British Speedway Forum

Not quite the answer they were looking for really was it!

Sorry Bruno, cant help but hopefully someone can pull a racecrad together for you.

Only been to Rye house a couple of times and I have a slight worry.

Gates open 11 or 11.30am apparently according to someone last night (not read back through the thread sorry).

So some people will head off to the stadium very early.

Am I right in saying there is only one road leading up to the stadium?

If so, and all this congestion is expected, can we expect a delayed start as the riders wont be able to get into the stadium??

i can also see riders not turning up on time due to the amount of traffic!

Have been put on a downer now after reading the last 3 pages of this thread....! Talk of drunken disorderly behaviour with no policing.....riders not being able to get in to the stadium due to the roads being grid-locked....etc ! Blimey ! And to think my only concern up to now has been where to park, and whether I'll be able to get a seat or not ! :unsure:

Have been put on a downer now after reading the last 3 pages of this thread....! Talk of drunken disorderly behaviour with no policing.....riders not being able to get in to the stadium due to the roads being grid-locked....etc ! Blimey ! And to think my only concern up to now has been where to park, and whether I'll be able to get a seat or not ! :unsure:

No idea why drunken behavior has been mentioned. Are we going to have this before every meeting?

Weather looks fine for tomorrow, see you all there. :approve:

Hmm, BBC site says they'll be the odd shower. Am sure that won't cause a dawn call-off. Can we be so sure that the same will apply to NL meetings scheduled for the track later on in the season I wonder though....! :blink:

Not the only worry for me. As the gates open at 11am, I assume that many will start drinking when the bar opens. That's going to give people about 3 hours drinking time before a wheel has turned, let alone the 2 hours or so meeting time. Are we to suffer some of the drunken behaviour experienced by a few at Cardiff?

You must be thinking of your fellow Tottenham fans - they, of course, have to drink to forget!!! :wink::lol:

i think everyone is forgetting what this meeting is all about Zonks, ignore it!!!

Can all fans attending the meeting follow these instructions.

(1) If you are planning to meet up for a pre meeting drinks, can please do it at the nearest coffee shop, do not go to the pub, if you find the pub to tempting please restrict yourself to no more than one drink, and use a straw it will make your drink last longer.

(2) No Shouting.

(3) No Air Horns.

(4) No reserving seats with your coats.

(5) If you must have curry make sure you don't spill it, it stains your jeans (That one is for Shadders)

(6) No Brummies fans.

(7) No negative reference to the Rye House track, i.e, calling it Dry House, or any reference to how much dust there is in the air or where is the dirt.

(8) Enjoy yourself

Happy now Bramble. :wink::lol:

Edited by spin king

Can all fans attending the meeting follow these instructions.

(1) If you are planning to meet up for a pre meeting drinks, can please do it at the nearest coffee shop, do not go to the pub, if you find the pub to tempting please restrict yourself to no more than one drink, and use a straw it will make your drink last longer.

(2) No Shouting.

(3) No Air Horns.

(4) No reserving seats with your coats.

(5) If you must have curry make sure you don't spill it, it stains your jeans (That one is for Shadders)

(6) No Brummies fans.

(7) Enjoy yourself

Happy now Bramble. :wink::lol:

Straw makes you get drunk quicker even after one drink! :wink:

Straw makes you get drunk quicker even after one drink! :wink:

Sssssssssh keep that one quiet. :wink:

Can't wait for this, all the talk of a late start because of riders being late has made me laugh though, most of these riders race in more than one country meaning lots of flights etc and they aren't late for their meetings around the world, so why would one road leading to rye house stump them :lol:

Can't wait for this, all the talk of a late start because of riders being late has made me laugh though, most of these riders race in more than one country meaning lots of flights etc and they aren't late for their meetings around the world, so why would one road leading to rye house stump them :lol:

I agree Ben, if the riders are smart, then they'll turn up around the time the gates open and shouldnt be of cause of them being late.

Just about to set off, whats the weather like up there?

Sunny and not a cloud in the sky.

Bloody Women, the missus has just told me i have got to put a chest of draws together before i can go to this meeting, well she can go and piss orf, well i must fly some work to do before i leave the house. :rolleyes:

I'm offski on me's way now. methanol, take a deep breath & aaaahhhh lovely. :approve: