British Speedway Forum
gypilgrim

British Final And Semi Finals

Apparently King and Hall are to have a run-off during the second Semi Final at Kings Lynn for the final place.

Nope. Awful crowd. Take out the fans who wouldn't usually be there on a Thursday, i.e Scunny, Coventry, Wolves, then there'd have hardly been anyone there!

Agree Squall. I thought thr crowd was similar to the Scunthorpe PT meeting last month.

An unsatisfactory night all round with the weather squarely to blame. Only winners were Nicholls and Frampton who were mighty impressive.

Losers: Tai, bet he wished he had stayed in Sweden.

Ashcroft, bet he wished he had stayed at home.

Howe, bet he wished that Compton stayed upright.

The crowd, bet they wish the rain had stayed away and they could have seen all 20 heats.

Never mind , eh ?

Edited by Exiled Cuda

Apparently King and Hall are to have a run-off during the second Semi Final at Kings Lynn for the final place.

Is that next Wednesday? If so, Danny is due at Poole with Ipswich.

Now that is interesting lol

Hopefully we get clarification from the BSPA tomorrow...I'm not hopeful :P

British speedway cracks me up so much. Heard that the result stands, and it doesn't stand all within an hour. Then they want a rider in Dorset and Norfolk at the same time :lol:

SCB Rules state that the British Finals which must include the Semi-Finals are run over 20 heats, not 12, 16 or anything else. There appears to be no provision for rain offs like there is in a normal league match unless this is covered inn the meeting Supplemenary Rules.

Does the result stand or not? If it it does, then it is most unfair since the riders will not have ridden against each other which the 20 heat format caters for.

Copied from the BSPA site http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/home.php

THURSDAY MAY 6:

BRITISH SEMI FINAL, at Sheffield

1. Scott Nicholls 9

2. Jordan Frampton 9

3. Oliver Allen 7

4. James Wright 6

5. Andrew Tully 6

6. Ben Barker 5

7. Stuart Robson 5

All qualify for British Final - 8th place to be confirmed

Abandoned after 12 heats diue to rain - RESULT STANDS

Let's see if it changes in the next few days :blink:

The World Under 21's was declared after heat 12 in 2005, hows this any different?

well thats there fault they didnt win there races but would have been even more unfair if riders like frampton and tully didnt make it if it was to be replayed after winning races through there hard work.

Agree 100%. Jordan frampton for examle. Three wins, what more could he be expected to do. Tai of whom I am a fan didn't do it and just because of that is no reason to rerun the thing.

Surely as who ever loses will be reserve for the meeting anyway they should just run it as the first race at the final :rolleyes: will at least mean both riders are there..... and as we all know with our sport anything can happen, someone could get injured before the final and then they are both required to race anyway!!!! :unsure:

Agree 100%. Jordan frampton for examle. Three wins, what more could he be expected to do. Tai of whom I am a fan didn't do it and just because of that is no reason to rerun the thing.

He had an EF, so would be level with Hall and King. But it makes the meeting at Monmore a none-contest and I can see the crowd suffering with no home rider in the field. I can't see there being any Semi finals in 2011 if the crowds aren't bringing any fans in.

it does now say on www.speedwaygb.com that the race off will be next wednesday night

But it makes the meeting at Monmore a none-contest and I can see the crowd suffering with no home rider in the field.

Joe Haines rides at the Kings Lynn Semi-Final next Wednesday ...... I'm sure he will grab a top 8 spot

12/05/10 1930 British Semi-Final, King's Lynn

12/05/10 1930 Poole v Ipswich (EL)

Surely they are not going to make Daniel King ride one race in Norfolk and miss out on a nights racing in Dorset while Ipswich cover him with a guest ?

Have the run-off before the final at Monmore Green .... winner goes into the meeting .... loser is first reserve !

Its a good job none of the Poole BRITISH riders are in that Semi-Final ;)