British Speedway Forum
gypilgrim

British Final And Semi Finals

Surely as who ever loses will be reserve for the meeting anyway they should just run it as the first race at the final :rolleyes: will at least mean both riders are there..... and as we all know with our sport anything can happen, someone could get injured before the final and then they are both required to race anyway!!!! :unsure:

That is far to sensible an answer.

Apparently King and Hall are to have a run-off during the second Semi Final at Kings Lynn for the final place.

The run off will be at Wolverhampton before the final on June 14th.

Woffinden out ... that will derail the Sky Sports Woffinden band wagon.

Mind you bet he still gets mentioned more times than Frampton / Robson ;-))

That is far to sensible an answer.

I was in a sensible mood today for once :wink:

Woffinden out ... that will derail the Sky Sports Woffinden band wagon.

Mind you bet he still gets mentioned more times than Frampton / Robson ;-))

How can they not mention 2 of the riders in the final :shock::shock::lol:

What they gonna say ????

1st. Wild Card at British GP, Wotsit from Rye House

2nd, Thingy ex-of Rye House

3rd, Eddie Kennett, ex of Rye House.

And DNQ but already riding Tai Woffinden also ex of Rye House.

Bet you cant guess wht team I follow :lol::lol:

No Tai and no David Howe and no valid season tickets (plus meeting on Sky) will kill the crowd for the final in my opinion.

I am all for the new system of having to qualify and much like the old World Final system you expect a couple of upsets along the way. The upsets we have had are just bad news for the BSPA and Wolves in filling the stadium. This will most likely mean we get this system cancelled for 2011 which is a shame. The fairest thing would be to run the remaining 8 heats but the bspa won't do that I'm sure due to costs.

Edited by SteveEvans

I don't care if it was called off, who's out etc, etc, Nicholls will win his title back, nailed on. That's all that matters to me. :approve:

The run off will be at Wolverhampton before the final on June 14th.

I'm sure I remember doing the British Final when it was at Coventry and Steady had a run-off to qualify before the meeting

People screaming farce, how big a farce would it be if the meeting was re-run, Jordan Frampton scored 8, but didn't qualify. Yet Tai scored 9 and did qualify? over the 2 meeting Tai would have scored 13 to Jordans 17. That'd be a farce.

Hopefully the Wolves fans will all rally behind Rico, now that young Tai has fallen by the wayside? :unsure:

It defies all logic that last night result was allowed to stand, but nothing really surprises me with speedway any more. :blink:

I don't see the problem with the result being allowed to stand.

No one remember the British semi final farce at Newcastle (?) that allowed David Mcallen into a British final?

It's sad that the local fans didn't support this meeting, I hope we get a better turn out at Lynn next week, fans make or break meetings. Perhaps the BSPA would be better off negotiating with SKY to show the meetings on tv then they wouldn't have to rely on fans attending and we would all get to see the meetings :D

I don't see the problem with the result being allowed to stand.

No one remember the British semi final farce at Newcastle (?) that allowed David Mcallen into a British final?

Was going to post that so there is precedent. Sure there wasn't the same protests then. :lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

People have been moaning that riders whould have to qualify etc and now its happened there has been a rain off and people are moaning that Tai is not in the final and should be given another chance, this is not speedway at fault this is the fans moaning and taking stabs in the dark as to whats going to happen and causing the confusion. The governing body has been nothing but consistent in this matter.