British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

World Under21s Meeting

BoBc, why were British kids asked that late? Was it because there were no british riders willing to take part in this meeting (that has been known since last November-ish)? OR because someone had withdrawn and Jean-Paul from the FIM was kind enough to ask federations for new riders and the ACU/BSPA U21 supremo did the rounds and asked for new ones...

So could it be that in this case the actions of British speedway could be applauded!!?

Not really.

I gather it was for rider injury.

Why doesnt British Speedway get itself organised properly? We had a similar happening for last seasons U21 World Cup in Germany. Riders were willing to travel,but the required paperwork couldnt be processed in time.

Once all the riders had qualified for the British U21 Final at Lakeside,surely they should have ALL been required to take medicals etc? BSPA to cover that cost.The top 8 automatically going through to the next stages.Allowing for withdrawals and injuries etc,that would have put all the others on immediate standby. If a space became available,all they would have had to do was pack the van and go.

The one rider I spoke to who WANTED to travel,wasnt even aware of the medical and licence requirements.I put it down to downright poor management at the BSPA.

Its no wonder the other Nations are overtaking us.They seem to get riders here there and everywhere.Why cant we?

In the European U19 Championships,we only have one certain place.Why? Because Graham Reeve only applied for ONE place! Again,while talking to other riders,they were not aware of any dealines to apply.I understand that efforts are being made to get more riders in.

Until the BSPA etc get their act together and start acting in a professional manner,Britain will remain as a 3rd tier Speedway nation.

Not really.

I gather it was for rider injury.

Why doesnt British Speedway get itself organised properly? We had a similar happening for last seasons U21 World Cup in Germany. Riders were willing to travel,but the required paperwork couldnt be processed in time.

Once all the riders had qualified for the British U21 Final at Lakeside,surely they should have ALL been required to take medicals etc? BSPA to cover that cost.The top 8 automatically going through to the next stages.Allowing for withdrawals and injuries etc,that would have put all the others on immediate standby. If a space became available,all they would have had to do was pack the van and go.

The one rider I spoke to who WANTED to travel,wasnt even aware of the medical and licence requirements.I put it down to downright poor management at the BSPA.

Its no wonder the other Nations are overtaking us.They seem to get riders here there and everywhere.Why cant we?

In the European U19 Championships,we only have one certain place.Why? Because Graham Reeve only applied for ONE place! Again,while talking to other riders,they were not aware of any dealines to apply.I understand that efforts are being made to get more riders in.

Until the BSPA etc get their act together and start acting in a professional manner,Britain will remain as a 3rd tier Speedway nation.

Good point!

Can I just add that with most other federations the riders make an international licence, there isnt as such as just a national licence like the british riders get from the acu. these riders have already taken a mediacal for the licence and so dont need to do another one for FIM or UEM meetings so whilst the riders are on there way to cover for an injured rider the home federation or FMN can sort out the licence and fax it straight to the organisers of the meeting.

Good point!

Can I just add that with most other federations the riders make an international licence, there isnt as such as just a national licence like the british riders get from the acu. these riders have already taken a mediacal for the licence and so dont need to do another one for FIM or UEM meetings so whilst the riders are on there way to cover for an injured rider the home federation or FMN can sort out the licence and fax it straight to the organisers of the meeting.

The event is an FIM event, so obviously it requires a FIM licence,

If a rider is injured or is unfit before the meeting, the place should rightly be taken by the meeting reserve not another brit as a brit was injured.

imagine if the meeting reserves were Brits and an Aussie got injured and replaced him with another Aussie. there would be pages of abuse on here

Good point!

That is the point Im trying to make.

Last season,Brendan Johnson had to have THREE seperate licences.The standard ACU,UEM,and FIM

ACU....covers him for domestic meetings in the UK.

UEM....covers him for any meeting run by UEM.As per last season,he is also riding in the UEM U19's Championships again this year.

FIM....One of the reasons he was included in the British U21 World Team Cup team last season was that he already had the medical,eye tests,etc.

Why on earth cant ALL riders have just ONE international licence,with certain exclusions,as per the standard driving licences?

With todays technologies,it should be very easy to email any relative information.

Kiwi,I believe that each nation has an allocation of places for each event.So if a Brit is drawn to ride,it is up to the British to replace him,before offering the place to anyone else.

Live Updates from the Gorican Qualifying Round can be found here: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ind&action=display&thread=6442

It does look like this won't go ahead though as the 1pm practice was cancelled as was the 2pm and 4pm practices. FIM Jury are insisting if there's no practice then there's no meeting as 6 of the field have never ridden there before. The Club say they are happy to wait until 10pm if necessary.

14. Pavol People (Czech Republic) -> 14. Pavel Pucko (Czech Republic)

14. Pavol People (Czech Republic) -> 14. Pavel Pucko (Czech Republic)

Thank You.

Darn that Google Translate Nonsense!!!

Riders Briefing has been called for 7pm Local Time to decide what happens.

Still pouring down though at Gorican.

Holsted Result.

1. Dennis Andersson - 13

2. Patrick Hougaard - 12

3. Linus Sundstrom - 11

4. Rene Bach - 10

4. Kim Nilsson - 10

6. Simon Gustafsson - 9

----------------------------------------

6. Lasse Bjerre - 9

7. Christian Ago - 8

7. Timo Lahti - 8

9. Michael Jepsen Jensen - 7

9. Peter Kildemand - 7

11. Jari Makinen - 6

12. Ludvig Lindgren - 4

13. Patrick Bjerregjard - 3

13. Jonas B. Andersen - 3

15. Niko Siltaniemi - 0

Taken from Holsted's Website

Gorican Meeting Off.

Re-Staging at 9am (8am UK Time) Sunday May 16th.

Gdansk Result.

1. Artur Mroczka (Polska) - 14 (3,3,3,2,3)

2. Artiom Łaguta (Rosja) - 13 (3,2,2,3,3)

3. Wadim Tarasenko (Rosja) - 12 (3,3,1,3,2)

4. Joe Haines (Wielka Brytania) - 11 (1,2,3,2,3)

5. Kalle Katajisto (Finlandia) - 10 (3,1,3,1,2)

6. Anton Rosen (Szwecja) - 9+3 (2,1,2,2,2)

--------------------------------------------

7. Eric Pudel (Niemcy) - 9+2 (1,3,2,3,w)

8. Adrian Szewczykowski (Polska) - 8 (1,3,0,3,1)

9. Sam Masters (Australia) - 7 (0,2,2,0,3)

10. Marcel Szymko (Polska) - 6 (2,0,1,2,1)

11. Kyle Hughes (Wielka Brytania) - 5 (2,0,0,1,2)

12. Damian Sperz (Polska) - 4 (0,1,3,w,d)

13. Tyson Nelson (Australia) - 4 (2,u,1,u,1)

14. Siergiej Borysenko (Ukraina) - 3 (u,2,1,u,0)

15. Vaclav Milik (Czechy) - 3 (1,0,0,1,1)

16. Michal Dudek (Czechy) - 1 (0,1,0,0,0)

17. Andriej Kobrin (Ukraina) - 0 (-,-,-,-,-)