first attempted start.

Highlights of this SGP haven't reached my planet yet :lol:

I do hope that the GP Administrators/FIM hand out a significant ban on Gollob. He has done this before albeit a few years ago and is not only dangerous but could affect the whole result of a race and or meeting.

He is a great rider but a very ill-mannered and ignorant man.

I'm not a fan of NickiP, probably because he's good, he's foreign and doesn't ride for my team :wink: but it did make a refreshing change not to have him excluded, I've watched it over and over again I didn't see anything wrong with the move, Gollob was the one that got out of shape ...... having said that yes what Gollob did by leaving the bike on the track was wrong and nothing can excuse that but cut the fella some slack here, he'd just lost yet another chance of becoming World Champion in his own back yard the last time Tony Rickardsson pipped him.

Each one of those fellas out there wanted to win that final Nicki for being out going Champion and showing what we can expect from him next year he may not be World Champion this year but you just know he'll be back! Leigh Adams well absolutely gutted it was his last GP but nice to see him on the podium. Gollob because he is now World #2 again and wanted to give his home fans something to cheer about on the night.

I'd fine Gollob, it was a heat of the moment decision to leave that bike on the track no one got hurt (yes yes they could of done but they didn't did they!) having said that where was the track staff why didn't one of them rush over and be the hero of the hour?

I'm not a fan of NickiP, probably because he's good, he's foreign and doesn't ride for my team :wink: but it did make a refreshing change not to have him excluded, I've watched it over and over again I didn't see anything wrong with the move, Gollob was the one that got out of shape ...... having said that yes what Gollob did by leaving the bike on the track was wrong and nothing can excuse that but cut the fella some slack here, he'd just lost yet another chance of becoming World Champion in his own back yard the last time Tony Rickardsson pipped him.

Each one of those fellas out there wanted to win that final Nicki for being out going Champion and showing what we can expect from him next year he may not be World Champion this year but you just know he'll be back! Leigh Adams well absolutely gutted it was his last GP but nice to see him on the podium. Gollob because he is now World #2 again and wanted to give his home fans something to cheer about on the night.

I'd fine Gollob, it was a heat of the moment decision to leave that bike on the track no one got hurt (yes yes they could of done but they didn't did they!) having said that where was the track staff why didn't one of them rush over and be the hero of the hour?

Firstly and as you pointed out yourself, this isnt the first time Gollob has been pipped to the title. He isnt a newcomer and isnt young and inexperienced. That sort of thing you could bring yourself to accept from Emil and the younger newer guys but from a seasoned professional it cannot be excused.

I did mention to my dad that one of the stewards could have maybe dragged the bike off track. But this is a fast sport and im guessing all eyes would have been on the racing for fallers. If someone had seen the bike by the time they had registered that Gollob was intending to leave it on track and walk away the red lights would have been on and nothing would have been averted.

Your comment that "no one was hurt" does this mean that we should change all rules and laws to be the same? You are caught drink driving but you shouldnt be banned because no one was hurt? He messed up its time to face the consequences.

Firstly ....... It was my opinion not an official one!!!!

Secondly ... we are all entitled to opinions, you are pretty vocal on this one

Thirdly ...... Drink Driving is something completely different and you are clutching at straws

Fourthly .... One of the track staff must have noticed there was only 3 riders and if they were watching for incidents they would of seen what had happened.

Fifthly ....... Wind ya neck in!

Firstly ....... It was my opinion not an official one!!!!

Secondly ... we are all entitled to opinions, you are pretty vocal on this one

Thirdly ...... Drink Driving is something completely different and you are clutching at straws

Fourthly .... One of the track staff must have noticed there was only 3 riders and if they were watching for incidents they would of seen what had happened.

Fifthly ....... Wind ya neck in!

So you have to be along to give your opinion yet i have to "wind ma neck in" double standards eh. Get a grip i was putting my point across if you dont like it dont reply.

If you watched the race and actually knew anything about speedway you would see that Gollob shut off after the Nicki P incident and was busy waving at the ref its at that point that all attention would have been on the 3 riders racing who were at the other side of the track when Gollob left his bike.

So wind yer neck in.

:lol::lol:

All you've done on this thread is slate Gollob ...... on another thread all you are doing is slating the Brits ...... are you really a speedway fan?

We're all entitled to an opinion, I had mine and you pick it to pieces like you have done others, you had your say and yours is the only opinion that counts is it???? Like I said wind ya neck in :approve:

Oh and you're probably right I'm a bit of a newbie to speedway so apologise for not knowing anything about your sport :oops:

Hiya JB love to Denise xx

Note to self **next time at 'boro have a warp in the loos see what it says :lol:

:lol::lol:

All you've done on this thread is slate Gollob ...... on another thread all you are doing is slating the Brits ...... are you really a speedway fan?

We're all entitled to an opinion, I had mine and you pick it to pieces like you have done others, you had your say and yours is the only opinion that counts is it???? Like I said wind ya neck in :approve:

Oh and you're probably right I'm a bit of a newbie to speedway so apologise for not knowing anything about your sport :oops:

Saying someone isnt good enough is hardly "slating" them. You will also find that there are plenty of English saying the same as i am.

Also a debate/conversation is had by pointing out what you disagree with and putting your point across as to why you disagree. I didnt take what you said to pieces i pointed out where i thought you had over looked matters. Take my civilised debate with Barrow Boy for how a conversation with me can run smoothly if you dont claim to be some sort of victim.

Gollob was in the wrong and should be banned. How you can question that is beyond me