British Speedway Forum

Michal will feature on Radio Borders Sports Show on Friday evening live, just minutes prior to taking to the track in heat 1 at the Scottish Open at Armadale Stadium. Listen in to Michal as he previews the action for this weekend, including the Scottish Open, and both legs of the Tyne/ Tweed Trophy vs Newcastle. He will also talk about his Testimonial Meeting, which now looms large, on March 27th, at Shielfield Park, with a very prompt 7pm start.

Your chance to win tickets to Michal’s Testimonial Meeting, through an exclusive competition in conjunction with Radio Borders starting Friday throughout the day. Tune in for your chance to win one of 3 Family Tickets on offer.

On Saturday night at Shielfield Park, prior and during the meeting with the Newcastle Diamonds, you could enter our raffle to win Michal’s 2009 speedway bike. This is decked out in Berwick Bandits livery, with Michal’s bike covers also part of the prize. The bike is Premier League standard, and is ready to race. You could be the owner of a speedway bike for only £5.00... that’s right only a fiver for a chance to own your own speedway bike worth over £2500. The raffle will continue through the 2010 season and will be drawn at Berwick Speedway's End of Season Party on October 30th.

Edited by Flipper

GP star to replace the unlucky Complin

Kenneth Bjerre is the man, Michal’s Testimonial Committee have turned to, to fill the spot, that was originally earmarked for Lee Complin.

Lee was involved in a nasty crash on Saturday night, whilst leading his second race, falling whilst clear in front, and the following Paul Clews doing remarkably well to lay his bike down. Lee though was struck by Clews bike and the impact sustained resulted in a broken arm for the unlucky Yorkshireman. For news on Lee’s condition, please consult www.berwickspeedway.co.uk.

This left the Testimonial Committee, with a blank space in the programme, and after sounding out a couple of riders, it quickly became apparent that Bjerre, was a tremendous replacement. The Peterborough flyer, and GP star can’t wait to tackle the fast bends at Shielfield once more, having not appeared at the circuit since his informative years with local neighbours, Newcastle Diamonds.

Kenneth Bjerre is the man, Michal’s Testimonial Committee have turned to, to fill the spot, that was originally earmarked for Lee Complin.

Lee was involved in a nasty crash on Saturday night, whilst leading his second race, falling whilst clear in front, and the following Paul Clews doing remarkably well to lay his bike down. Lee though was struck by Clews bike and the impact sustained resulted in a broken arm for the unlucky Yorkshireman. For news on Lee’s condition, please consult www.berwickspeedway.co.uk.

This left the Testimonial Committee, with a blank space in the programme, and after sounding out a couple of riders, it quickly became apparent that Bjerre, was a tremendous replacement. The Peterborough flyer, and GP star can’t wait to tackle the fast bends at Shielfield once more, having not appeared at the circuit since his informative years with local neighbours, Newcastle Diamonds.

Superb addition to the line up, well done to all involved in putting together a fab. line up with EL stars such as Chris Harris, Olly Allen, Ben Barker, Kenneth Bjerre, Jason Doyle and some of the cream of the PL with apart from Michal, Adrian, Paul from Berwick add, Doolan, Topinka, Lyons, Ashworth, Larsen, Franc, Wilkinson, Grieves and Ryan Fisher I understand too riding.

Superb addition to the line up, well done to all involved in putting together a fab. line up with EL stars such as Chris Harris, Olly Allen, Ben Barker, Kenneth Bjerre, Jason Doyle and some of the cream of the PL with apart from Michal, Adrian, Paul from Berwick add, Doolan, Topinka, Lyons, Ashworth, Larsen, Franc, Wilkinson, Grieves and Ryan Fisher I understand too riding.

You are correct Ryan Fisher is riding, lining up alongside his USA buddy Sam Ermolenko in a series of demo rides, which Sam and Ryan are co-ordinating, to ensure maximum entertainment for the Berwick public. Ryan is one of the best showmen in the sport at present, and to be on the same track as the master himself Sam Ermolenko, was an honour that Ryan jumped at.

The message is bring along your family, friends and work colleagues, as the evening is promising to be an un-parralleled humdinger of a meeting, where the stand-out GP boys will have to be at their best to stave off the opposition, all of whom are Shielfield experts.

Awful luck for Lee and the Club, but an excellent replacement to make up a really exciting lineup.

Should be the night that the Mighty Makovsky so thoroughly deserves.

:approve:

So is Fish not riding in the meeting proper?

check out Michal Makovsky Official Website for all the details.

NB full 20 heats Individual + support races from Sam and Ryan (Battle of the US) - these will be good, can't say too much, as want to keep a little surprise for the spectators.

No increase on normal admission charges - £14.00 for adults, £10.00 senior citizens and £5.00 for children. Full colour 36 page programme - an incredible bargain at only £2.00.

Terrific line-up. I'm a bit disappointed that there's no Monarch in the line-up to be honest though. Might make the trip down, would certainly have if Sir Fisher was included. Bomber, Barker and Bjerre is a draw though, so well done.

Edited by ChrissySW

Do you know if there is a family ticket available and what age are children for the child price. Thanks.

A family ticket is available for two adults and two children for only £30.

Children under 5 are free, 6-16 are £5.00.

Terrific line-up. I'm a bit disappointed that there's no Monarch in the line-up to be honest though. Might make the trip down, would certainly have if Sir Fisher was included. Bomber, Barker and Bjerre is a draw though, so well done.

Ryan was included in the original line-up, but had a commitment in Poland, so had to withdraw, however he has subsequently made himself available to Michal only last week. During which time, Jason Doyle had been booked to appear, Ryan though readily agreed to 'race' with Mr Ermolenko, and support Michal.

We did think to include an Edinburgh rider in the line-up, but circumstances have decreed otherwise, and I think we have a smashing line-up, of racers to put on a show for Michal.

Come on down - there is no 'hike' in admission prices, due to the backing of great sposorship from local businesses and individuals. We thank each and everyone of them for their donations to Michal's fund.

Thanks to the Edinburgh promotion rearranging tonights rained off meeting between the Monarchs and the Tigers for tomorrow night it means James Grieves and Ryan Fisher wont be able to ride in Michals meeting.

Thanks to the Edinburgh promotion rearranging tonights rained off meeting between the Monarchs and the Tigers for tomorrow night it means James Grieves and Ryan Fisher wont be able to ride in Michals meeting.

yes a very 'strange' decision to move a challenge match to clash with this meeting.

i can imagine the frustration the organisers of this meeting must feel, frustration maybe putting it mildly

how many glasgow and edinburgh fans had planned to head down for this no-one knows, 150 maybe ?

i wish michal and the organisers of this meeting the very best of luck, i hope its a big success

yes a very 'strange' decision to move a challenge match to clash with this meeting.

i can imagine the frustration the organisers of this meeting must feel, frustration maybe putting it mildly

how many glasgow and edinburgh fans had planned to head down for this no-one knows, 150 maybe ?

i wish michal and the organisers of this meeting the very best of luck, i hope its a big success

But it works both ways,there may very well have been Edinburgh and Glasgow fans wanting to be at the Makovsky meeting but there would have been Berwick fans who may have attended the speedway at Edinburgh.

But they have made their decision,we will still have a great night celebrating Berwicks all-time points scorer. :approve:

I know what meeting i am going to and it ain't the one at Armadump :lol: but to one of my favourite PL riders testimonial :approve: