British Speedway Forum
frenchy

Help Needed For 1977

Can someone please give me rider scores (rides, points, BP's don't need the heat details) for the following meetings held in 1977 ?

10/10/77 League match Bristol at Reading - the yearbook gives the score as 31-47 however it then only gives a total of 30 for the Bristol riders, do you know who got the missing point ? The yearbook has Herne at 17, Gresham at 9 and Boocock at 4. The other 3 riders each scoring 0 each - Woodward, Willmott, Garard.

23/4/77 Missing scores for the abandoned League match between Coventry & Cradley

21/5/77 The yearbook lists 8 riders as scoring points for Cradley against White City. The combined total for the 8 Heathens comes to 44 and not the 43 that it should be - who got a point too many ?

4/6/77 Cradley again. The yearbook says the score was 55-41 to the Heathens but the total for the rides cvomes to 54.

11/6/77 Missing scores for the abandoned Cup match between Halifax & Reading

27/4/77 Missing details for the abandoned Cup match between Poole & Reading

25/9/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Reading & Belle Vue

19/3/77 Missing details for the abandoned Challenge match between Swindon & Reading

12/5/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Wimbledon & Birmingham

30/9/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Wolves & Halifax

In the National League

25/9/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Boston & Newcastle

6/6/77 Missing details for the abandoned NL 4TT Qualifier between Rye, Canterbury, Crayford & Eastbourne

26/4/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Crayford & Stoke

14/10/77 Yearbook has the score between Ellesmere & Newcastle as 51-27 but the total points scored by the Newcastle riders comes to 22 !

9/6/77 Missing details for the abandoned NL 4TT Qualifier between Newport, Oxford, Stoke, Weymouth (at Newport)

5/5/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Oxford & Scunthorpe

25/8/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Oxford & Newport

19/9/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Scunthorpe & Crayford

26/8/77 Missing details for the abandoned Challenge match between Workington & Teeside

1/9/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Stoke & Berwick

11/6/77 Missing details for the abandoned NL 4TT Qualifier between Newport, Oxford, Stoke, Weymouth (at Stoke)

Also looking for the number of rides and bonus points scored by the Ruda Hvezda riders in each of their 7 challenge matches (yearbook only lists points scored).

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

Leave these with me.

Will get you the information you need over the weekend.

Regards

Steve

Leave these with me.

Regards

Steve

Steve, were you the chap I was chatting to, on the train in Poland last year? If so, do you still need the details from that MRC qual round at Oxford? If so, which year was it?

All the best

Rob

Leave these with me.

Regards

Steve

Steve

many thanks much appreciated.

Can someone please give me rider scores (rides, points, BP's don't need the heat details) for the following meetings held in 1977 ?

26/4/77 Missing details for the abandoned League match between Crayford & Stoke

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

Despite what Bryn says ( :wink: ) I was at this abandoned fixture so I'll dig the details out for later today!!!

Reading v Bristol 10/10/77

The missing point belongs to Tony Garrad who finished third in ht 2 ahead of Wilmott

Reading v Belle Vue 25/9/77

The infamous Wassermann guest meeting.Hans had a meeting in Germany and Racers had Neil Middleditch as a guest. Hans missed his plane and was at Smallmead. BV objected to the use of a guest and while eveyone was arguing the rain arrived. Only one race was held.

Jessup, Wilkinson, Humphreys*, C Turner 4-2 63.2

* reserve substitution for Middleditch who was not allowed to take the place of Wassermann

Swindon v Reading 19/3/77

Abandoned after 4 heats:

1 Karlsson, Jessup, Ashby (M), Humphreys 4-2 72.4

2 Bouchard, Ashby(D), Bo Jansson, Taylor(G) (exc) 5-1 72.2

3 Andersson, McNeil, Bengt Jansson, Leigh 5-1 73.2

4 Kilby, Davis, Bouchard, Taylor 4-2 72.8

The Poole match was abandoned after 5 heats due to the death of Kevin Holden - but I don't have details to hand.

Reading v Belle Vue 25/9/77

The infamous Wassermann guest meeting.Hans had a meeting in Germany and Racers had Neil Middleditch as a guest. Hans missed his plane and was at Smallmead. BV objected to the use of a guest and while eveyone was arguing the rain arrived. Only one race was held.

Arnieg many thanks for your help and Parsloes thank you too.

I no longer have my old programmes but I remember being at Smallmead that Sunday. A bumper crowd kept waiting for the best part of an hour before they made up their minds and the clouds rolled in. One heat and that was it, still used the ticket to get in to the next days meeting against the Rebels (which we won).

Those were the days.

Anyone know how 'Split' Wasserman got on after his nasty accident in 1978 ? Other than him missing the world final I don't recall there being any updates on his condition.

Frenchy I went to Coventry v Cradley Heath on 23 April 1977 which was abandoned after 8 heats - details as follows:-

Coventry 26

Ole Olsen 3 3 = 6

Alf Busk 2* 2* 3 = 7 + 2

Mitch Shirra 3 X = 3

Tommy Nilsson 0 0 = 0

Alan Molyneux 1 3 = 4

Dave Mortiboys 1 0 0 = 1

Frank Smith 3 1 1 = 5

Cradley Heath 22

Bernt Persson 0 1* = 1 + 1

Steve Bastable 1 2 2 = 5

Bruce Cribb 2 X = 2

Arthur Price 2* 2* = 4 + 2

Anders Michanek 3 3 = 6

Dave Perks 2 1* 0 = 3 + 1

Bob Valentine F 1 F = 1

Steve, were you the chap I was chatting to, on the train in Poland last year? If so, do you still need the details from that MRC qual round at Oxford? If so, which year was it?

All the best

Rob

Yes I am.

The details were the 1969 round which I have managed to obtain.

Regards

Steve

Meeting:197713 Date: 06JUN77 Track: Rye House Referee: Graham Brodie

Tier: 2 Heats: 4 MOM: Steve Naylor

Event Details: Rye House 7, Canterbury 5, Crayford 4, Eastbourne 8 Abandoned

Rye House: H.Saunders 1, K.Mullarkey 3, B.Garrad 2, A.Pullen 1

Canterbury: T.Casserly 3, L.Rumsey 0, B.Kennett 2, G.Banks 0

Crayford: L.Etheridge 2, A.Sage 0, C.Gooddy 0, A.Johns 2

Eastbourne: C.Richardson 1, S.Naylor 3, D.Kennett 3, R. Abel 1

ht 1 64.4 Kelvin Mullarkey, Alan Johns, Colin Richardson, Graham Banks RH 3 Ca 0 Cr 2 Ea 1

ht 2 64.2 Eric Dugard, Barney Kennett, Hughie Saunders, Colin Gooddy (f.exc) RH 4 Ca 2 Cr 2 Ea 4

ht 3 66.0 Steve Koppe, Bob Garrad, Steve Naylor, Alan Sage (f.exc) RH 6 Ca 5 Cr 2 Ea 5

ht 4 67.8 Dave Kennett, Laurie Etheridge, Ashley Pullen, Les Rumsey RH 7 Ca 5 Cr 4 Ea 8

sorry, correction. Steve Naylor rode in place of Eric Dugard at no. 2 for Eastbourne, and Roger Abel instead of Steve Naylor at no. 3. Correct details therefore below. Original points scorers above did in fact reflect this. cheers mike

ht 1 64.4 Kelvin Mullarkey, Alan Johns, Colin Richardson, Graham Banks RH 3 Ca 0 Cr 2 Ea 1

ht 2 64.2 Steve Naylor, Barney Kennett, Hughie Saunders, Colin Gooddy (f.exc) RH 4 Ca 2 Cr 2 Ea 4

ht 3 66.0 Steve Koppe, Bob Garrad, Roger Abel, Alan Sage (f.exc) RH 6 Ca 5 Cr 2 Ea 5

ht 4 67.8 Dave Kennett, Laurie Etheridge, Ashley Pullen, Les Rumsey RH 7 Ca 5 Cr 4 Ea 8

In fact i now aso realise that T.Cassery rode instead of Steve Koppe at no.1 for Canterbury, Les Rumsey at 2 instead of Bob Spelta and Brendan Shilleto at 5 instead of les rumsey. finally here are the accurate details...this was only my 2nd season attending and my prog changes weren't easy to identify at first look. cheers :blink:

ht 2 64.2 Steve Naylor, Barney Kennett, Hughie Saunders, Colin Gooddy (f.exc) RH 4 Ca 2 Cr 2 Ea 4

ht 3 66.0 Terry Casserly, Bob Garrad, Roger Abel, Alan Sage (f.exc) RH 6 Ca 5 Cr 2 Ea 5

Been in the loft..: got the prog. from the Crayford vs. Stoke (NL) match 26/4/77..

Abandoned due to traditional Tuesday rain inn the north-west Kent area!! :cry:

An unusually eventful three and a bit heats though!!

Scorers were:

Crayford 12

1) Laurie Etheridge 3

2) Richard Davey 1

3) Colin Goody did not complete race

4) Garry May Exc.

5) Alan Sage 3

6) Mike Bessent 2*

7) John Hooper 3

Stoke

1) Colin Farquarshon R/R

2) Trevor Charley 2

3) Tim Nunan Exc

4) Stuart Mountford F

5) Steve McDermott 2

6) Ian Robertson 1

7) Robert Dole Exc.

8) Gerry Hintz 0

Have to say, looking at that ill-fated Stoke line-up doesn't jog too many memories!!! :shock:

Strangely the number eight Hintz was pitched into action as R/R replacement in heat one..!

Raining heavily by heat three but that ended a 3-2 not because of two fallers but because the third finisher my pal Garry May managed to part company with his silencer just before crossing the line! :rolleyes:

Heat four saw Nunan fall and get excluded but it was never rerun. So not sure if the records should show him as having a ride or not...

Many thanks chaps for all your help, it is really appreciated. Just trying to get my records accurate.

Parsloes, intrigued by your 'ill-fated' comment ? I remember about Ian, very tragic, but don't recollect anything regarding the other 7. I've seen a number 8 used similarly but only when that team didn;t think they had a chance and couldn't get anyone else to go out !

Here's the British league missing details yet to be posted.

Cradley V White City 21/5 Nigel Wasley did not ride

Cradley V Belle Vue 4/6 - Nigel Wasley 3 rides 1 point (looks like a typesetting error in the yearbook)

Halifax 29 - Ian Cartwright 6, Chris Pusey 6, Graham Plant 5, Eric Broadbelt (Guest) 5, Mick McKeon 3, Tom Godal 2, Mike Lohmann 2

Reading 12 - Bernie Leigh 5, John Davis 4, Boley Proch 2, Bengt Jansson 1, Dave Jessup 0, Mick Moores 0, Bob Humphreys DNR - barred due to illegal chainguard

1: Pusey, Leigh, Lohmann, Jessup (ef) 67.0

2: Leigh, Godal, McKeon, Moores (exc) 68.2

3: Plant, Broadbelt, Jansson, Proch 67.0

4: Cartwright, Davis, McKeon, Moores (ef) 67.8

5: Broadbelt, Plant, Jessup (ef), Moores (exc) 67.6

6: Pusey, Davis, Lohmann, Leigh 69.2

7: Cartwright, Proch, McKeon, Jansson (ef) No Time

Meeting abandoned - rain

Poole 12 - Eric Broadbelt 3, Malcolm Simmons 2, Kevin Holden 2, Neil Middleditch 2, Colin Gooddy 2, Christer Sjosten 1, Pete Smith 0

Reading 12- Hans Wasserman 5, Dave Jessup 3, Bernie Leigh 3, Bengt Jansson, 1, John Davis 0, Bob Humphreys 0, Glyn Taylor 0

1: Jessup, Simmons, Sjosten, Humphreys 66.2

2: Wasserman, Middleditch, Gooddy, Taylor 68.4

3: Leigh, Holden, Jansson, Smith 69.2

4: Broadbelt, Wasserman, Gooddy, Davis (ef) 69.4

Meeting abandoned - fatality

Wimbledon 28 - Mick Hines 7, Larry Ross 7, Roger Johns 4, Colin Richardson 4, Stefan Salmonsson 3, Edward Jancarz 3 Edgar Stangeland R/R

Birmingham 14 - Lou Sansom 6, Carl Askew 3, Jan Gravningen 3, Alan Grahame 2, Malcolm Shakespeare 0, Ray Wilson 0 (only 6 riders - R/R in operation ?)

1: Jancarz, Hines, Grahame, Wilson (f/x) 60.2

2: Salmonsson, Richardson, Askew, Sansom 62.1

3: Ross, Johns, Gravningen, Askew (f) 61.6

4: Sansom, Hines, Richardson, Shakespeare 60.5

5: Ross, Johns, Grahame, Gravningen (f, rem) 61.4

6: Sansom, Askew, Ross, Jancarz (f) 60.4

7: Hines, Gravningen, Richardson, Grahame 62.7

Meeting abandoned - rain

Wolverhampton 5 - Jim McMillan 3, George Hunter 2

Halifax 0 - Mick Mckeon 0, Mike Lohmann 0

1: McMillan, Hunter, McKeon (f), Lohmann (ret) 69.0

Meeting abandoned - rain

Coventry V Cradley Heath - Missing heat details below

1: Olsen, Busk, Bastable, Persson 66.0

2: Smith, Perks, Mortiboys, Valentine (f) 69.0

3: Michanek, Price, Molyneux, Nilsson 68.4

4: Shirra, Cribb, Perks, Mortiboys 68.4

5: Molyneux, Bastable, Persson, Nilsson 67.8

6: Olsen, Busk, Valentine, Perks, Cribb (exc) 68.6

7: Michanek, Price, Smith, Mortiboys, Shirra (exc) 69.4

8: Busk, Bastable, Smith, Valentine (f) 69.6

National League information to follow shortly !

Steve

Edited by steve19620