British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

That's another fine race you've gotten me in to.

Maybe we should start asking you to let us know when you have baked your next cake? :blink:

Nominations for what types of cake represent who could be quite fun...... :P

"HE HAD NOOOOOOOOO CHANCE!"  :mad:  :D

"HE HAD NOOOOOOOOO CHANCE!" :mad::D

No matter how many times I watch it he still takes hoim out big style.

There's one person here who wont being going to watch BP on ice, lol

Nice cake grachan. Really enjoyed it, but perhaps a Sponge one next time as I'm not too keen on Fruit Cake.

Many thanks for the slice. :)

No matter how many times I watch it he still takes him out big style.

I think you might be a bit biased here. What about down the back straight just before when Carter was giving Penhall the same treatment? When the incident happened Crump was on Penhall's inside and I think Kenny should have backed off as there wasn't enough room round the outside.

By the way, I am completely neutral on this because I used to like both Penhall and Carter. :)

Edited by Gemini

Was it John Chaplin who said in last weeks S. Star that they should have both been excluded for on-track fighting. I wonder if there has ever been an incident where 2 riders have been excluded, or even if it's allowed within the rules.

Guest maddriver

Ive got this meeting on vid and watched it over and over trying to figure who was to blame, ive come to the conclusion that, because they were knocking hell out of each other for a lap mr kittleson would have excluded who ever fell....just my opinion. :rolleyes:

My two-penneth:

Penhall took him out. I think Kenny was pretty dirty in the lead up to the incident and this probably gave Bruce the red mist. If you watch closely, Penhall just takes him wider and wider and even when they reach the straight, he doesn't straighten up he just keeps on sliding out to the fence. HE HAD NOOOOOOOOOO CHANCE! :shock:

You'd move out a bit if you had Crumpy on the inside. :D

One things for sure - they were not going to catch PC.

excellent - you are my hero Grachan!

I think it was all 50 50 two bends earlier and then Penhall definitely to blame! I remember being close to tears watching that as a ten year old :rolleyes:

dont suppose Kenny's interview would be playing at a cinema near us soon??

Once upon a time - ie 1973 - it was possible to fill out Wembley Stadium with a match between England and Sweden. That wouldn't happen these days - and not only because Wembley Stadium isn't there any more!

Actually, I think this might be the first ever speedway match I saw. When I first went in 1974 I had no idea what Speedway was, but once it started I realised I'd seen it before on the TV. I'm almost certain this was the match.

That's the Christer Lofqvist I remember! (missed out on this stopped going in 1971)

all set up by the attempted pass on the previous bend! :approve::wink:

Thx - forgot he was on the phone

classic nooo chance line but tinged with sadness now I guess

great wembley race - I never went but my Dad tells me that the noise echoing under the roof was immense :)

Heat 6 of the 1983 Intercontinental Final was an excellent race between Dennis Sigalos and Ole Olsen. (I'm not so sure that Falcace will enjoy it though!)