British Speedway Forum

Think it is fair to say this meeting is going to be very well supported with fans from all over making the journey, what i would like to ask is does anyone know if there is going to be any significant extra parking available on the day? and are people allowed or will be allowed to park there cars down that very long toll road which would be very handy if you come from the Harlow side?

Think it is fair to say this meeting is going to be very well supported with fans from all over making the journey, what i would like to ask is does anyone know if there is going to be any significant extra parking available on the day? and are people allowed or will be allowed to park there cars down that very long toll road which would be very handy if you come from the Harlow side?

Go via Dobbs weir, and park in Pindar Road. 10 minute walk, more or less, avoiding the inevitable gridlock, before and after the meeting.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

I'd like to point out the car park and rye road just outside the stadium are terrible surface wise at the moment. I had to drop someone off at the train station on Monday and there were potholes galore, there is a square manhole cover at the entrance to the carpark which is now pretty much exposed whilst the rest of the car park resembles a motorcross track. Be careful unless you want your suspension shot to bits!

I'd like to point out the car park and rye road just outside the stadium are terrible surface wise at the moment. I had to drop someone off at the train station on Monday and there were potholes galore, there is a square manhole cover at the entrance to the carpark which is now pretty much exposed whilst the rest of the car park resembles a motorcross track. Be careful unless you want your suspension shot to bits!

Cheers Ben,although I think my suspension will be shot to bits by the time I get there......the Moose is riding shotgun :blink::lol::P

I will be there if anyone fancies meeting. Looking forward to some banter with my old mate Norbold and one or two more friends! :)

I still cant believe Len thinks he can charge EL standard prices when he doesnt even show EL standard racing and not expect it to effect his overall crowds. Still its his business afterall and if he wants to lose the punters by over pricing meetings, then he'll suffer in the long term for it. Im now happy to know that it'll cost me and my Dad £30 for the two of us for the Ben meeting. I cant wait to see the likes of Crump, Pedersen and Lindgren riding round the tight lines of Rye and on a Sitera note, I think he'll be right a home round Rye being a gating tart and all. If he can road block round Arena, he'll have no problem doing it round Rye. I expect him to be in the top 10.

Firstly on the standard of racing, this mythology seems to have grown up without foundation. I take it you you've been to the House on an occasional basis and maybe seen the odd bad meeting? Personally, I'd say the matches I've seen at Lakeside have been far worse in terms of racing quality - in fact, RH is no worse than any other track for quality. What basis do you have to say otherwise?

As for the cost of admission, in relation to the costs of running a meeting I'd say it's perfectly reasonable. Maybe it's your expectations that are out of kilter?

i'm not a fan of individual or challenge meetings, in fact i've been to very few in the last twenty years. for this event i'm probably going to make the effort, it's for a very good cause and it will be interesting to see how these world class riders perform on the tricky rye house circuit.

Tony I don't believe it - an individual for you at House, next you'll be telling me Chris will be turning up as well!

See you on Sunday.

Eddie

Edited by WembleyLion

My ratings for this event

1 JASON CRUMP, 4204

2 NICKI PEDERSEN, 4114

3 FREDDIE LINDGREN, 3838

4 LEIGH ADAMS, 3672

5 TAI WOFFINDEN, 3360

6 KRZYSZTOF KASPRZAK, 3356

7 ADAM SHIELDS, 3313

8 SCOTT NICHOLLS, 3183

9 NIELS KRISTIAN IVERSEN, 3111

10 EDWARD KENNETT, 2952

11 RORY SCHLEIN, 2839

12 KEVIN DOOLAN, 2820

13 TOMAS TOPINKA, 2779

14 BEN BARKER, 2731

15 DANNY KING, 2656

16 STEVE JOHNSTON, 2578

17 CHRIS NEATH, 2508

18 FILIP SITERA, 2202

19 CRAIG WATSON, 2198

20 VIKTOR BERGSTROM. 2109

A very hard meeting for Wato, but he knows the track quite well.

As long as he completes his rides injury free and picks up a few points, I'll be happy. :approve:

Took a detour and drove into the car park today, all holes are now filled and it proved to be a smooth ride compared to the last time! :wink:

Go via Dobbs weir, and park in Pindar Road. 10 minute walk, more or less, avoiding the inevitable gridlock, before and after the meeting.

thanks for the advice but whats a dobbs weir :unsure: sorry never been to rye before :neutral:

thanks for the advice but whats a dobbs weir :unsure: sorry never been to rye before :neutral:

Sorry bruno, I just assumed you were familiar with the area. If you are coming from Harlow, you could take the A414, which will then lead to the A10. Follow the signs to the M25 until and take the next exit. Go straight acroos the roundabout at the end of the slip road, and then left at the next roundabout. You will now be in Essex road. take the first left after Jewsons, and that will be Pindar road. If you can find a space anywhere here, then do so. As Pindar road starts to bear right, there is a left turn, which goes up and over the railway line. You will see the Stadium as you go over. Take the left turn at the bottom, and follow the road. At the top of this road, I'm sure it will be obvious where to go!

Edited by srbramble

As for the cost of admission, in relation to the costs of running a meeting I'd say it's perfectly reasonable. Maybe it's your expectations that are out of kilter?

Does anyone pay..? :blink:

When I 'worked' the Rye House turnstiles for our STUK meeting there end of last season a good 80% of those turning up tried to blag their way in..!! :rolleyes:

Sorry bruno, I just assumed you were familiar with the area. If you are coming from Harlow, you could take the A414, which will then lead to the A10. Follow the signs to the M25 until and take the next exit. Go straight acroos the roundabout at the end of the slip road, and then left at the next roundabout. You will now be in Essex road. take the first left after Jewsons, and that will be Pindar road. If you can find a space anywhere here, then do so. As Pindar road starts to bear right, there is a left turn, which goes up and over the railway line. You will see the Stadium as you go over. Take the left turn at the bottom, and follow the road. At the top of this road, I'm sure it will be obvious where to go!

Isn't it double yellows in Pindar Road?

Not sure what the parking restrictions are on a Sunday, but I wouldn't put it past the local council to send out a team of wardens.

Edited by Shadders