British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedyguy

Keep Turning Left

Can one deduce from the above Parsnips Old Fruit that you've bought and read all of Mr. Scott's works then? :unsure::wink:

Hmm, once you've read one of Mr. Scott's books you've read them all - as he simply repeats himself and/or writes about the fact he wrote and has sold (a few copies of!) the previous one...

No wonder he has to self-publish..

"word choice error". Very good, Jeff.

Is 1932 a year choice error?

No, it's a "date" error

Not originally mentioned by you (or part of your subsequent textual analysis) but - freakishly it now turns out - unconsciously predicted by Mystic Norbold

Going by the fact he couldn't see what was wrong with the sentence Norbold picked out,it does make me wonder :rolleyes:

Hmm, once you've read one of Mr. Scott's books you've read them all - as he simply repeats himself and/or writes about the fact he wrote and has sold (a few copies of!) the previous one...

No wonder he has to self-publish..

So are you now saying Parsnips Old Fruit that you have only read one of his books and that book contained several hundred thousand 'word choice errors'? :blink: Which one was that then? :unsure:

So are you now saying Parsnips Old Fruit that you have only read one of his books and that book contained several hundred thousand 'word choice errors'? :blink: Which one was that then? :unsure:

No, I have read THREE of his books : the first three. How many is he up to now..? Five or is it six all on the same (non-) subject..? And how many people has he upset, offended, broken up their relationships...? Not quite as many as he's bored to death!!

No, I have read THREE of his books : the first three. How many is he up to now..? Five or is it six all on the same (non-) subject..? And how many people has he upset, offended, broken up their relationships...? Not quite as many as he's bored to death!!

So are you now saying you bought three of his books Parsnips Old Fruit? :unsure: If so, at least it's cheaper than watching Arsenal v Manchester City eh? :wink::lol:

So are you now saying you bought three of his books Parsnips Old Fruit? :unsure: If so, at least it's cheaper than watching Arsenal v Manchester City eh? :wink::lol:

Indeed true - though even more boring!!!

BTW, my comment about the cost of the tickets remains more or less the only surviving part of my posting in the Football thread.

Free speech (practised nobly by Mr. Scott in his books...!!) is a much rarer commodity here on the BSF!

Indeed true - though even more boring!!!

BTW, my comment about the cost of the tickets remains more or less the only surviving part of my posting in the Football thread.

Free speech (practised nobly by Mr. Scott in his books...!!) is a much rarer commodity here on the BSF!

Well surely you could set up your own forum in that case then if you're not happy with the way the BSF is run and there you could post away to your heart's content? :blink: The choice is yours isn't it? :rolleyes:

Well surely you could set up your own forum in that case then if you're not happy with the way the BSF is run and there you could post away to your heart's content? :blink: The choice is yours isn't it? :rolleyes:

God, Bryn...: if you EVER said anything of any interest that didn't just toe the line of the sport's authorities and/or the Mods, how would YOU like it if your posts were censored or deleted for no reason..?

You should win the Nobel Prize for Inanity!!

God, Bryn...: if you EVER said anything of any interest that didn't just toe the line of the sport's authorities and/or the Mods, how would YOU like it if your posts were censored or deleted for no reason..?

You should win the Nobel Prize for Inanity!!

I haven't got a clue what you posted originally Parsnips old fruit so have no axe to grind either way. :rolleyes: The fact remains though, as I said, if you don't like the way the moderators undertake their tasks on the BSF then you DO have the option of setting up your own forum! The choice is yours isn't it? As is mine with what view I take on things! :wink:

No, it's a "date" error

Not originally mentioned by you (or part of your subsequent textual analysis) but - freakishly it now turns out - unconsciously predicted by Mystic Norbold

"freakishly" "unconsciously predicted" "Mystic"

Great cover up for the mistake, Jeff. Blame the supernatural. Works every time.

"freakishly" "unconsciously predicted" "Mystic"

Great cover up for the mistake, Jeff. Blame the supernatural. Works every time.

Possibly only supernatural intervention can ensure an error free speedway book gets written

Returning to the real topic of this thread, Ray's book remains fun and a worthwhile purchase. Quotes that give a flavour of his approach here

There are two alternative discussion groups available. Obviously I cannot publicise them here (neither anything to do with me !!!PITW!!). And maybe a mod will delete this pretty soon?

Possibly only supernatural intervention can ensure an error free speedway book gets written

Returning to the real topic of this thread, Ray's book remains fun and a worthwhile purchase. Quotes that give a flavour of his approach here

'Keep Turning Left' is a very good read. I agree with what Jeff Scott says about it!

If you dislike them that much why on earth did you buy 3, mind you at least you pay for them unlike some others I could mention??!! I have enjoyed all his books, he has an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time don't you Mr Scott ;-) Can't wait for the next one its going to be a very interesting read and as for "breaking up relationships" what a crock of cow poop I almost pmsl when I read this comment from you time and time again MR P, fortunately I still have full control of my water works :lol:

Jules M

If you dislike them that much why on earth did you buy 3, mind you at least you pay for them unlike some others I could mention??!! I have enjoyed all his books, he has an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time don't you Mr Scott ;-) Can't wait for the next one its going to be a very interesting read and as for "breaking up relationships" what a crock of cow poop I almost pmsl when I read this comment from you time and time again MR P, fortunately I still have full control of my water works :lol:

Jules M

Happy New Year, Jules!

D.

xxx

PS save your money on Jeff's next book. Just rip up the pages out the last two, scatter them on the floor and rearrange slighty and, hey presto, his next book!! :wink::D