British Speedway Forum

Danish Grand Prix 05/06

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a slow start, it turned out to be an enjoyable GP. One moan to Sky. Why was the Danish stadium announcer as loud as the Sky announcers? I struggled to hear all that was being said by Nigel and Kelvin at times.

After a slow start, it turned out to be an enjoyable GP. One moan to Sky. Why was the Danish stadium announcer as loud as the Sky announcers? I struggled to hear all that was being said by Nigel and Kelvin at times.

They were only talking about " winding it all on " whatever that does . Must be important though as they mentioned it at least half a dozen times during each race .

Gutted for KB, he has been dreadfully unlucky again, Holder trying an impossible move and staying down has cost KB the Danish GP.

Tony Steele needs to watch the starts, the riders were taking advantage of his poor eyesight in all the heats, particularly the Poles.

Can the GPs get any more boring? Perhaps it's just me but I'm bored rigid!

With respect some people on here need some SERIOUS mental therapy.

Once again this year, a meeting on Sky (particulary a GP) has been great entertainment. Yet again tonight i feel so proud of this great sport. Superb entertainment with a plethora of subplots and twists. A great fantastic and ENJOYABLE spectacle and it's certainly put me in the mood for a rollicking night out, well on a high after that meeting.

FF(lips)S you got a life enjoy it. Great evening of entertainment.

Gutted for KB, he has been dreadfully unlucky again, Holder trying an impossible move and staying down has cost KB the Danish GP.

Tony Steele needs to watch the starts, the riders were taking advantage of his poor eyesight in all the heats, particularly the Poles.

Don't know whether Kenny would have beaten Jarek, but at least he would have had the opportunity.

Wouldn't say the rolling was limited to the Poles, everybody seemed to be doing it once they realised the "best ref in the world" was letting them get away with it.

With respect some people on here need some SERIOUS mental therapy.

Once again this year, a meeting on Sky (particulary a GP) has been great entertainment. Yet again tonight i feel so proud of this great sport. Superb entertainment with a plethora of subplots and twists. A great fantastic and ENJOYABLE spectacle and it's certainly put me in the mood for a rollicking night out, well on a high after that meeting.

FF(lips)S you got a life enjoy it. Great evening of entertainment.

seconded here could NOT have put it any better , the best GP in 2010

Lucky

They were only talking about " winding it all on " whatever that does . Must be important though as they mentioned it at least half a dozen times during each race .

Don't worry Paul, I'll have a word with Scoop and get him to shout so that he can be heard.

A very enjoyable meeting. If you didn't like that, then you will never be satisfied with speedway. This is the best GP series ever and it's very hard to predict a winner. Crump and Nick are really struggling, Nicki is so slow now, or his bikes are!

Crump is having a very strange series, with the legacy of his injuries, you may have expected him to start strongly, and then fade, but quite the opposite is happening. Bizarre.

Totally agree, the riders were mving all night. I don't get this "Tony Steele" is great thing. He's a terrible referee as he seems to miss/ignore so much.

Really enjoyed this GP and a BIG thankyou to all riders who made it so entertaining. Some very tense, close riding that was a credit to all. It was difficult to call from before the semis and it seemed to swing this way and that as far as riders reaching form: Bjerre, Crump, Gollob, Jonsson were all looking to make it but well done Hampel. Hope noone is going to be miserly praising Harris who looked brave and determined all meeting. A fully deserved third and good to see him gating well. Whether he can carry this thorugh to subsequent GPs we will see but tonight should give him confidence.

SKY coverage was also very fine. Millard shouts - so what! There was plenty to shout about.

This is a really interesting season. It's a shame Satnav's not in it as he would liven it up even more. Reackon this could be Gollob's year. The new boys could fade and he will pick up points everwhere. And Harris to make the top eight, I hope, and Wuffy to get better and learn. There area lot of riders in this season's GP who could fancy themselves for a good night and a podium place. Let's hope it continues

Can the GPs get any more boring? Perhaps it's just me but I'm bored rigid!

Never ceases to amaze me how some folks can't wait to post this type of pre-conceived statement - must have been after at least one heat, but before the third, which was the first of several exciting races.

I thoroughly enjoyed the GP, and I'm currently enjoying the replay, if only to confirm that last night's winner was - drum roll please, maestro - wait for it - the Sheila in Blue!!

We were blessed down here by losing the commentary on several occasions; luckily Charlie came through loud and clear at the second attempt!

Really enjoyed this last night.

A bit of a poor start thanks to the watering.

Leigh Adams called it right though & things improved tremendously.

Great to see Bomber get on the podium.

Maybe this is a good omen, i seem to remember him having a 3rd place finish a couple of GP's before winning Cardiff in 2007.

Think i may bet a "pony" on him.icon_smile_approve.gif