British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike.Butler

1980's Referee - C. Ringstrom

There was a top FIM referee called Nils Ringstrom who was the former Long Eaton rider.

There was also (I think) a Charles Ringblom (?) who was some SVEMO official, although I'm not as sure with this information.

If its any help a C.Ringstrom was down in my prog to referee the 2nd May 1981 world team cup round at Smallmead involving Aus, NZ, Aus and England.

Christer rings a bell

No it is definitely Ringblom,not sure of his first name though :lol:

No it is definitely Ringblom,not sure of his first name though :lol:

As previously suggested Ringblom's christian name is indeed Charles.

Edited by LucyPG

As previously suggested Ringblom's christian name is indeed Charles.

There is also Carl Ringblom who is listed as one of the Honorary Vice-Presidents of Commissions and Panels at the FIM.

So far as C Ringstrom is concerned I have only managed to find another meeting where he was the FIM referee - the 1979 Commonwealth Final at White City where his surname is actually spelt Ringstroem. More dectective work needed!

The best known Swedish Referee of the recnt past was CHRISTER BERGSTROM..his father was teh legendary ARNIE..a real bastion of SVEMO.

The better known RINGBLOM was indeed Charles..known as Pompi...a lovely odl boy who again was somebody everyoen in Swedish Speedway feared