British Speedway Forum
Andy Wilko

Harry Carpenter

I noticed in the obituaries for 'arry that one of his first journo jobs was as Assistant Editor of the Speedway Gazette in the late 40s/early 50s. He also was a Greyhound Racing journalist before moving on to the noble art.

It brought to mind the occasion when the presenter of Grandstand at the time (may have been David Coleman) introduced a boxing bout and then said "now I'll hand you over to Harry Commentator your carpenter".

A

I noticed in the obituaries for 'arry that one of his first journo jobs was as Assistant Editor of the Speedway Gazette in the late 40s/early 50s. He also was a Greyhound Racing journalist before moving on to the noble art.

It brought to mind the occasion when the presenter of Grandstand at the time (may have been David Coleman) introduced a boxing bout and then said "now I'll hand you over to Harry Commentator your carpenter".

A

Typical 'Colemanballs' - Private Eye would have liked that one. :approve::approve::approve:

Apologies Mr Moderator.

I just didn't see the point of a duplicate thread.

ML - I don't want to be a mod, it's too much hassle. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Apologies Mr Moderator.

I just didn't see the point of a duplicate thread.

Okay Mrs. Moderator :wink:

Rob McCafffery

Typical 'Colemanballs' - Private Eye would have liked that one. :approve::approve::approve:

I am sorry - BUT - I should also have Posted:

A brilliant Commentator who will be sadly missed.

R.I.P. + Harry.

Edited by ianmartin