British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Christmas Cracker Speedway Meeting - 27th December 3pm

You're correct .I did enjoy gloating at Bens Misfortune ,and i can tell you for a fact that I was not alone in that . there were many who were not even at the meeting who would have smiled ,when they read the reports of his misfortune . What goes around comes around !!! Am I not allowed to dislike him for some reason? I suppose because he is an English rider that some see potential in, certainly not me , He is beyond reproach for his off track behaviour as well , maybe you should let Lewis Bridger Know that since some also think he is a prospect , he can be as arrogant and badly behaved as he pleases .and will always treated as some sort of hero because he may someday bring some glory back to british speedway . as well as the public embarrasment he has so far.I thought we lived in a democracy where everyone had a right to their own view , but it seems that does not apply to speedway.

You can dislike whoever you want to JIW, it doesn't bother me. I just thought the thread was about Sundays meeting and not stuff elsewhere. Highlight for me was seeing Adam Roynon back on a bike and racing hard.

All i can say is that if there was an extinguisher by the start-line then what the hell we're track staff doing standing around like muppets.

Pretty much the same as those that couldn't be arsed to help Carl Wilkinson i guess.

I'm pleased to see that Adam Roynon had such a superb meeting on his return to the track.

I congratulate him on both his determined fight to get back into action and his on track fight in this meeting. Seven points is a very commendable performance.

I agree Ron. It's wonderful to see Adam back on his bike and performing so well. :approve:

I hope he shows everybody next season what a talent he is.

You leave my stomach out of this,the poor thing is empty after i took b4l pyeman & KZ to kfc after meeting...I only nipped to toilets for a matter of minutes when i came back b4l had wolfed down my full 3 piece variety meal as well as his own :rolleyes:

Great to see you again Sir :approve:

:lol:, I wouldnt do such a thing mate :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for them! :P

:lol:

I must admit your hunger is doing my bodyshape wonders...I was like Vanessa Feltz twin brother when i met you,Now after months of nicked food i'm more like Twiggy.

Even Bob has offered to do a concert for me :shock:

Maybe there was "an" extinguisher, but was it the right type? Was it water, CO2, foam or powder? If the wrong one for a fuel fire was there, then not using it was the right thing to do, which then begs the question, of where the right extinguisher was?

the extinguisher was a powder one ... and yes i have been trained to use them as i work with chemicals on a refinery .. before anyone asks :wink: ... and i was maybe the closest to the fire been stood outside the cafe

Maybe there was "an" extinguisher, but was it the right type? Was it water, CO2, foam or powder? If the wrong one for a fuel fire was there, then not using it was the right thing to do, which then begs the question, of where the right extinguisher was?

I think you'll find water will extinguish a methanol fire (see link)

at the end of the day somebody, somehow, somewhere messed up{ re the fire} but who do we point the finger at?who is going to hold there hands up and say i was to blame.over to you ref would you like give us your side of the story?

I can't believe some of the posts I have read on here!

If a rider doesn't go into a meeting Believing he stood a chance of winning then he may as well not turn up.

So much of Speedway is about confidence, you need to believe in yourself to be able to throw yourself round those corners at the speed they do.

I've never been a fan of riders like Barker and Bridger purely because of the way they conduct themselves off track but its this arrogance that gives them the belief in themselves to make them ride the way they do and they would be nowhere without it.

Jerran is a fantastic prospect who is currently overflowing with confidence and rightly so after some great performances last season. I wouldn't put him in with people like Barker though, I've never seen or heard of him causing trouble and only ever heard good comments regarding his behaviour and team spirit.

at the end of the day somebody, somehow, somewhere messed up{ re the fire} but who do we point the finger at?who is going to hold there hands up and say i was to blame.over to you ref would you like give us your side of the story?

I think you will find that the SCB forbids the referees from ever appearing on a forum like this to give their reasons.

Rugger! I'd love to see what McGregor's report says. Will he be big enough to carry the can or will he coat himself in teflon and blame someone else? One thing's for sure, the issue is now too well known to be not mentioned at all.

Maybe Wanna ought to invite Jerran Hart to his 21st birthday party too...by the way, how many years down the line is it 'til Wanna's 21st?

The Party

by the way, how many years down the line is it 'til Wanna's 21st?

Must be at least 19. :wink: