British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ballinger

2010 Grand Prix Competition

Why do we need the mods? I don't see why or how their interference is affecting the running of this competition. All the teams have been submitted, new captains nominated, and scores collated after each round. What's the problem? And why are we still waiting for the updated scores after round 2?

i had the same thaught wilfred.

it looks like hes fed up of doing the competition and is looking for a way out. if its a lot of work no one would blame him but its a bit ott to try and blame the mods for it. this thread is the same as last years and there was no dramatics then :blink:

still it seems easier to blame the mods and have evry1 jump on the 'have a go at mods' bandwagon. ok now i've been nice mods please can i have my signature back or i'll threaten to stop posting :D

Edited by Bannakaffalatta

Why do we need the mods? I don't see why or how their interference is affecting the running of this competition. All the teams have been submitted, new captains nominated, and scores collated after each round. What's the problem? And why are we still waiting for the updated scores after round 2?

Because having individual threads for captain nominations for each round allows the software that calculates all the scores to automatically update after each round.

By merging them together it means I have no easy identifable 'first' post for each round, and as such I have to manually search the thread.

I would not have spent hours writing the code for the game last season to just jack it all in after 2 rounds this year.

All I'm asking for is for the mods to respect my request that we have an individual thread for each round.

This was made quite clear in the rules of the game outlined in post #1.

I'm with Ballinger on this

I also agree with Ballinger he has gone through alot of his own time setting up this Grand Prix competition and i think his request should be accepted.

Could i please have Kenneth Bjerre as © for round 3

Because having individual threads for captain nominations for each round allows the software that calculates all the scores to automatically update after each round.

By merging them together it means I have no easy identifable 'first' post for each round, and as such I have to manually search the thread.

I would not have spent hours writing the code for the game last season to just jack it all in after 2 rounds this year.

All I'm asking for is for the mods to respect my request that we have an individual thread for each round.

This was made quite clear in the rules of the game outlined in post #1.

Have to agree,sometimes you have to wonder what goes through the mods heads or whoever is doing it.I had the same problem,you try your best to make this forum interesting and it only takes one or two people to mess it up.I also tried to find out who is behind moving these threads for no reason.I could understand if their was a need to move posts but this id blatent just messing things up for NO REASON.PLEASE have the guts to step forward and explain your actions the MOD TEAM.

sheesh use the red 'go to first unread post button' like the rest of us

its like me saying hey I don't like having to press the red button for last unread post so can everyone please make a new topic for every post to do with the monarchs to save be the 'trouble'

talk about a drama out of nothing :rolleyes:

talk about a drama out of nothing :rolleyes:

So I take it you wont be entering a team Bannakaffalatta ?

EDIT : PMs sent to all 4 mods in the hope that an explanation maybe forthcoming.

My second attempt at having a separate thread for Round 3 captain nominations has just been deleted by someone so this is my last chance in trying to resolve this matter.

Edited by ballinger

As it appears that whomever is moderating this section of the BSF is maintaining a position of total intransigence, I have no option but to invite nominations for captains for the future SGPs on this thread going forward.

I will now have to manually maintain the information on the SGP competition spreadsheet, and as such will do my level best to keep the game running up to date.

It is extremely disappointing that due to someone's inability to respect my position as the organiser of the game, and indeed as someone who has financially supported the BSF in recent times, that my requests for separate threads have fallen on deaf ears, and indeed that they do not even have the politeness or good grace to offer me an explanation why this is just not possible, rather to just almost immediately delete both threads and posts.

Edited by ballinger

Can we now start nominating, Ballinger? If so i'll go with Nicki Pedersen, cheers.

Yes, please go ahead everyone - on this thread only please.

Edited by ballinger

Young Mr Crump again for me please.

Kenneth Bjerre for captain please.

I knew I should have gone with him last time :(

Crumpy as my captain for the Prague round please. :)

I'll go for Crump as my captain again please Ballinger.

Thanks for persevering in light of whats happened, I'm sure the vast majority of us who enjoy your game are behind you. Someone needs to have the bollocks to give you an explanation and not ignore you, it's pathetic. I wouldn't blame you if you pulled the plug on it mate.