British Speedway Forum

Lmao nice one Chris....hard cheese Troy just got a little bit too desperate to DO Chris....the inferiority complex goes on........

Lmao nice one Chris....hard cheese Troy just got a little bit too desperate to DO Chris....the inferiority complex goes on........

What have you got to feel inferior about, hagonshocker? :blink:

Troy was very gracious in defeat after the meeting, while Chris was magnanimous in Victory: they'll be sharing a few glasses together by now.

That's what Aussie Speedway's all about. :approve:

Rory was rapt - job done: Darcy's over the moon - what a last twelve months!

Cam was great tonight; all class.

There's a band playing in the bar downstairs and the pub (Irish, btw) where I'm staying won't be closing for a couple of hours - see ya! B)

Absolutely gutted that Batchelor missed out. In his head he know he's the real Champ!

How do you make that out? The man with the most points won.

Think you will find this was ironic humour. Batchelor not one of Frigbo's favourite people! :rolleyes:

Heard from a certain Aussie who will be gracing these shores for 2010 that Batchelor made a right bufoon of himself in the B final, attempting to pull Ward's kill switch.

Dear oh dear, what a sore loser!

What have you got to feel inferior about, hagonshocker? :blink:

Troy was very gracious in defeat after the meeting, while Chris was magnanimous in Victory: they'll be sharing a few glasses together by now.

That's what Aussie Speedway's all about. :approve:

Rory was rapt - job done: Darcy's over the moon - what a last twelve months!

Cam was great tonight; all class.

There's a band playing in the bar downstairs and the pub (Irish, btw) where I'm staying won't be closing for a couple of hours - see ya! B)

Bfd ive NOTHING to feel inferior about! wouldnt be so sure about TB though.....question though....have you aussie tinted specs about EVERY aussie rider mate?! personally over the moon about Chris winning...let Troy concentrate on wHining! :lol:

How do you make that out? The man with the most points won.

It's whoosh o'clock! :rolleyes:

Hard luck Troy :cry::cry:

Heard from a certain Aussie who will be gracing these shores for 2010 that Batchelor made a right bufoon of himself in the B final, attempting to pull Ward's kill switch.

Dear oh dear, what a sore loser!

But surely BFD said that Troy was gracious in defeat. Must have his Aussie eyes on again. WTF. :lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Must have his Aussie eyes on again.

.....question though....have you aussie tinted specs about EVERY aussie rider mate?!

While I've got a few personal favourites I've got a deep respect for EVERY rider, regardless of nationality, who has the guts and determination to jump on a 500cc motorcycle with no brakes. Isn't that what being a Speedway Fan is all about?

As for Aussie-tinted spectacles, what's wrong with supporting your Countrymen? Some of you mob ought to try it for a change.

But surely BFD said that Troy was gracious in defeat.

I did; he was.

Maybe if you'd been there you'd have heard him too. Troy's maturing both as a rider and a person; some folks on here could learn a lot from him. Alas its evidently easier on Internet Forums, such as the BSF, for people with chips on their shoulders or the mentality of fishwives to snipe from behind cover or spread scurrilous, malicious and unsubstantiated gossip.

Nice going Chris H... I am surprised though that Batchelor lost it. He had so much comfort with 4 points ahead. He only needed to get into the final. Holder said before the meeting that Newcastle is his favorite track and that seems to have helped him. Still congrats to Troy for outstanding performance in Aussie Champs this year.

Bronze for Ward and in my opinion disappointment for Schlein. What happened to Lemon? I noticed he didn't ride.

BTW sportowefakty.pl again did 'live transmission' based on Sue's updates. However, this time they gave her credit in two places. :) źródło: speedwayupdates.co.uk (source: speedwayupdates.co.uk) in the news on the main page and then also on the page with updates. Looks like it was worth bringing it up.

Edited by Dexter

Bronze for Ward and in my opinion disappointment for Schlein. What happened to Lemon? I noticed he didn't ride.

Rory was well pleased; he came out with the intention of finishing in the top four without damaging himself, his gear or any other rider.

Lemo took two nasty tumbles last weekend and withdrew, replaced by Joe Haines.

Hello,

I've just come back from Newcastle for the final round of the championship.

I haven't got the score card with me, and I didn't keep notes during the meeting, but the following are some of the moments that stood out for me.

The first round of the night's racing was boring, with all riders pretty much line astern.

The extended track grading before the second round was even more boring; but after that the meeting improved, with some passing and some aggressive riding.

I thought Troy was a bit rude for his first corner fencing effort on Chris Holder in their heat race. Chris set off after him and the two riders were so focused on their personal battle they missed the chequered flag, and raced flat strap for another lap. Chris looked like he tried to take Troy's front wheel out when they were slowing down, and then they started their back straight "discussion". Troy played to the crowd after Holder took off to the pits, which would have looked better if he went on to win the big prize. Would have loved to have been in the pits....For the record, I don't know Batchelor at all, and only know Holder a little bit - so it's just based on what I saw from the stands.

Batchelor's next race had him up against James Holder. I wondered if James would feed him a wheel, but Troy took off from the start and was never headed.

Corey Gathercole put in a couple of determined rides, and one race in particular a couple of his opponents shook their heads complaining of his tactics. From where I sat, I thought those rides of his were just hard, fast and tough - great stuff. And yet other rides he didn't show the same aggression.

Davies and Doyle had a hard fall in a first turn incident; but they both came back out for the re-start - gutsy stuff.

Jason Doyle's effort in the same race to push his bike a whole lap to gain 1 point, after his bike failed through Turn 4 on the penultimate lap.

Darcy Ward rides like a winner - and yes I know he's reigning World U21 champion, but I haven't seen him ride very often.

The tension before both the B Final and then the A Final - knowing what was hinging on the results.

Chris Holder's efforts to win the championship at this meeting. When he had to deliver championship winning rides - he did.

I didn't like it when the lady sitting next to me threw up halfway through the meeting. She was from England and was on a tour, which included the 3 rounds of the championship series. Maybe our local Dagwood Dogs hadn't agreed with her? Thankfully there was little or no breeze, so I couldn't smell anything. I felt sorry for her, and her Scottish friend who had to stop watching the meeting and go attend to her. I hope she is OK now!

I also didn't like driving the 650 mile round trip - all done within a 24 hour period - to watch the racing. A bloke must be mad...

And finally a big thank you to all those involved in keeping us updated with results during the 3 rounds. Very much appreciated.

Michael Carscadden

Canberra

Australia

I don't often comment on here but would like to thank you BFD for your meeting reports. I find them both amusing and refreshingly enthusiastic. You obviously love your speedway.

Good on yer for supporting your fellow aussies, most Brits just want to criticise!

My own son was a speedway & longtrack rider until forced to quit after suffering injury. He & his wife are out there enjoying the climate, and speedway, this year. I could not, and will never, understand all the negativity connected with British fans.

Long may you continue to enjoy and maybe we will meet one day :lol: Oh, by the way, I've just watched a re-run production 'crashes & cock-ups', do you feature on it??

Edited by motherread