1. Robert Ksiezak

2. Justin Sedgmen

3. Josh Grajczonek

4. Alex Davies

5. Josh Auty

6. Joe Haines

R1. Joe Haines

R2. Dakota North

These guys advance to the final series. I am so happy to see Sedgmen going ahead. The kid made a lot of progress this year and should soon follow Ward in better results among Aussie youngsters.

Crazysue - I love the text in read on the top of the website. :D:lol: But don't worry - Polish websites will just put 'British forum' as source of information and you will not prove them they copied from you.

May thanks for the updates

So...

1. Robert Ksiezak

2. Justin Sedgmen

3. Josh Grajczonek

4. Alex Davies

5. Josh Auty

6. Joe Haines

R1. Joe Haines

R2. Dakota North

These guys advance to the final series. I am so happy to see Sedgmen going ahead. The kid made a lot of progress this year and should soon follow Ward in better results among Aussie youngsters.

Crazysue - I love the text in read on the top of the website. :D:lol: But don't worry - Polish websites will just put 'British forum' as source of information and you will not prove them they copied from you.

Well we'd know if they copied you they'd get the names wrong. Try 6. James Holder. ;)

Meanwhile, from the Gillman site:

Round One of the 2010 Australian 500cc Solo Motorcycle Championship, presented by CBS Bins and Tucker Time For Pets, takes place this Saturday night (2 January) at Adelaide's Gillman Speedway.

Ten riders have been seeded by Motorcycling Australia and they are joined by a further six riders from a Qualifying Meeting held at Mildura Speedway on Wednesday night (30 December).

The seeded riders are:

Troy Batchelor (Qld) – current South Australian Champion

Jason Doyle (NSW)

Cory Gathercole (Vic) – former Victorian & Western Australian Champion

Chris Holder (NSW) – 2008 Australian Champion; 2010 World Championship GP rider

Mark Lemon (Vic) – former Victorian Champion

Sam Masters (NSW)

Ty Proctor (Vic) – current Victorian Champion

Rory Schlein (NT) – 4 times South Australian Champion

Darcy Ward (Qld) – current Australian Under 21, World Under 21, and New South Wales Champion

Cameron Woodward (Vic) – 3 times Victorian Champion

The six qualifiers are Robert Ksiezak (SA), Justin Sedgmen (Vic), Josh Grajczonek (Qld), Alex Davies (NSW), Josh Auty (Eng) and James Holder (NSW). The first reserve is Joe Haines (Eng) and the second reserve is Dakota North (Vic).

Format:

16 riders x 20 heats, Semi-Final & Final

4th to 7th highest scorers to the semi-final; winner of the semi-final and highest three scorers to the final

Support Events:

Sidecars – Byren Gates (Vic), Trent Headland (SA), Tony Puddy (SA), Brenton Dwyer (SA), Dale Milner (Vic).

Gillman Under 16 125cc Solo Championship on infield junior track.

16 riders x 20 heats plus semi-final and final.

Declan Adams, Matt Barton, Max Fricke (Vic), Dakota Ballantyne, Ryan Hatcliffe, Seth Hickey, Robert Medson, Jake Mitchell, Luke Mitchell, Arthur Sissis (SA), Bryce Brigden, Harley Brigden, Ellis Perks (Qld), Ben Cook, Zac Cook, Brady Kurtz (NSW), Kane Turner (SA, reserve)

If the quality of the juniors is anything like Mildura we're in for a ripper show. I'd love to see Robert Medson and Arthur Sissis on 350s but we've got the carts instead - should be educational for the Pomgolian Tourists.

Edited by BigFatDave

Just thought I'd gather up my thoughts about the Qualifier (now I'm sober):

Josh Auty - came out like a hurricane in Ht 1 but struggled against those who knew the way around Olympic Park.

Robert Branford - wasn't helped by blowing up his new GM in his second heat but never gave up.

Alex Davies - solid, has improved considerably.

Ryan Sedgmen - apart from one heat he still hasn't recaptured the form prior to his busted pelvis - C'mon Ryan!!

Jake Anderson - another improver who'll go well in Pomgolia this season.

Justin Sedgmen - ready for the next step up, a huge prospect.

Josh Grajczonek - definitely benefited from last season, a flat tyre in Ht 14 but he still brought the bike in home second place.

Matt Jones - a last-minute replacement, well done for stepping into the breach.

Robert Ksiezak - a worthy winner on the night, only beaten once in a thriller.

Mitchell Davey - started out well but couldn't go on with it, more to come from him, I'm sure.

Joe Haines - ultra-enthusiastic rider who took a couple of races to work the track out, then shone.

Brock Gates - showed enough to know he'll improve.

Mark Jones - great to see the Jones boy back.

Ricky Wallace - what happened?

James Holder - catching his beak in the start tapes nearly derailed his night but he came back well.

Dakota North - a solid night, unlucky to fall in the race-off, definitely more to come.

Some great racing, none better than Ht 16 with Justin coming from 3rd to first, passing first Robbie Ksiezak then James Holder in a ding-dong battle that wasn't over 'til the chequered flag waved. Only weak spots for me? No parade of riders at the start; I would have thought the riders deserved to be introduced and the fans would have appreciated it, but in fairness maybe because it was a work night they were trying to ensure they got through the meeting promptly; first four heats were very dusty, an application of Mighty Murray Riverwater five minutes before tapes up would have helped - apart from that the track was the best I've seen at Olympic Park, and one of the announcers (not BJ) repeatedly telling us Josh Grajczonek was from SA. Great to catch up with old chums again including a certain Welsh Git and the reappearance of the Sock Bar; the heat brought out the scantily-dressed young ladies and the party in the clubhouse afterwards was well worth the trip; this series will be a ripper.

We have tricked them on occasions to catch them out......and a nicely written email soon follows from a Polish friend.

Not much we can do to stop them though apart from banning the worst offenders, although most now give some credit.

We have tricked them on occasions to catch them out......and a nicely written email soon follows from a Polish friend.

Not much we can do to stop them though apart from banning the worst offenders, although most now give some credit.

How many meeting is Oz championships over? Anyone know the scoring format?

How many meeting is Oz championships over? Anyone know the scoring format?

There are three rounds - tomorrow at Gillman, Sunday at Mildura and then on the 9th at Newcastle. Points are 20 for first down to 2 for 16th. Have a look at http://www.ma.org.au/AM/Template.cfm?Secti...entFileID=53436 for full details...including the prize fund!

Thank You

Hope Josh G and Robert can get confidence from good performances :)

Anyone know what time GMT that the meetring starts at tomorrow?

The Gillman meeting starts at 7.30pm (Australian time) therefore that calculates to:

8.30am UK time. (I think - ran out of fingers and had to start using my toes!!!) :unsure::lol:

Edited by Sandie

My ratings for this event

1 Chris Holder 3720

2 Troy Batchelor 3152

3 Jason Doyle 2921

4 Darcy Ward 2908

5 Tyron Proctor 2777

6 Rory Schlein 2747

7 Mark Lemon 2598

8 Cameron Woodward 2583

9 Cory Gathercole 2375

10 Josh Auty 2225

11 Sam Masters 2202

12 Justin Sedgmen 2141

13 Josh Grajczonek 2090

14 Robert Ksiezak 2029

15 Alex Davies 1909

16 James Holder 1892

Personally, I think that Schlein will be Holder's biggest rival, especially in Gillman. Rory grew up in SA and won quite a few meetings in there. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to beat Chris in that first round. Batchelor and Ward should battle for 3-rd place with possible distractions from Woodward and Lemon.

Personally, I think that Schlein will be Holder's biggest rival, especially in Gillman. Rory grew up in SA and won quite a few meetings in there. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to beat Chris in that first round. Batchelor and Ward should battle for 3-rd place with possible distractions from Woodward and Lemon.

Rory's from Darwin, Dexter. How he goes depends on how he's pulled up after that crash at Ippo (after that crash at Brandon, etc, etc).

Naturally as a Territorian I hope Rory does well, top three for sure; my fingers are firmly crossed for him, and we'll see how he goes tonight.

Rory's from Darwin, Dexter. How he goes depends on how he's pulled up after that crash at Ippo (after that crash at Brandon, etc, etc).

Naturally as a Territorian I hope Rory does well, top three for sure; my fingers are firmly crossed for him, and we'll see how he goes tonight.

Dave...

By 'grew up' I meant he made his first steps in professional speedway in SA (from what I can remember at least). That's why I am expecting him to be a difficult opponent in Gillman.

Updates on Round 1, available Here