British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jac

Panthers 40th Anniversary Challenge Match

if they added Sam Tesar to this i would be there now waiting!

Ahhhhh....the lovely Sam........he's one of my favourite Panthers rider ever ........alongside Ryan Sullivan.

Hopefully they're in touch with him and we'll see him at the 40th Anniversary Festival.

Ahhhhh....the lovely Sam........he's one of my favourite Panthers rider ever ........alongside Ryan Sullivan.

Hopefully they're in touch with him and we'll see him at the 40th Anniversary Festival.

il second that

whats the full line ups for this meeting please?

Edited by Andrew E

Thank you

You're welcome!! Are you going ?

Just returned from what was a cold evening but not as bad as expected. I thought the whole presentation was good this evening. I will not say anything too negative about any of the riders as I know they were trying out machines and blowing away the cobwebs. However I have to say there were some positives tonight and was very impressed with Troy who will surely be after the number one slot before the end of the season. The other riders who impressed were Jesper Monberg and Krysztof Buczkowski. It was so good to see Jesper riding so well again around the showground and obviously had a point to prove. Krsyztof tried very hard and looks a good acquisition as he quickly adapted to the track and gave 100%. Jason after sorting his machinery was his usual self. He made it clear when interviewed that he was not happy with the silencers that have to be used this year. As I sit level with the tapes I have to say I missed the noise generated just before they go up. It was so good just to be there knowing the season has started. An excellent firework display rounded off the evening.

Very enjoyable evening, with a number of definite positives from a Panthers perspective. As Stiltonpanther says, this was as much an engine testing session as it was a competitive fixture, but even so it was hard not to feel very positive about several points, not least the showing of Buczkowski - I feared that P'boro could struggle in the reserve berths, but he showed he's a real racer with plenty of pace. And Batchelor's showing was even more impressive given that, at the post-meeting forum, he revealed he was suffering from a bug (he did look rather pale, it had to be said...).

A few riders had disappointing nights, but really nothing can be read into that.

Track looked in very good condition, which augurs well for the season. Also, Peter Oakes stressed very adamantly that Panthers meetings will start promptly, with the first heat tapes always rising at 7.30 - so make sure you get to the Showground on time this season!

As a neutral i thought this was a decent match.Some good tight races,some good overtaking and a bit of dust to go with it.

I really thought Crumpy's team would have kept the scores a bit tighter than that though.But fair play to the Panthers if they ride like that against the likes of Crump,Kasprzak and Pedersen they will be unbeatable at home.Although they won't have Monberg in the team unless they can manipulate the averages somehow.

That Buczkowski looks a steal on a 4pt average,make the most of him while he is at reserve i say.

Troy was excellent tonight,i just wish he would have come around and taken the applause of the crowd he certainly deserved it.

A good turnout and a well run meeting - I was heading back down the A1 just after nine.

The Panthers will be very strong at home this year. Troy was very impressive and Buczkowski looks to be a handy reserve.

Nicki was not as sharp as he was yesterday at Rye - didn't seem to have the power. Jason looked good when he got his bikes going and didn't seem over keen on the new silencer when he was interviewed.

All in all a very enjoyable evening and worth the 200 mile round trip.